...maybe later on you will be the one to make me cry

my First Love was scripted?

 

“Ahem.” a producer says interrupting the moment between the two.
“Sorry.” Taemin smiles and looks down.
“We should take a look at the rest of the house.” Naeun adds.

Taemin agreeds. He heads up the stairs and opens the nearest door to find the bedroom. Naeun starts nervously twirling her hair behind him, trying to cool off from the moment they just shared.

“What is this? Is that a bed?! How can it be so small...?” Taemin says. He moves back and forth in the room, trying to contain his nervous laughter. He decides to break the nervous tension by laying on the bed.

“I’ll lay on it first.” he bursts out in laughter. He knows the producers gave them a small bed because of their inexperience. He looks over and sees them stifling their laughter. Ah. They want them to open up to each other.
“Okay guys, we have both the suitcases you brought to the house, just go through all the things you brought for the show.”

Naeun unveils a series of toys, snacks, and a stuffed bear that is precious to her. Taemin looks through one of the books Naeun brought and finds a note to himself from one of A-pink’s members.
“Ah? They wrote you a message?” Naeun says nervously. The members know her better than anyone else, the things they could tell Taemin worry her...
“This is great!” Taemin says with his eyes sparkling.

“Taemin- although it is worrying to you that Naeun does not express her feelings well, Naeun always follows her heart, to the core. Although she doesn’t show her feelings, she is a person who believes in a true and pure love. Don’t forget that Taemin.”- Eunji-ssi.

Taemin is taken aback. Eunji reiterated everything he thought. So Naeun does feel things for him even if she doesn’t express it too well. He can’t hide his smile.
“I’m really touched.” Naeun says. She silently says a thank you to her best friend. She wrote what Naeun hasn’t had the courage to say.
“Really? I’m grateful for it too.”

Naeun reveals the gift that accompanies Eunji’s gift. It’s a deep fryer and a cookbook because Naeun doesn’t know how to cook a single thing. They look through the cookbook together and Taemin points out a short-rib dish that he enjoys.
“Oh! I love galbijjim.”

“Let’s make it next time.” Naeun says.
“Really?”

Naeun nods. She promises herself that she will learn how to make this dish for her husband.
Taemin looks through his suitcase and gives Naeun a baby picture of himself.

“Who is this?” Naeun laughs
“It’s me when I was little. Here, I’ll show you all my baby pictures.”

Naeun studies the next picture and notices that his lips are the same.
“Oh so cute! You look exactly the same.”

“Really?” Taemin smiles. Does that mean she’s calling him cute now too?
“You can keep any picture you want.”
“Really?” This makes Naeun smile.
“I brought a lot of movies with me.” Taemin says.
“Let me see.” Naeun says curiously. As she looks through the movies, she notices they’re all sad romance films. Her favorite kind of movie.

“Why did you bring these?” she asks.
“I don’t know... I just felt like I should watch these and enjoy them with you.”
“But these kind of movies always make me cry. Do they make you cry?”
“You know.. I don’t really cry that often.”
“Really?” Naeun is shocked. By his beautiful and gentle demeanor, she did not expect this.
“Yeah. I don’t think I’ve cried since I first debuted.”
“Really?... Wow.”
“Yeah, out of all my members, I definitely have cried the least. But.. maybe later on you will be the one to make me cry.”
“But you express yourself so well to me...”
“Yeah to you I do. To everyone else, I don’t. I’m comfortable with you.”
“I was surprised when you started expressing yourself to me.”
“I’m comfortable around you. You’re a cheerful person, and that makes me trust you. I want to be honest for you. I want to try my best for you.”

Naeun is surprised to hear this. She’s not typically a cheerful person. She’s actually a cautious person. Cautious with her feelings, and her heart. But to Taemin she seems like a cheerful person. ‘I’m only happy because he makes me happy.’ she realizes. ‘what did he mean by, ‘maybe one day you’ll make me cry’ does that mean i’m a bad person?‘
Taemin pats himself on the back for finding a way to hint to her that he’s interested in her.
“Okay guys. That’s a wrap for today. We’ll see you again in a week.”
Naeun decides to hang around for the first time a little bit after the ending of filming. She sits down in their lounge and hopes Taemin will pass by.

“Did Taemin leave already?”
“Yeah, he said something about another filming for a show.”
Naeun disappointedly leaves the set and heads for her dorm.