Myungdong

my First Love was scripted?

When Taemin arrives at the location, she is sitting there facing away from him reminiscent of the first time they met. He sees her long dark hair and immediately smiles. Should I greet her the same way I greeted her the first time? He thinks to himself. He quietly steps behind her and laughs. They both start laughing.
 

“How are you?” Taemin asks with a smile.
“Me....? I’m.........................fine.”

“I’m fine too.”

The environment suddenly becomes awkward. Taemin decides to bring up another awkward topic.
“Did you see the first episode?” he asks.
“I did.” she says smiling at him.
“I saw it with my members and they laughed at me the entire time.” he says proudly.

She laughs at his expense.

“They were laughing at how thick my lips were. They were like ‘why are they like that’?” he starts laughing too.
“They also asked me if I like you too much because my eyes were smiling the entire time.” He smiles.

This confession makes Naeun shy.
 

“But what they really teased me about was that I said in the interview that I had no experience with dating, and immediately after they show a clip of you saying you didn’t believe me! The hyungs loved that.” Taemin laughs.
“But I was being truthful.” Naeun challenges.
“Ah. Really?” Taemin hides his face jokingly.
“Then I’ll make you believe me.” He says. He decides to touch her hand on the table but in a split-second he backs out of it and touches the candle of at the center of the table. Naeun’s heart skips a beat again. She thought he was going to touch her. Ah.
 

“Did you read the comments on the episode?” Taemin asks on a heavier note.
“I did...” Naeun says quietly.
“How were they?” Taemin asks but already knows the answer.
“They were okay.” Naeun says modestly.

In reality, Naeun spent of lot of her night reading fan’s nasty comments about her. How she didn’t deserve to date Taemin, she wasn’t pretty enough, or nice enough, or pure enough to be married to him. They really hurt her feelings. That’s why she was nervous again on this date. She started to believe their comments. Taemin read the mean comments too and hoped that Naeun didn’t read any of them. But he knew by how her face dropped when he brought the subject up, that she read them.
In a sudden change of pace, Naeun excuses herself from the table. 

Time passes and Taemin grows restless. He just wants to see her again. When she comes back in their junior high school uniform, he suddenly remembers who she was. He’s seen her before while having lunch with her friends. He always thought she was cute.

“Wow. That fits you really well.” Taemin notes.

Naeun gets up from the table.

“You look really cute.” Taemin says with all of his courage.
Naeun doesn’t hear this and hands him a bag with his school uniform. Taemin changes and they head to the next filming location.

“Okay guys. We want you to reminisce of the school days. Walk through the school and talk about your memories here.”

For the next hour and a half the pair walk around their old school in matching uniforms and talk about simpler times. They talk about times Naeun has seen him around in school, and decide to find out whether they were in the same class. They head to the office and find out they were in the same class all along. Naeun of course already knew this, since she admired Taemin from afar during that time. They take their seats in the empty class room and talk to each other from their close desks.

“Were you very popular in school?” Naeun asks.
“Me? Once there was a kid from another school who was wearing our school uniform and I decided to start talking to her. A teacher saw and I thought I was in trouble but the teacher said I was good at making friends so I went home with her. Her name was Venus.”
“Really?” Naeun splutters out.
“It’s just a memory..” Taemin says laughing.
“Was she pretty? This Venus?” Naeun says jealously.
“She was just my friend.” Taemin says while looking in her eyes.

--------------------------------------
“Okay guys off to the next filming location. Myungdong.”

Naeun and Taemin get on a bus with the crew on one side and they sit all the way in the back. At first they sit at separate seats facing each other but the producers tell them to sit in one seat together.

“So we’re going to Myungdong?” Naeun asks

“Yeah it was my idea. I wanted to take you somewhere where I could show you off in public. It’s hard to be an idol and be in a public relationship, it become a dream of mine so I decided to take you somewhere public.” Taemin smiles at her.
“I like that idea.” Naeun smiles back.

They shortly afterward get off the bus.

“I like walking with you in public like this.” He smiles happily.
“It feels strange.” she notes.

Very shortly after saying this, they get mobbed by crowds. Fans shouting Taemin’s name, making it hard to walk comfortably. Despite this, Taemin says
“I’m so excited to walk like this with you!” his eyes smiling.

