Chapter 13 : What Can I Do? (어쩌란 말이야)

The End...Not?

 

Day 1

Jonghoon’s POV

                I arrived there, at my late father-in-law’s house right on time before Taera went to work. She had just opened the main door when I came up to her.

                “Morning,” I greeted her. She turned her head my way as she heard my voice, and her face quickly turned sour upon seeing me. I smiled a little seeing her childish act. She continued to lock the door and walked to her car which was parked by the roadside, ignoring me all the time. However, I kept on following her from the back which obviously annoyed her. And when she was about to open her car’s front door, I stood in front of her, stopping her from doing so.

                “Excuse me, you’re getting in my way,” she said, sounding formal, face straight. Even when she’s doing that, she looked so cute to me. Ahn Taera, what have you done to me?

                “Oh really? From what I see, you’re the one who’s blocking me,” I replied to her, acting dumb.

                “HOW AM I – What do you mean by that?” Her shouting stopped as she realised that we’re out in the public and quickly changed her voice low and grim. I smirked to see her flushed face. She must’ve been so angry.

                “What I meant was I only have one way out since there’s a car at my back, which is through the front way. Unfortunately, YOU have blocked my way,” I said matter-of-factly.

                “Fine, then,” with that, she moved to her left, making a way for me. However, instead of walked pass her, I moved to my right, returning to our original position; both of us standing opposite to each other. So she moved to her right, and I moved back to my left, so we’re facing each other again. And we continued to play mirror on ourselves until she lost her patience and decided to take a step backwards.

                “Just go, okay? I’m already late,” her face clearly showed that she’s annoyed. I smiled to her sweetly and instead of going away, I took a step forward. And Taera took another step backwards, trying to run away from me, but that just made it worst as she was trapped between the wall behind her and me. I walked nearer to her and put both of my hands on either side of her head.

                “Taera honey, let’s go back home, shall we?” I said to her, to which she replied with a glare.

                “Choi Jonghoon, I’m already late to go to work. Can you please stop this stupid game of yours?” she shot back.

                “How is this stupid? I just want my wife back, to live with me and our kids. Taera, please?” I looked straight into her eyes, but she avoided it.

                “For what? To see you having fun with your girlfriend while I do all the chores and take care of your kids? Is that so? If that is the reason, I see no relevant in it,” her face was full of hurt as the words escaped her lips. And as much as the words have hurt her, it affected me as much too.

                “They’re our kids, honey. Ours – and don’t you ever forget that. They’re the symbol of our love,” I uttered, trying to caress her face. But, even before I get to touch her face, she slapped my hand away and looked at me cynically.

                “Our love? Since when is there love between us? I don’t remember saying that I loved you,” her words struck me like lightning as it occurred to me the truth behind her words. She has never ever said that she loves me – not even once. It has always been me telling her how much I love her.

                “So, I guess I have got my say. I’ll go first.” She walked pass me and got into her car before drove off to the academy leaving me behind who’s still dumbstruck by her hurtful words.

 

Day2

Ahn Taera’s POV

                I start off my day with my daily routine; doing the laundry and making me breakfast before going to work. It felt weird, though. For almost four years, I’ve been doing laundry for at least two people before the twins came into my life. The same goes to the breakfast. At least another person would be accompanying me for breakfast and that person is none other than Jonghoon. I shrugged of the memories of us together that inevitably flooding my mind and distracted myself by getting ready to work.

                Around 7.45 am, I made sure everything’s ready – well, it’s not that there’s any other thing for me to prepare. There were the twins before, but not now. ‘How I missed them,’ I thought as I closed the door and walked out to the door gate. And surprisingly, I have a guest this morning.