Impromptu Meeting

my First Love was scripted?

All five of the Shinee members received a text message at the same time, it was from their manager Mino- hyung.

quick meeting today at 3.00. something important to discuss.

Key was the first one to groan.
“I had plans to dye my hair at that time!” he purses his lips.
“It must be important because Mino-hyung never texts us about a meeting with such short notice” notes Minho.
“Well I guess I should get out of bed.” say Taemin as he rubs his eyes.
“Taeminnie you really should stop going out so late with Kai, it wears on your looks,” jokes Minho.
“Don’t worry about Taemin’s looks Flaming Charisma!” exclaimes Jonghyun.
“Key don’t worry about your hair, I think it looks pretty~” says Taemin.
“I know it’s flawless. I just put some pink stripes in it and..” Key jokes.
“Guys, stop fooling around and let’s get ready. You know how Mino-hyung gets when we are late.” says Onew.

All the guys gather in the white van outside of their dorm.
“Hey guys do you think we can stop for a smoothie?” Taemin says excitedly.
“ugh, so expected of a Makane to say something like that.” Jonghyugen rolls his eyes at Taemin as he puts on his sunglasses.
“Hyung, let’s make Taeminnie happy, for all we know this meeting is about him dating Kai.”
Everyone laughs at Minho’s joke.

Not too long ago a popular k-pop gossip site caught pictures of Kai and Taemin during one of their late night hangout sessions, causing a wave of controversy across SM entertainment. Many people stopped Taemin on his way to a recording session to ask him if the rumors were true. Taemin would always say that it wasn’t but he understood why people felt that way. He’s never been spotted with a girl. Taemin of course had a few crushes but he never pursued them. He always thought that if he dated someone publicly it would hurt the fans. He loves his fans and would never want to do anything wrong by them... but still. He did get lonely sometimes. When he would be touring across Asia he would frequently see couples linking arms or wearing matching shirts and the sight of them would always sicken him.

When the guys finally arrive at the conference room at half past 3, Mino hyung is sitting at the head of the table looking at his wristwatch.
“what took you so long?”
“Taemin threw a tantrum about a smoothie” Key replies cooly.
Taemin laughs and shakes his head.
They all bow at Mino-hyung and take their seats.
“Mino-hyung why this sudden meeting?” asks Onew.
“Yeah what are you going to make us do?” Key laughs while looking nervous.
“Well, as you guys have been seeing all over the websites and the media, people think Taemin is dating Kai.”
“See! I told you they were kicking Taemin out of the group!” Minho jokes.
“OH! I told you guys that I wasn’t. I did an interview about it and everything...” Taemin says earnestly with big eyes.
“The pubic will believe what it will.” Jonghyun says as he looks down at his interlaced fingers.
The room goes quiet. Everyone remembers what happened to the last girl Jonghyun was just hanging out with outside of practice. The fans ripped her to shreds, calling her names and ending that relationship before it even started.
“I made the mistake of even looking in her direction for too long and the media took that one second, and drew arrows from my eyes to her direction. She never spoke to me again.”
Everyone nods.
“We need to nip this Kai- Taemin thing in the bud. We need to stop it before it becomes a frenzy we can no longer control.”
“So what’s the plan?” Onew says to finally break the deafening silence.
“Well, we brought all of you guys here to help us make Taemin agree to it.”
“Eh? What do you mean ‘agree to it’?” Taemin finally speaks up.
“Shh Taeminnie, let’s just listen to the plan first.” Minho puts his hand on Taemin’s shoulder.
“We were approached by ‘We Got Married’...”
“WE GOT MARRIED?” Taemin stands up.
The group exchanges glances.
“You guys do know that Taeminnie hasn’t even kissed a girl, right?” Key states bluntly.
“Exactly. ‘We Got Married’s’ producers are creating his first love.” Mino-hyung says.
“But. But. I’ve I...” Taemin sputters.
“Hold on Taemin, let me finish. The producers will be there step by step, feeding you lines, they will create scenarios for you, they will tell you how to look at her, everything! You don’t have to actually like her, you just have to seem like you do!”
“Taemin, this sounds like a great idea! It’s a win-win.” Jonghyun says with a sly smile.
“What do you mean by win-win?” Key says to Jonghyun with a raised brow.
“It’ll bring us more publicly for our new album, and it’ll deny any Kai dating rumors!”
“Makane, it actually goes sound like a good idea” Minho says gently.
Taemin sits at the table in disbelief. Giving up his “first love” to a tv show? Not just any tv show but a show with millions of viewers??? Having his first skinship on tv? Wait.. skinship? Skinship with a girl? He gulps. Suddenly hot, he takes a sip of his smoothie.
“Right Makane?” Minho says.
“Wait what?” he snaps out of his skinship daydream.
“I said you’re a great actor. You can pull this off.”
“I.. I don’t know. I don’t really have any experience...”
“Oh come on! You MUST have some experience.” Key exclaims.
“...well maybe in Elementary...” Taemin says shyly.
“I think you guys picked the wrong person. I’ll do it!” Key stands up excitedly.
“Key, maybe next time we’ll do it for you, but we must think about the company’s image. Imagine how this Kai thing effects the fans. They must be confused. If you’re not going to do it for your own image Taemin, at least do it for the fans.” Mino-hyung says.
The memebers look expectedly at Taemin.
“For the fans... I’ll do it.”
“There you go! Maknae, Fighting!” Minho says.