Coming of Age Day

my First Love was scripted?

“How was it while you were waiting? How did you feel?” he asks. Still not cracking a smile.

Naeun lets out a puff of air. She sits up straight trying to balance the embarrassment turning inside her tummy.

“I.. had butterflies~” she says, sitting up even straighter. Becoming aware that he was twisting the ring on his finger. He’s nervous too! This sight gives Naeun butterflies right away.
"Ah. Really?” Taemin asks, with an equal amount of butterflies in his stomach. But his outward appearance is still cool, trying not to let his cheekbones rise. His bravery grows.
“How were the butterflies? I want to know~” he asks. His eyes flirting right back at her.

Naeun giggles and the butterflies go crazy. She looks at Taemin’s eyes sparkling at her and his mouth slowly creeps into a smile. It’s a smile she’s never seen before. She can almost see an “I have feelings for you” behind those eyes and that smile. This reassures her.

“I.... missed you.” she blushes at her own words. She has finally said what she hasn’t said to anyone, not even herself.. and it feels good.
Taemin cannot contain his cheekbones any longer. He feels them rising, and covers his face with his hands. He never expected her to say anything like that. But he really liked it. In that moment, he is determined to open the door to her heart.
“I’m embarrassed just talking about this!” he cracks.

“Right? I’m glad it’s not just me!” Naeun agrees.
Their moment is interrupted by the flower delivery man.
"
Wait what’s that?” Taemin asks.

Naeun turns around and sees the flower delivery man that is a few hours late! She becomes nervous again, remembering that she is on television.
“Your bouquet has arrived.” the man says.
“Yes, I’ll take it.” Naeun says shyly.
“Did you order flowers?” he asks

“Yes.”
“Why?” 

She shyly hands him the bouquet.

“What is this? Are you confessing to me?” Taemin asks excitedly.
“Don’t you know?” Naeun flashes her aegyo again.

Taemin’s heart beats a mile a minute. Is this confirmation? Oh but wait..

“Coming of age day?” he asks with a little disappointment.
“Yes.” Naeun smiles. She wonders if Taemin really was wondering if she would confess to him with flowers.
“Wow. Thank you~” Taemin smiles.
Taemin looks at Naeun again in the way that makes her heart beat faster. His eyes sparkle because he’s just realizing that she bought him flowers.
“Ah but Oppa, you must have received many bouquets from girls in the past.” she asks, preparing herself for the answer.

Taemin’s smile fades. He decides to be honest.
“Yes. I have.”
“Of course you have..” Naeun says with a hint of disappointment. Taemin sees it in her face and replies with a bright smile,
“But I like your bouquet the most.”

Naeun’s butterflies return. 

“Really?” she giggles.
Taemin looks away from her cuteness and smiles.
“Seriously.”

Naeun takes a bag out from underneath the table and slides it over to Taemin.

“OH! Another gift? did you prepare this yourself?”
“I really did. I went to the shops and chose it myself.” Naeun says proudly.

Taemin gets another confirmation that this is real. She isn’t saying things that the producers are feeding her, she is genuinely thinking of him and buying him gifts.
Taemin opens it.

“It’s cologne.” He sprays the cologne on his wrist and smells it.
“Do you like it?” Naeun says nervously.
“Yes!” he excitedly sprays more on his wrist and spreads it all over his body.
Naeun giggles.
“Have you ever gotten perfume as a gift before?” she asks again preparing herself for an answer.

Taemin’s happiness is halted yet again. He carefully nods. He sees Naeun’s face fall yet again.

“You probably get a lot..” she says trying to disguise the hurt in her face.

He decides being honest is probably not the best route. He doesn’t want to hurt her feelings...
“No. Just a little?” he says.

“A little?” she says, in incredulity.
He nods, looking away from her. Her eyes narrow. ‘he’s lying’ she thinks to herself.
!! “But I think this one is the best.” Taemin says looks directly into her eyes.
“Did you put perfume on today?” Taemin asks to try to recover.

“Me? Yes. I did.”

Taemin gestures Naeun to let him smell her wrist.
“Oh it’s a gentle scent. Oh! I know this scent.”
“How do you know it?” Naeun says, a thought of him being another girl suddenly dampers her mood.
“It’s your scent!” he confesses.
“My scent?” Naeun asks in confusion.

