I was waiting

my First Love was scripted?

“Naeun. The next time you see Taemin it’ll be coming of age day. You have to do something for him.” Naeun’s mom says.
“I agree, mom. I’ve been preparing to make galbijjim for the past week now because he said he loves it. It’s been hard but I think I’ve got it down. Eunji and Bomi have been helping me.”
“Yes but Naeun, galbijjim isn’t the traditional gift for coming of age day.”

“What are they again? A rose, perfume, and...” Naeun blushes.
“Maybe instead of a kiss you guys can do something you both really like?” her mom insists.
“Ah~ that’s a good idea.” relief sweeps through Naeun. ‘I can’t possibly be that close to him already. I’m not ready.’

Together Naeun and her mother go shopping and pick out a scent that she thinks will suit Taemin. 
“Ah. Naeun. This one will be perfect for your husband.” 
Naeun smells it and immediately falls in love. She agrees.

 

“Okay Naeun. Sit here and Taemin will be in soon.”
“I ordered the flowers a few hours ago, are they here yet?” she asks desperately.
“No. But when they arrive, we will let them through okay?”
“Okay.” Naeun suddenly grows nervous. She starts twisting the ring on her finger. She places her other gift underneath the table so he won’t see them immediately.

She hears him open the door behind her and smiles. She prepares herself to see his face again after a week. 
“Have you been well, Naeun?” Taemin asks with a smile.
“Yes...um.. yeah. Hi” She stutters. She looks at his smile and admires his face. He looks more handsome today than usual Naeun notes. The sight of him makes her heart beat quicker.
“Did you see the last episode?” Taemin asks curiously. 
“Yes I did. All of my friends and my members said that you’re really cool.”
“Me?! How am I cool? I kept getting told off!” Taemin laughs at the absurdity of the statement.
“By who?!” Naeun is surprised. All the people around her at the last viewing party were swooning over Taemin. 
“I saw the episode with my manager-hyungs and my best friends and they said that I didn’t know what I was doing the whole time so I asked them what I should be doing and they said that I should play...hard to get...?”
Taemin immediately notices Naeun’s face drop.
“Oh! I can tell you don’t like sound of that.” Taemin smiles at this realization.
“Playing hard to get?!” 
“Yes.” Taemin’s smile widens.
“I don’t want you to! Why? Why would you have to do that?” Naeun says with increasing disappointment.
“It’s the way life goes.” Taemin jokes.
“No but really. Shouldn’t dating have it’s ups and downs? Like a rollercoaster?” Taemin asks genuinely. Hoping Naeun notices that he said ‘dating’ to hint that he is being truthful. Everything he has said and done so far is 100% his true self.
“I don’t like that sort of thing.” Naeun says honestly. She realizes that she is expressing her feelings naturally to him. No need to force anything. She is speaking from the heart.
“Okay I understand.” Taemin says trying to hide his smile. He looks across from Naeun and sees her actually upset. This makes his heart leap. He can tell she’s being honest about this. And if she doesn’t want him to play hard to get... does that mean she likes him too? He becomes bold.

“Whenever we aren’t filming, do you ever think ‘ah... when’s the next filming?’” He asks forgetting the presence of the crew members all together.
Naeun takes a deep breath. She decides not to lose her nerve.
“I did.” she looks at him directly.
“Were you anticipating it?” he asks, hoping she doesn’t stop expressing herself.
Naeun smiles. She can feel his genuine interest.
“I was waiting.” she says.
“You were waiting?” Taemin decides to play it cool and nods.
“Yes.” Naeun tilts her head, “and what about you, Oppa?”
Taemin tries to fight the smile he can feel creeping on his face. ‘keep playing it cool, keep playing it cool’
“I was waiting for it too, of course.”
“Really?” Naeun asks, tilting her head more, flashing her aegyo.
Taemin decides to push the envelope further since she is being very honest today. And possibly...flirting with him?