Chapter 2: Meeting (마중)

The End...Not?

 

 

Taera’s POV

 

                Since I don’t have any class today, I started my day with cleaning the house, doing laundry and bathed the twins when they woke up. It was already noon when I finished all the chores and cooked for lunch. I sat at the living room, watching Joongli and Joongki who had an amused expression on their faces as they’re watching television. Both of them exactly looked like their father. Their only similarity with me was their milky white skin. Well, better that way, though. I’d prefer them to have Jonghoon’s beautiful face rather than my plain face. I chuckled as I reminisced how we first met.

 

*****

 

                “Jin-ah~ jebaliyo! Jinjja jebal!” I made a cute face – well, I thought it’s cute. I put both of my palms together and pouted with hoping eyes to him. He rolled his eyes. [Jebaliyo - please. Jinjja jebal - Really, please]

                “Fine, just follow me. I’m already late,” he said as he walked with his guitar case on his shoulder. I follow him giddily. The journey to his house filled with silence since both of us were deep in our own thoughts. After almost fifteen minutes walk, we stopped at the bus stop. Wait! Since when did we have to ride a bus to his house from the town?

                “Jogi, Jin-ah, we are going back home, right?” I poked his arm a few times. He turned to me with his blank face. He tilted his head a bit. [Jogi- sth like hey/ excuse me]

                “Ani.” My eyes widened. Where is he taking me? Ugh! I’m so stupid! Why didn’t I ask him first where was he heading to? [Ani-no]

                “Erk, Jin, we are we going then?” hesitatingly, I asked him. He smiled a bit before patting my head.

                “You’ll know,” he replied. He slung his left arm around my shoulders, still having that creepy smile on his face. I shifted uncomfortably with his arms around me. Just then, the bus arrived. I peeked at the bus destinations sign placed at the front mirror. A frown formed as I read it.

                “Gaja!” exclaimed Jaejin as he dragged me into the bus. ‘SEOUL?’ I thought curiously. [Gaja - Let's go!]

 

*****

 

                “Come in!” invited Jaejin. His hand gestured me to be hurry. With uncertainty of anything that may happen to me, I stepped into the room. The room was filled with instruments; guitars, drum set, keyboard, basses. Also microphones, amplifiers, hi-fis. ‘Jamming room? He can’t possibly bring me here just to teach me guitar?’ voiced my mind. It was then I noticed there were other people in this room together with us. I stood froze on my spot.

                “Oh, Jaejin-ah, you brought a friend?” said one of the guys. He was wearing a sleeveless shirt, showing his curved arms. Jaejin walked to my way and dragged me to a chair before pushing me by shoulders to be seat me. I was still too frightened to say anything – I mean like, I was surrounded by one...two... FIVE guys! My palms sweat madly. My mind has arranged a few plans in case they do any funny things to me.

                “Ne. Taera, this is Wonbin-hyung, he is a guitarist,” he said as he appointed to the man earlier. [Ne - yes. hyung- honorifics used by male to acknowledge an older male]

                “Annyeonghaseyo, Ahn Taera imnida,” I introduced myself formally and bowed. The others bowed too. [Annyeonghaseyo, Ahn Taera imnida - Hello, I'm Ahn Taera]               

               “Hongki imnida,” said one of them who sat by the floor. He has a pretty pale skin colour. I smiled slightly, still feeling uncomfortable being in the middle of guys.

                “Choi Jonghoon,” said the one closest to me. His hair covered his eyes, but I can tell that he’s pretty good looking – not that I care or what. He went back to tuning his guitar like before he greeted me.

                “And that’s Minhwan. He’s your age,” uttered Jaejin while pointing at a boy who’s sitting behind the drum set. He smiled, making his eyes turned into a pair of slits.

                “Hyung! Why didn’t you let me introduce myself? Aish!” He pretended to throw the drumstick to Jaejin before turning back to me. I looked back at him with a blank face.

                “Annyeong! Minhwan-eyo,” he said cheerfully. [Annyeong! Minhwan-eyo - Hi! I'm Minhwan (informal)]

                “Taera imnida,” I replied to him, not knowing what else I should say. I smiled to him more comfortably than before.