“Yes. During filming I can smell it. It’s sweet, and feminine. It suits you. I like it.”
Naeun giggles.
“From now on, whenever we meet I’ll use the cologne you bought me, and you use that perfume. Okay?” Taemin says, tilting his head the same way she did earlier.

Naeun is shocked at her own actions being mirrored in front of her. She is speechless. Taemin smiles and nods, proud of himself.
Naeun decides to be cheeky right back and says,
“So do you know the three gifts for this day?”

“Perfume, roses, and....” Taemin blushes.
“What’s the other one?” Naeun challenges.

“Another one? I don’t know. There’s only two... right?” he says his heart pounding. He takes a drink, trying to cool off.
“I thought there was three...” Naeun teases.

“Then what’s the third one?” Taemin shoots back.
“The third one?... I don’t know..” she says,
“I think you do know.” he says, enjoying her sudden coy attitude.
“No. I really don’t.” she says, batting her eyelashes.
“I’m pretty sure there are only two.”

“Then there must only be two.” She says, taking sip of her drink, suddenly overheating from her bravery.
“Okay.” They both laugh in embarrassment, and take sips of their drinks.
“Actually! there is one more.” Taemin chokes on his drink. And blushes again. ‘she keeps pressing this issue.‘ the thought makes him blush more.
“What do you think it is, Oppa? Guess.” she tilts her head again.
Taemin plays dumb.
“Is it something you can eat?”

“No.” Naeun tilts her head more.
“Something you can wear?”

“No.” She smiles at him. He smiles back at how cute she is being.
“An action of some kind?” he asks bravely.

“Yes.” she bats her eyelashes again.
“By yourself? Or with other people?”

“You can do it by yourself, or with one other person.” Naeun hints.
“How is it with two people?” Taemin asks.
They both start giggling. Taemin can’t take his eyes off Naeun. And crosses his legs in embarrassment.

“It’s nerve-wrecking for both people.” she says carefully.
“Really?” he says, wiping his sweaty palms on his pants.

“Hurry up and guess!” Naeun says, her eyes smiling.
“In English, or Korean?”
“English.” Naeun laughs at this request.
“Oh what can it be? You said it’s nerve-wrecking, right?” he asks one more time, afraid of being wrong.
Naeun nods.
“Is this something I like?” Taemin asks, coyly.
Naeun nods again.
“I think I know what it is.”
Naeun looks at Taemin expectedly. Taemin tries to muster up the courage to say the word that’s been on his mind, but instead grabs a piece of paper from his bag and a pencil. He slowly writes ‘kiss’ in English and Naeun bursts in laughter.
“Why?~” Taemin smiles back at Naeun.
“What is that?????” she asks playfully.
“Why??”

“And if it’s right?” she says brightly.
Taemin blushes again. He closes his eyes in embarrassment. His mind going crazy.

“If it’s right?” he opens his eyes and looks directly at Naeun‘s beauty. If it’s right, he will be the happiest man in all of Korea.
She suddenly bursts his bubble and says,
“It’s not right!”
“It’s not?” Taemin laughs in embarrassment and closes his eyes again. And suddenly, he feels despair. It’s not right?
“Nooooooo.” Naeun smiles at him.

“Then what is it? I really have no idea?” Taemin says in disappointment.
! he gets another idea. He writes ‘kiss’ in Korean on the paper.
Naeun bursts out in laughter again. How embarrassing.
“No.” she says, avoiding his gaze.

“No?” Taemin decides to write ‘kiss’ again on the piece of paper and slides it over to Naeun.
“It isn’t this?”

Naeun bursts into laughter and hides her face behind her curtain of hair.
“No. Is this what you want to receive?” She asks in embarrassment.
“Oh no. That’s not..”

“Really? It seems like this is what you want to receive.”

“No. No.. I’m just saying.” Taemin’s blush is brighter than ever. He takes another sip of water to cool off from this wave of embarrassing moments.
“I’ll just tell you what it is.” Naeun says. Deciding her fun with embarrassing him is over.
“We are going bungee jumping.”
“Really?” Taemin becomes more nervous than he has this entire day. The thought of bungee-jumping as a couple made him lose his train of thought.