Naeun wonders if he really means this. They have barely any walking space, but as she looks up at him happily eating his egg bread, she can tell he’s really having fun. They buy matching hats together, even more snacks but as time goes on, it becomes ridiculously crowded in Myungdong. Naeun takes a bite out of her eggbread without looking up and Taemin grabs her arm to stop her from crashing into people. She appreciates this and smiles at him. Soon the hate comments come in. People from the crowd start calling her fat, and ugly, and echoing the comments of the people online. 

“I’m sorry about this.” Taemin whispers in her ear.
He leads her into a shop that is closed off to the public for them and tries to lift her spirits.

“There’s cell phone cases in here.” he says.
She nods uncommitedly. 
“Oh wow! Do you like that case?” he points to a big blue case in the shape of a bow-tie with poka dots on. 
She bursts out in laughter.
“Yeah let’s get matching cases.” He takes a blue one and hands her a yellow one.
“Okay. Are we really going to buy these?”
“Of course! I’ll buy them.”

Wow, Naeun thinks.

“This is my first time having matching things as a couple.” She says shyly.
“Me too! And I used to hate this kind of thing.” he says while laughing.
“What?”
“Yeah because I guess I was jealous of the happy couples.” he confesses.

They head toward a photo booth and Taemin automatically gets the idea to put his arm around her. This makes him nervous but so far he’s done really well in not embarassing himself so he decides to go for it. He goes to put his arm around her for the picture and he can feel his arm shaking when he puts it around her shoulders. He doesn’t touch her shoulders, but just awkwardly hovers above them. Naeun feels butterflies at their first skinship. She’s really developing feelings for him.
“Hey do you take Selcas often?”

“I do.” she laughs.
“I saw one of you in a practice room..” he starts
“Wait. You looked my name up on the internet?” she asks.
“I...did.” Taemin blushes. 
“You didn’t look up my name?” Taemin counters.
“I don’t know.” Naeun smiles.
Taemin smiles at her cuteness.

They spend the rest of their date smiling and laughing together.
“I like hanging out with you. You laugh at my jokes, the other hyungs tell me i’m not funny all the time.” Taemin jokes.
“You’re funny!” Naeun smiles.
“Have you always laughed this much?” he asks.
“I have.”
Taemin deflates in disapointment.
“Ah, I see. I just thought you found only me funny. I guess I’m not funny.” 
“Then... should I not laugh in front of other people?” she asks while looking down.
“Should I only laugh when you’re present, Oppa?” she asks.
Taemin almost spits out his drink at this sudden bold statement from Naeun. He becomes embarrassed at her calling him Oppa.
They both laugh at him almost choking. 
“I...no.. but... I feel like you should laugh when you want to but I..”
“So I’ll keep laughing in other places.” she teases.
“But don’t laugh too brightly in front of other people.” he says while looking at her.
They both blush.

“So who was your first unrequited love?” he asks.
“Mine? It was a bad boy.” she smiles.
“A bad boy? So you find bad boys charming?” he asks with a smile but his ego deflates.
“I do.”
“Ah. Eat the meal by yourself.” he says in fake anger.
“What? No I don’t want to. I do find bad boys charming but...”
Taemin hangs on to every word, 
“I don’t think they’re made for me.”
“Not made for you? Who is made for you?” 
They both start laughing. This makes Taemin brave again.
“I think a lot about you now these days. I thought this was just a show but I’m really developing feelings for you.” He confesses.
“But now that I’ve told you that... do you think of me?”
“I...do.” She says shyly.
“Oh really. How much?”
“I don’t know.”
“You must have thought about me a little?”
“Mmm..” she says
“You must miss me.” He says projecting his on feelings onto her.
“If you keep looking at me like that...”
“What....?” he says looking at her more intently.
“I’ll get more embarrassed...” she says while looking down.
“Okay I got it.” He smiles.

“And that’s all for today guys!” the producers say breaking up the moment. Taemin suddenly doesn’t want to part, even though he will see her again in a week, it will be a long week indeed. He suddenly wanted her phone number. But he was too shy to ask, and by the time he get the courage, she had already left.