Letters to each other

my First Love was scripted?

The two walk along the town in a daze, electrified by their first skinship. Although forced, Taemin felt like he was on cloud 9. He was wrapped in his thoughts when he suddenly looked up and found a shop that sends letters that you’ve written a year later. 

“Let’s do this! I’ll write to you, and you should write to me.” Taemin says excitedly.
“Okay!” Naeun says.

The producers look at them trying to tell them they have a schedule to move on to, but they ignore them.
Taemin opens the door for Naeun and they head in happily.

“Here, sit here and I’ll bring the materials for the letter.” Taemin heads off.

Naeun sits at the table in bewilderment. She racks her brain for the words she wants Taemin’s eyes to see in a year. Will they still be in contact? Will he still look at her in that way? Will he finally receive his kiss? She feels her palms start sweating at the thought of her even being so close to his face. She hears his familiar walk behind her and smiles at the sound.
“Hey Naeun. Why are you smiling?” He smiles back.

“Oh? I’m just thinking of what I’m going to write.”
“Really?” Taemin’s smile widens. He decides to be honest in his letter and say all the things he isn’t ready to say out loud yet.

“My dear wife, Naeun
I can’t begin to tell you how appreciative I am for WGM for bringing us together. I remember the first day we met and I knew I liked you straight away. I fell in love with you and I hadn’t even seen your beautiful face yet. Later, I knew I was in trouble when I got to know what a pure, kind, cute girl you are. You’re someone who I feel like I can take care of, and protect-- that’s new for me. I’ve never been comfortable around girls but I feel all my worries go away when you’re around. You make me want to be a better man. A year later with you, I hope I’m a thousand times the man I am because of your kind heart. I hope your bright smile helps me through all the dark times when I’m exhausted, or want to give up, I hope it revives me. I hope you smile as brightly now a year later when I walk into the room, as you do in this present day. I know you love me too, but you haven’t said it yet. I hope you tell me these words every chance you get when you’re reading this. I miss you. I love you too.
--your Husband, now, forever, and always.”


“Taemin Oppa,
The real reason why you saw me smiling when you came back was because I was thinking of your face when you read this letter. I can imagine the big smile you do when your eyes sparkle at me and my heart flutters. I can imagine you looking at me in that serious sort of way that you do, where I can almost see the words you want to say to me on your lips. I can imagine your meaningful heart. I hope I’m this confident with my words with you a year later. I hope and I pray that I still see you as I do often now. I’m thankful to WGM for bringing us together. Without them, we would never have become this friendly with each other. I experienced all my meaningful firsts with you, and it’s beautiful. I’m thankful for you.
PS. All of this has been real. I have always been honest with you. I think I’m falling for you..
--Naeun.”

 

Taemin looks over at Naeun and notices that she’s trying to hide the letter.
‘cute~’ he thinks.

“Look at you trying to hide it from me! I won’t try to peek at it anyway... Oh! What is that over that?” he points away from Naeun.

Naeun curiously looks over at what he’s pointing at and Taemin takes this opportunity to try to steal a glance at the letter. Naeun feels his presence closer to her than usual and turns around and sees him looking at the letter!
“AH!” She snatches the letter back and Taemin laughs at her cute outburst. Naeun notices this and quickly steals his letter in revenge. Taemin’s heart drops and he takes the letter back.

“How can you steal it so cooly like that!?” Taemin asks in amusement.
“I’m curious... I want to know what you think of me.” Naeun says shyly.

“I’m curious too. Let’s do this: pick a line, and we’ll read that line for each other.”
Taemin looks off to the side, and the producers are showing him the time.
“..but only that line. Is that okay?”
“Okay.” Naeun perks up at the idea.
“I’ll go first. Read the last line.” he says hopefully.

Naeun’s heart drops, but she decides to make something up. ‘I’m not ready to say these words out loud yet.’

“Take care, and I’ll always feel thankful.” ‘it’s not a lie, this is the gist of it.’ she smiles at herself.
“That’s one line? Why is it so short?” Taemin gulps. What if she didn’t write something as sentimental as he did? Oh no..
“Okay! my turn!”
Taemin’s heart starts to race.
“Read the 11th line.”
“11th? Okay.” Taemin’s nerves skyrocket. “A year later...” he looks up at Naeun
“This is so cheesy. I’m going crazy. I can’t say this.”

Naeun laughs at his embarrassment. 

“Why~”
“My wife, Naeun, a year later, I hope you show me your bright smile as you do now.” Taemin stops short. He can’t keep reading.
“I picked a good line.” Naeun smiles.

“Okay. My turn again.”
“What? Again??? You already chose!” Naeun panics.
“No. Again. Again.” Taemin pleads with Naeun.
“No that was the end.” Naeun says firmly.
“That was the end?” 
“We were only reading one line!”.
“One more, please?” Taemin says cutely.
“No, I don’t want to.” Naeun laughs.
“Oh please? Please. I regret the line I choose. 12th line please?” Taemin pleads. He looks over to the producers again who are angrily telling them that they are late for their next schedule. Naeun ignores them and focuses on Taemin’s cute demeanor.

“Okay.” Naeun looks for the 12th line and firmly decides she can’t read this out loud, and yet again makes something up.
“No I want to change it.” Taemin deciding to change it because of how at ease she looked when she said okay.

“No.”
“I’m going to change it.”
“You can’t!”
“9th line.”
“Okay.”
“No I’m changing it to the 20th. Or 21st because I’m 21. I need a good one.”
“Fine. I thought about coming up with more to say but when I was going to write it, there was no space to write it.” Naeun smiles slyly at Taemin. Taemin laughs at his own luck.
 

“Okay guys, you’re already two hours behind schedule, we need to get going.”