Fifteen

Dear Jiyeon,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

FIFTEEN

 

 

 

Author’s POV

Jiyeon came down her room when she heard Joon’s laugh that night. As she walked down the stairs, Wang was running down as well. It looked as happy as Jiyeon as it ran around. Taehyung caught Wang and put it on his lap. Jiyeon smiled as she saw the boys were in the living room. Taehyung and Jungkook are playing with Wang, while Joon are having a bright conversation with Myungsoo. Although she’s smiling looking at her friends, there’s still emptiness in that smile.

I would like it better if everyone is here, like our old times.

She saw the two guys are sweetly smiling to see her approaching. Jiyeon felt glad that Joon is doing great right now with his career, and Myungsoo is enjoying his job as well. She certainly sure that Krystal is happy with her celebrity life, and Chunji is loving his writer profession. What about Sehun? Well, no one knows. What am I doing with my life then? Jiyeon thought. She did her best to please everyone, but she couldn’t even do anything for herself. She squeezed her body in between the two oppas and linked her arms with both of them.

“Thanks for being here with me up until now.” Jiyeon expressed.

“We will never leave you. You know that.” Joon replied.

“Noona! How dare you?! I’ve been by your side for 22 years of my life yet you never thanked me for that.” Taehyung suddenly nagged while pouting.

“Yeah thanks for being weird and making me suffered my school years meeting the discipline teacher because of your naughtiness.” Jiyeon ironically thanked, but Taehyung’s reaction was as ironic too.

“And you’re welcome noona. I’ll make sure you will have to face the college’s dean too later on.”

“Yaa Taehyung!”

“I love you too noona~”

Jiyeon only rolled her eyes and finally gave up. Jungkook, Joon, and Myungsoo just laughed to see these cute siblings. At one point, they seemed like the sweetest and closest siblings ever existed, but at another point, they’re fighting like cats and dogs.

“Oh! I baked some cheese rolls for Taehyung just now. There’s still some in the kitchen. Should I preheat it for you guys?” Jiyeon asked.

“I want some!” Jungkook said cutely stretching up his arms so Jiyeon would notice.

“Us too!” Myungsoo and Joon said in unison.

“Okay! I’ll bring it for Kookie and two uncles here.”

“Hahahaha uncle!!!” Taehyung cracked up as well as Jungkook.

 

Jiyeon chuckled as Joon and Myungsoo started strangling Jungkook and Taehyung for laughing at them. She shook her head before heading to the kitchen. She put the cheese rolls inside the microwave and slowly humming to a song. It has been long since she last singing. Every time she’s reminiscing their blissful old times, she’d unknowingly smile.

“Hmm, where’s the cider I bought this evening?” Jiyeon muttered to herself, “Ah! I left it outside. I forgot.”

She walked into the living room and saw the boys are watching TV while busy fanboying over something. Probably some y girl groups. Especially fanboys Taehyung and Jungkook who really love girl idols. They’re too immersed in watching TV to notice Jiyeon passed by them and exited the front door. She found the plastic bag with a bottle of black soda and cider she placed on the shoe rack. She took it and on her way back into the house when she heard a light step outside the gate.

Who’s there? Jiyeon thought.

“Woof! Woof!”

Wang? But I’m certain that Taehyung held it just now. It can’t be. She carefully walked closer to the gate and her heart is beating faster. Of course, who wouldn’t scare? She stopped when she heard a guy’s voice mumbled something. She noticed a shadow moving outside the gate. She slightly gasped. Suddenly, something moving approaching making Jiyeon almost screamed, but Wang ran in through the gate making Jiyeon sighed in relief.

“Wangie! It’s you!” Jiyeon said while carrying Wang onto her arms.

However, Jiyeon flinched when she heard someone’s running away. She managed to catch a glimpse of that someone running away and disappeared in the dark. Then, her hand touched something on Wang, and there’s a paper slipped under Wang’s buckle collar. But it’s not just a paper, it’s the pink envelope. Ridiculous! That’s what in Jiyeon’s mind to think that the letter came together with Wang.

“Wang, are you a post-dog or what? You send letter too?” Jiyeon jokingly poked Wang’s nose.