                “Jaejin-ah, why is she here?” asked Hongki Oppa. Ouch! Why do I sound so unwanted?

                “Ahh~ about that, Wonbin-hyung, can you teach her how to play guitar?” Jaejin suddenly blurted out. I looked at him wide-eyes.

                “Erk, Jin, I thought you’re the one who’s going to teach me?” I asked Jaejin, still puzzled by his sudden outburst.

                “Initially, yes, but I’d have to attend vocal classes. Plus, I’ve to practice bass more now. So I don’t really have time to teach you. Mian, Taera-ya~,” he said, pouting. He turned back to Wonbin Oppa. [Mian- sorry. Oppa - honorifics used by female to acknowledge older male]

                “So, Wonbin-hyung, is it possible?”

                “Mian, Jaejin-ah. I, too have to attend vocal classes. Jeongmal mianhae, Taera-ssi,” he said while looking my way. [Jeongmal mianhae - really sorry]                

                “Oh, gwaenchanhayo! I didn’t know he was busy, or else, I surely won’t ask him to teach me,” I said trying to hide the disappointment in my voice. I stood up without myself noticing. It’s not that I really want Wonbin Oppa to teach me, it’s just that Jaejin had promised me last year that he’ll teach me how to play guitar right after he finished middle school. [Gwaenchanhayo - It's okay]

                “Wait! Jonghoon, can you help to teach her? Since you’re the lead guitarist, I guess, it won’t be a problem, right?” asked Wonbin Oppa. My eyes blinked in confusion. Uhm, I thought I already said it’s alright, right? Jonghoon turned away from his guitar, facing us. Obviously, he didn’t follow our conversation just now. I made an apologetic gestures towards him.

                “Gwaenchanhayo, Jonghoon-ssi. I can always attend some class som....” my words were cut by his.

                “Sure,” he said, flipping his hair back. I was dumbfounded. Did he just say yes? I mean, I thought he doesn’t like me? I was still staring at him without me aware of it until Jaejin start to speak again.

                “Oh, jinjjayo, hyung? Neomu gomawoyo!” he said in relief. Jonghoon just nodded once. Then Jaejin turned back to the rest. [Jinjjayo? - Really? . Neomu gomawoyo - Thank you so much]

                “Have you guys eaten?” asked Jaejin to no one in particular.

                “Yeah.”

                “Yeah.”

                Both I and Jonghoon looked at each other, startled. Did we just say exactly the same thing at the same time? I could feel the rest of the members looking at us.

                “No, we haven’t. We were waiting for you,” answered Hongki Oppa, breaking the awkward silence. The other two just nodded in agreement.

                “Oh, okay. I guess, both of you will stay here, then? Uhm, let’s go, hyung! Minhwan, ppalli,” uttered Jaejin. Before I could say anything, they have already disappeared behind the door, leaving me and Jonghoon alone. I just stood there, facing the door before turned to look at Jonghoon. [Ppalli - Hurry]

                “Are you serious about teaching me?” I asked, still not believing the fact.

                “Ne.”

                “Oh, okay,” was all my reply. I was still standing at the same place before, deep in my own thoughts. Suddenly he spoke up.

                “Are you not going to learn?” he said coldly.

                “Ne?” I asked back. I didn’t get what he said just now since my mind flew somewhere else for a while.

                “Are you just going to stand there? I thought you said you wanted to learn how to play guitar?” he said, looking straight into my eyes.

                “Oh, ne!” I clumsily took a chair and sit opposite him.

*****

                I chuckled as I recalled the incident back. Thanks to Jaejin, I met him. It has been exactly 11 years after we first met. And, time has changed us, indeed. 

 

 

A/N: Annyeong! A new chapter is up! And, if you noticed, I use FT Island's songs' title as my chapter title :) Heehee. It might be, not relevant to the song, but yeah, the title just suits~~

And, yeah. The photo above is Jonghoon before he debuted as one of FT Island members. He really is an Ulzzang!

Again, comment and subscribe, ne? :D

 

Love, ChocoBun.

 

*editted Nov,1 - I made some translations for the Korean words that I used (those in blue colour) . Hope that helps you guys ;)