Call me, yeah?

my First Love was scripted?

“There I told you! Now hurry up and tell me what you’ve heard!” Naeun pouts.
“I was just messing with you.” Taemin’s heart beats quicker at the sight of Naeun’s pout and knowing that she likes him too.
“What? ..oh.” Naeun becomes embarrassed at her announcement of her feelings.
“I like you too.” Taemin says quickly.
The pair start laughing at the relief of finally confessing their feelings. 
“Finally! I told her! Waaa! Home run!” Taemin cheers. Naeun laughs at the sight of Taemin’s excitment. 

 

“Shall we watch the movie now?” Taemin suggests.
“Okay.” Naeun shyly answers.

Taemin stands up, feeling a lot lighter and turns off the lights in the house. He starts the movie and finds himself staring at her. Now that he knows that she likes him back, she’s become much more beautiful to him now. He notices the way she bites her lips, the gentle way she tosses her hair, the way she grasps her neck when she’s feeling shy. He does that too. 

Naeun feels Taemin’s eyes boring into her. The fact that likes her back makes her feel more at ease. She thinks it’s cute that he can’t take his eyes of her. She is paying more attention to him than the move.

“Ah! That scene passed already.” Naeun says regrettably. 
“What scene?” Taemin asks gently.
“When he does the cool trick with the apple.” Naeun says with sparkling eyes.
“What? Let’s rewind it.” Taemin says quickly.

On the screen Edward Cullen swiftly kicks up an apple and it cooly lands on his hands.

“I can do that too! That’s no big deal.” Taemin says aloof.

Naeun laughs at the thought of this.

“I’m going to go get an apple. I’ll show you.” Taemin says determined. 

He comes back with a grapefruit.

“This is close enough. Watch. Try dropping it.”

Naeun stands up and drops the grapefruit, Taemin kicks it up and hits himself square in the face. They both crack up in laughter.

“I’m better than that guy right? I’m cooler than him?” Taemin says in between laughter.
“Yeah but he can read minds.” Naeun jokes.
“I can read your mind.”
“Oh really? Okay so what am I thinking about right now?” Naeun asks.
“You? You’re thinking about me, aren’t you?” Taemin says smoothly.

Naeun blushes.

The movie arrives at a kissing scene and the two cringe out.

“You can’t see things like this!” Taemin covers Naeun’s face with a pillow.
“Why?????”

Naeun hides behind her hair, and Taemin peeks through one of his pillows to watch the scene. 

After a bit of awkward silence Taemin decides to ask the question that has been lingering in his head for weeks.

“Have you ever kissed a guy?”
“.....Yes.” Naeun answers honestly.
“You.. you have?”
“Yes.”
“That...that guy?”
“Yes. But there’s another one.” Naeun hides her smile, and they turn to face each other.
“There’s another one?” Taemin asks loudly.
“Yes. In that drama... and for a music video...”
“For a music video?”
“Yes, but it got cut. It didn’t make the video. That was my first kiss, and it got cut! Why did I have to do it in the first place...” Naeun says quietly.

Taemin’s at a loss for words. His mind starts going crazy, thinking about the guys she’s kissed. First the Jonhyun thing..now this...?

“Ah! And I’ve kissed someone on the cheek before too. I guess there’s a lot of instances.” Naeun adds.

Taemin feels the flames of jealously burning him in the inside. There’s a long awkward silence between the two.

“So. That music video kiss.. who was it with?” Taemin asks trying to keep a smile on his face.
“One was with the actor. And the other was with B2T’s Yung Junhyung-oppa.”
“Yung Junhyung? Wow. Well. You’ve kissed a lot. Good job, Naeun. Good job. How many takes?” Taemin asks not really wanting to know the answer, but still feeling compelled to ask.
“Takes? Oh a lot.” 
“A lot? Wow. Well good job Naeun. Good job.” He says as he takes a sip of water, trying to extinguish the flames in his body. 

Taemin decides to mess with Naeun since she very clearly is enjoying his torment. He leans in closer to her.

“What are you doing?” she giggles.
“Well they told us that for our upcoming photo shoot that we have to be comfortable being close to each other and maintaining eye contact so I figure we should practice.”
“You’re right.”
“Okay so you stay there, and i’ll go to you.”
“Okay.” Naeun covers her face in embarrassment and partial fear that he will try to kiss her.

As Taemin slowly leans into her, Naeun can’t help back away.

“What’s that! That’s barely close at all.”
“I know! What do we do?” Naeun giggles.
“We can do this! We are professionals.”
“Right! Professionals.” As Naeun says this, Taemin leaps forward and is face-to-face with her. 

She can’t contain her girlish giggle.

“Wait. Stay still for a second. Let me do this.” Taemin slowly leans in closer and closer to Naeun as she sits there in bewilderment.

Both of their heart pounding harder than ever.

This sudden closeness makes Taemin brave. He remembers his and Kai’s conversation. She confirmed that she likes him too, so now he just has to give her the polaroid... He suddenly gets hot again, the nerves creeping up.

“Ah it’s hot in here.” Naeun says, fanning herself with the DVD.
“Ah it really is.” Taemin says casually. Welp. It’s now or never, he thinks. He reaches into his pocket and hides the polaroid behind a pillow. He looks at her cute face and extends his hand to give her the polaroid.
“What’s this?” Naeun looks down at his hand and sees a picture of Taemin.
“A present.” Taemin says in a new husky, y, delicious voice (a/n: lol).

Naeun takes the picture and smiles.

“What is this?” 
“Do you want it?” Taemin asks in that same husky, y, delicious voice.
“Yes. When did you take this picture?” Naeun asks while looking down, trying to hide her blush.
“During our last music show, I was in the waiting room and I suddenly thought of you, so I took a picture for you to have.” 
“You took it for me?” Naeun asks, the butterflies reemerging. 
“Yeah. Seriously. I think about you all the time.” This statement, along with Taemin’s manly voice, makes Naeun giggle and blush at the same time. She hides her face behind the polaroid.
“Look at it carefully. Is there anything different?” Taemin asks eagerly.
“What?”
“There’s nothing special about it?” Taemin pushes.

Naeun studies the polaroid even more carefully, squinting at it, comparing it to IRL Taemin, but finds nothing. Meanwhile Taemin squirms more and more in his seat, waiting for her to figure it out. 

“What is different?” Naeun asks when she finally flips the polaroid around.

She notices the message he wrote for her and the phone number.

“AH!” she says happily as she playfully hits his leg.

They both laugh in pure happiness. 

“Oh! Wow.”
“Call me, yeah?” Taemin says in his husky voice. 

Naeun starts fanning herself with the polaroid.

“Naeun, I’ve always wanted to quickly ask you for your phone number but I.. didn’t have enough nerve. So I thought how could I give you my phone number in a cool way, that is also natural and make you want to call me? So I thought of this.”
“When? Since when?”
“Always. Always before we part ways after filming.” y Taemin says.

The two just sit and smile at each other.

“I will wait for you to call me.” Taemin smiles his dazzling smile.
“Okay.” Naeun says while still fanning herself.
“When I’m lying down in my dorm after a long day, I will be lying awake with my phone next to me waiting for my phone to ring.” Taemin adds.

Naeun’s feels herself floating up, up, up from the butterflies in her stomach, never wanting to come back down.