RIP dubu

Seo Scarlett
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ FNC ~ yonghwa's POV

i took a deep breath as i went back into the studio , once i passed through the door my heavy heart restricted my movements further so i stood in a corner soulless and confused ! 

dubu died .. was enough to mess up my whole emotions and i couldn't believe it somehow , but how broken seohyun sounded reflected that it was the truth indeed .. there's something deadly sad and truly suffocating about losing a very precious family member that evoked our parental feelings , when i first got dubu it was just a pet to get our relationship steadier and stronger , to remind seohyun of me whenever she's at home ..
however i never thought dubu would turn us from a mere lovers into a family .. it connected us deeper than most other words or things we have done together .. 

seohyun cared and loved uri dubu more than anything else , dubu was her happiness booster , security and her ultimate understanding friend relieving her stress and loneliness on her most busy days .. it was the thing in her life that allowed her to be herself comfortably without caring about her idol image .. 

whenever i opened any home door and saw dubu rushing to greet me , i knew that seohyun should be there too so my heart would dance with happiness at that moment and i would pour all my celebration feels with dubu at the door step .. 

she was like a daughter who got us deeply concerned about how to take care of her , as a joke or for real - there was something always pushing us to mention dubu in our daily calls .. simply we really cared for her and seohyun really got attached to her 

" hyung !! " jungshin shouted and i looked at him abruptly ! why the hell is he shouting ! 

i frowned at jungshin annoyed but he signaled for me to give attention to CEO han 

i looked at CEO han , and he talked " i was asking .. so what's the next song you've prepared for us ? "

i totally forgot about the CEO being here listening to my demo songs , i gulped my nervousness as i lied " that was all , the other songs need a little editing " 

" i thought you said you prepared them all earlier ! " CEO han said raising a brow at me unconvinced 

" that was .... " i thought quickly of some excuse , i promised seohyun i would come right away so i'm trying to end this meeting somehow 

" maybe he was talking about my songs ! i did record my songs too " jonghyun said helping me out 

" would you like to listen to them now sajangnim ! since you are here already " jonghyun asked and CEO han narrowed his eyes trying to reveal the truth

" ok , go on " the CEO gave his approval and jonghyun went to the main desk to play the song , while i was still standing there waiting for the perfect moment to escape 

i got deadly nervous as i thought of some excuse to escape this meeting , my gestures exposed my uneasiness , praying i could be saved somehow

" hyung ! " jungshin called for me and i glanced him 

he continued casually " did omonii arrive in seoul already ? didn't you say earlier she was on her way " 

i narrowed my eyes at jungshin and moved my head to the side confused " yeah .. " however it was my only chance to get away with it 

" aren't you going to welcome her ? " jungshin exaggerated a shout acting confused and i was already playing his game 

" well i want to , but since we are having a meeting and all it's hard to leave " i explained in agony my attention on jungshin 

CEO han joined " you already listened to jonghyun's recorded songs , right ? " 

i nodded " and they're really good " 

" well , you can leave for now if you wish " CEO han said and shifted his attention to jonghyun working on the main desk 

" thanks !! sajangnim " i bowed several times contented before i rush outside the studio 

i ran towards my car and went to seohyun's parents apartment right away 

---------------------------------
( flashback 2013 ) 

it was June 2013 , after me and seohyun had a major breakup event that i never thought we would survive it but eventually and after a lot of pushing and pulling and enormous efforts we got back together just before her birthday week .. 

because we had an unstable relationship at the time and it felt like walking on a thin robe with the probability of me falling out from her heart at any moment , it was the exact era when her fanboys were waiting for her in lines because she looked so ready to date and enjoy her youth ..
 it was all dangerous and i didn't know what to do to make her unconditionally linked to me .. 

i had a serious voting from every single man on the planet , and simply minhyuk was the man who saved me 

" hyung , a pet should link a girlfriend more than a wedding ring " minhyuk said with a confident tone and got my attention , the shy charming boy surely knows how to pull girls to him in a safe way .. 

that moment i was at loss , seohyun never got a pet before and probably she has a serious reason hindering her from adopting one ! so what if i brought her a dog and she refused to accept it !! 

i wanted to take the risk after all , since i was determind to save a vulnerable relationship so i had to use all the possible tools .. and if she did refuse the pet i will swallow it with a warm smile .. 

it was her birthday 11:00 a.m when i went to her floor , and kneeled on the floor adjusting the small dog bag into the bigger flashy gift box with multiple big circled openings ..

i checked out the tiny dog and caressed her fluffy hair , i printed a kiss over her as i whispered " please let her fall for you , save my love " 

the dog blinked twice at me with a sleepy eyes and i giggled - i seriously lost my mind - i accepted that fact proudly 

i rang seohyun villa's doorbell twice as my heartbeat raced painfully , i walked in my spot worried , what if she ... 

i didn't finish my mental line as i heard seohyun shouting behind the door " yonghwa !!! wait a moment please " 

" oh ok " i replied with a calm tone but i was killing myself a hundred times in my head ! i should have called first - how stupid- .. 
i waited 5 long minutes melting with worries 

the door was opened and she smiled at me panting roughly ! i wondered if she was just now running a marathon or something ? 