“Jiyeon? You there?” Jiyeon flustered once she heard Myungsoo’s voice. She quickly inserted the letter into her sweatpants’ pocket before Myungsoo could see.

“Yes oppa. Can you carry this for me?” Jiyeon handed Myungsoo the plastic bag while she carried Wang.

“Sure.”

Jiyeon walked back in and let go of Wang before she called Taehyung, “Tae! How come Wang was outside? I thought you played with it just now.”

“She’s struggling to run away from my arms, so I thought it needed to poop so I put it outside for a while. Why?” Taehyung replied.

“Nothing.”

 

Jiyeon walked back to the kitchen, still thinking about the mumbling voice and the glimpse she saw outside just now. She took out the cheese rolls from the microwave and arranged it on a plate. While she’s preparing the drink, she heard someone rang the bell, and soon after the door clicked open. She was about to go and check who’s coming when a loud manly screams hit her eardrums.

“Wargghhh!!!!”

“Huh? The guys sounded freaking out.” Jiyeon muttered to herself before running to the common room, but her reaction is the same as Joon and Myung’s reaction, “Arrgghhh!!!” She screamed while cutely running towards the group in front of her.

“Arrghhh Jiyeonnnnn ma loveee!!!!” The voice she’s been missing for years shouted back. The guy spread his arms and within two seconds Jiyeon was already in his embrace.

“Chunji you’re here!” Jiyeon happily said while tightly hugging him.

“Omo!” Chunji exclaimed once he broke the hug because he saw tears running down Jiyeon’s cheeks, “Why are you crying?”

“I’m too happy. I can’t express it but I’m soo happy. How do I put this? I’m just happy, excited, and all. Too happy you’re finally here.” Jiyeon startled babbling while wiping away her tears. Joon and Myungsoo at the side only chuckled to see Jiyeon’s cute reaction.

“I’m happy too, but then… I smell something delicious. Is this the scent of happiness because I came back?” Chunji stated before laughing, but Jiyeon suddenly cried again.

“Jiyeonnie why?!” Everyone asked and they really sounded concern.

“—I haven’t heard that laugh for so long. It’s just touching to hear it again. And pabo Chunji, you probably smelt the cheese rolls I preheat, that’s the scent of happiness.” Jiyeon answered while crying and at the same time laughing.

“Ah really? My bad. But hat do I do about this cute squishy little thing?” Chunji said and wiped out the tears with his palm, “I feel like kissing her.”

“Eh—heh don’t you dare!” Myungsoo grabbed Chunji’s back collar and pulled him away from Jiyeon.

“I love it…” Jiyeon suddenly said.

“Hm, what is it Jiyeon?”

“I love seeing we all joked around like this. If only Sehun and Krystal are here too…” Jiyeon’s face dropped, “—it’d be perfect.”

“Don’t worry! I promise you we’ll meet them soon. I hate to see Jiyeon sad so I’ll do everything for the sake of your happiness.” Chunji said with a bright smile.

“I’ll kill you if you broke the promise.” Jiyeon threatened, making they all laughed. The atmosphere once again turned bright, and they spent the night with Chunji, talking about random things.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

Jiyeon lied down the bed and pulled the blanket over her body. She wanted to sleep, but she didn’t feel that sleepy just yet. Suddenly, she felt something on her thigh and that’s when she realized she put the letter in her pocket before. She forgot about it because she enjoyed the time with Chunji so much just now. She saw letter E on the envelope but she basically doesn’t even care about the characters anymore. She read what’s written on the paper while frowning.

 

 

Dear Jiyeon,

I wanted to hate you, but I just can’t.

Why did you do this to me?

 

 

“Is he crazy? Before, he called me heartless and now he blamed me when he can’t hate me. But then… why?” Jiyeon said before putting the letter back into the envelope.

 

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV

I saw Joon oppa and Myungsoo oppa were waving at me from a far. I was having a talk with my new colleagues when Joonie oppa called and told me they’re waiting outside the building. It’s not even dinner time yet, what were they planning to do at this time? But it’s okay! As long as I’m able to spend time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter