Play for me

my First Love was scripted?

Naeun watched the second episode of WGM with her members and found herself shocked at how not interested in Taemin she looked. He was good looking, and funny, and charming and yet none of this showed through in the episode. She looked at her own image on the screen and was disappointed. Was this what Taemin saw when they were together? She went into this show thinking that it was 100% scripted and would be like any other role she’s done but it turned out to be nothing like that. The producers just told her where they were going and what they were going to do but nothing was scripted. Taemin was very sweet to her during the filming and made her laugh a lot, but was it real? She was determined to not fall for him for real so she would quickly leave after every single filming, but she felt him lingering around during the end of the day to maybe talk to her more? And if he was.. how did that make her feel? Naeun has always been very protective of her heart because she wants a true love. A deep love, that makes her smile and laugh, and have butterflies all at the same time. She can’t have that on national television. She can’t just give up the walls around her heart because Taemin says all the right things. ....but still. His words do seem genuine. While watching the episode she remembers what he said about the look of his lips, and finds herself touching her own. Until she’s sorted out her feelings, she won’t say a word to anyone. 

Naeun finds herself ticking off the days on the calendar leading up to the next filming. What would Taemin wear? What would they do? Would they do more couple-like activites? She touches her phone case and smiles at the memory of Myungdong. 

Naeun arrives to the filming location 10 minutes later than usual because she changes outfits a few times. She’s nervous. Her hair was flat, nothing fit right, and her make up didn’t set well. Why was she so nervous? Was it because she saw herself through the public and Taemin’s eyes and didn’t like the image she saw? Is it because of the fan’s comments from the last time she was with him? Was it because of Taemin himself? She pushes that thought aside.
“I can’t start having feeling for him.” she reminds herself.

“Okay Naeun, Taemin will drive up in a few minutes, he’s running a bit late.”
Naeun smiles. They have matching phone cases, and have matching patterns. 
“You guys are going to drive for about an hour to your house.”

Naeun suddenly becomes more nervous. Alone again in a car. And for an hour! The pressure of this situation is almost to much for her, when she hears a car pull up.

“ahhh.” she says to herself. She silently promises to herself that she won’t look at him straight in the eye. If she looks at him directly in the face, she’ll lose her nerve.. he’s just too handsome. She hears a car door slam, and turns around.

 

Taemin smiles. He’s excited to see Naeun again after such a long time. ‘well..’ he thinks to himself ‘it only felt like a long time.’ He gets out of his car and starts walking toward Naeun.

“Naeun. Hi. It’s been a while.”
“Yes. It has.”
“Can I get your bag for you?” he smiles.
“oh. Yeah sure.” she smiles back.

Taemin takes her bag with one arm and puts it in the trunk of the car, trying to show off his manly side. He prays that Naeun was watching him. 

“I’m sorry I was late... I was filming a few other shows this week and--”
“Taemin, sorry. Not to cut you off, but we are really running behind schedule.” the producer says.
“Ah. Really. Okay let’s go then.”

They both get into the car and start driving. There’s a long pause and Taemin decides to finally say what’s bothering him.

“Why... Why haven’t you asked me about my hair?” Taemin laughs.

Naeun looks down. Whoops. Of course she noticed, but she didn’t want to say anything... That’s something a girlfriend would say, right?

“Oh yeah!”
“What do you mean ‘Oh yeah’??!”
“No. I..I noticed when you got out of the car, I was like ‘oh his hair looks different.’”
“Why didn’t you say anything?”
“I don’t know...” she decides to take of focus off herself
“why did you change it?”
“I wanted to look good for you.” he smiles.

Naeun gets embarrassed. She missed a good opportunity to express herself. She realized as soon as she saw him that he changed his hair color. And she liked it. She just didn’t know how to say “hey you look cuter than usual.” She was full of regret.

They arrive to the newlywed house an hour later and Naeun becomes nervous again. They both step into the house and find that it is a replica of their first date on Jeju Island.  They settle in and Taemin takes out his phone to set the ambiance for the moment and Naeun notices that he still has his couple case on. This makes her smile.
“Shall I go and sit next to you?” Taemin asks.
Before Naeun has a chance to respond, Taemin plops down next to her. This closeness makes both of them nervous. Taemin can’t hide his smile. He can smell her perfume at this proximity. He missed it. Or.. he missed her... and the way she looks down when she gets nervous.
“OH! You wore them!” Naeun exclaims.

“Yeah I told you I would wear them.”
“But you wore them the wrong way.” They burst into laughter on the ludicrousness of the matching socks.
“I did it on purpose!” He says through the laughter.
“Sure.” she says. 
“Oh there’s a piano.” Taemin says trying to recover from the embarrassment. He quickly heads toward the piano and feels Naeun’s eyes trailing him.
“Ah. Why am i so nervous.” he hesitates.

This makes Naeun smile. ‘He’s being so cute.’ she thinks.
Taemin starts playing a beautiful melody, his fingers moving effortlessly, and his expression immediately changing into concentration. This makes Naeun’s heart flutter. She feels falling for Taemin in the moment. Taemin starts feeling Naeun’s romantic aura. 

“Come over here.” he taps the bench.

Naeun’s heart skips a beat. Being so close to him while feeling like this? She’s in trouble. She sits next to him.
“Play for me.” he says.

Naeun’s hands suddenly start to shake, feeling his eyes on her hands. ‘This feels.. romantic.’ she thinks. She plays a simple melody for him, the only thing that she thinks she can play while feeling this nervous. She feels his concentration beside her.

“Play it again.” he says.
“Why?” her voice wavering.
“So we can play together.” he says in a manly way.

Her heart skips another beat and she starts the melody again. She hears him adding the accompanying cords immediately, and is shocked at how he is doing this by ear. Although he makes a few mistakes, her heart is pounding harder than ever.
Taemin stops playing.

“Hold on. It’s hard to do this way. Can you play it again for me? I need a pen and a paper.”

Naeun starts playing again and Taemin writes down the accompanying notes on a piece of paper. His heart pounding. He wants to impress her. 

With that sorted, he places the paper on the piano like sheet music and they start playing the piano together, both of their hearts pounding, and both of them falling for each other.