" oppa , good morning " she said gulping her breath 

" i should've called earlier " i said with apologizing smile 

she moved a hand denying " eh ! no , it's alright .. i was just preparing myself for the party tonight " 

" actually ... " i couldn't say that i brought her a dog as it sounded a stupid idea after all , minhyuk himself is a fail when it comes to relationships yet i'm following his ways .. 

she pointed at the flashy box on the floor " is that mine ? " 

" eh ! no ... yes yes it's yours for sure " 

i'm just messing up the whole thing .. i feel it ..

i held the box and handed it to her " be careful " i murmured and she looked at me confused 

" thank you .. it's huge " she smiled warmly and her hand went to open the box lid .. i heard my heart throbbing in my ear 

" ah ! i didn't even invite you inside , please come in " she said suddenly before she could check out what's inside 

" okay ! " i said with a faded tone as i walked inside and stood in the middle of the living room 

i looked at her as she stood in the middle of the room too , trying to check out the gift .. but what if she get shocked by the surprise and drop the poor dog or something , what if she has a phobia !! 

" let me help you " i went to her and took the box , i placed it on the floor and kneeled beside it , she kneeled beside me too , i side glanced her and she was holding her long hair with a hand fixing it from falling ..

" juhyun , happy birthday " i said seriously with a low tone and opened the box 

she gazed at me for a moment before she shifts her gaze at the pet bag inside the box !! i took out the pet bag with a nervous sweaty hands and opened the door for the dog .. 

" aish ! she's sleepy !! " i didn't even notice that my mental line was loud enough for seohyun to hear 

seohyun quietly took the tiny dog out from the bag and held it cautiously 

" she's supposed to walk around and make funny moves , but she's just sleepy " i said with an irritated tone trying to convince seohyun to adopt it .. but i don't think it'll happen anytime soon , not in this world at least 

" oh my god " i heard seohyun palming so i glanced her and she was sobbing ! sobbing ??? minhyuk !! 

" she's so cute " seohyun said with amazed tone as she held it close to her chest with teary eyes 
" so tiny and fluffy " she caressed  her like a mother who got her newborn baby between her hands for the first time 

she wiped her tears as she hugged the dog " hey sweetie , nice to meet you " 

i froze looking at seohyun interacting cutely with the dog i brought for her ! my soul was already out of my body for the moment so i just stared at them in disbelief
 she printed a kiss on the dog's crown and the dog yawned as she looked at seohyun 

seohyun laughed out a feminine laugh " oh my god , how can she be this cute !! " 

i waited there like a third party completely left out , but enjoying those tiny weird sounds and giggles seohyun let out continuously ! she looked seriously happy !!  

i cleared my voice as i asked with a low tone " so will you accept her ? " 

she caressed the dog warmly and gazed at me smiling widely " of course i will take her " 

" ah good " i smiled a toothy smile excited 

she leaned and printed a quick kiss on my cheek " kamsaheyo " 

i froze like a fool , thinking that it must be a dream , a reckless one too .. 

" i'm thankful you liked it , i was really afraid that you won't be ready to accept a pet and all " i said as we watched the dog in her lap playing with her hands 

" no i've always loved pets , but i think i'll especially love this one since it's a gift .. " she said while busily played with the fluffy 

" mmm , because it's a gift ? so you wanted it as a gift !! " i asked confused not getting her point 

she locked our gazes as she said her words slowly highlighting them " i'll especially love her because it's a gift from you that will always accompany me , so when i miss you , i'll just hold her tightly and .. " 

i leaned suddenly and brushed my lips on her soft lips , steadily sweetly lingering there for a while ..

----------------------------------
- the present - seohyun's parents villa 

i arrived her parents' apartment and rang the bell .. 

the door was opened and as i expected it was her dad 

" yonghwa .. you came after all " her dad said welcoming me with a warm smile and worried eyes , he patted my shoulder guiding me inside 

i sat on the couch and couldn't hide my restless emotions

" i heard about it .." i said with a serious tone , it was a little awkward being this serious as i couldn't even estimate how did he feel about losing dubu exactly , but at least i was aware we shared a common worry about the girl who was deeply attached to dubu - seohyun -

seohyun's father frowned a little and talked with a dry bitter tone " i already told juhyun : she'll lose a lot of precious things and people along the way , so she has to appreciate the time she spent with her love ones , and be strong when it's time to let go " 

i nodded slightly , however his words made me more worried about juhyun , i truly didn't care about anything for n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter