Chapter 22 : Endless Story

The End...Not?

 

Taera’s POV

                Two weeks. Two weeks has passed since that uneventful event took place. It seems like our condition has gotten worse with time. So much with the saying; time heals. But at least this time round nobody is leaving the house – yet. Both of us are still staying under the same roof, sharing the same oxygen. I am still working hard, trying to mend our shattered relationship, hoping the day it breaks will never come. But it seems like the other party is a bit reluctant – not that I could blame him, though. It was partly my fault, too.

                A sigh escaped my lips.

                “Sajang-nim, is there anything wrong with my report?” asked Miss Yoon, taking me out of my trance. I looked up to her and Jaeseop oppa who were sitting opposite me – reminding me that we were in the middle of Miss Yoon’s report presentation. I sat up straight, drawing a smile on my face.

                “No, there’s nothing wrong with it. I just…don’t feel really well. I’m sorry,” I said, plastering another assuring smile. I saw she withdrew a relieved breath. I didn’t notice that I made her that worry. I guess she’s just worried that I might fire her if her work is not up to my standard – which can hardly be the reason. Her work has never disappointed me; she’s a perfectionist.

                “Should we just continue this tomorrow? You’ve been working really hard lately,” said Jaeseop oppa. I shook my head lightly.

                “I can’t afford to do so. I’ve been absent from work for two months already. There are a lot of things to be done. The contractor still hasn’t confirmed whether the school can be done by the deadline. I went to the site yesterday and they told me that the wiring work hasn’t even started yet. It’s already November, for God’s sake! We only have three months left.”

                I was reminded of how disappointed Minhwan was when I told him I couldn’t attend his birthday dinner at their former dorm few days ago. However, I guess work was just a side reason at that time. The truth was I don’t want them to find out about our marriage condition.

                “I can help you if…”

                “Jaeseop-ssi, you already have enough in your hands. Besides, this is out of your scope of work,” I uttered sternly, cutting his words midair. He was taken aback by my rebut; I can tell that from his expression. Nevertheless, he nodded his head, abiding my words as his boss.

                “Shall we continue now?”

 

Jonghoon’s POV

 

                I came back late that night. It was partially on purpose as my anger still hasn’t cool down yet. I noticed that the living room was still lit up albeit the late hours – Taera was yet asleep.

                “Oh, you’re back! Have you eaten? I made some…” said Taera as she took my bag from my hands, leaving her work as soon as she heard my coming. She followed me upstairs to our room, putting my bag at its place.

                “I’ve eaten.” I replied cutting her sentence. I glanced at her face to see her expression. She was still smiling although a tint of disappointment can clearly be seen in her eyes. Regardless of the cold shoulder I gave her lately, she still does her duty as a wife devotedly. She’s back to the old Taera.

                “I guess I’ll just keep it in the fridge for your breakfast tomorrow, then.”

                “I have an early schedule tomorrow. Manager hyung said we’ll grab our breakfast on the way there.”

 

                Lies. Manager hyung had just told me that my schedule’s clear until afternoon.

 

                “Oh…it’s okay, I guess. Uhm, I’ll go down first. Just leave your clothes there; I’ll take them down later.”

 

 

Taera’s POV

 

                Lies. Earlier Jaejin has asked for my permission to take the twins to his parents’ house. He told me that Manager oppa has cleared their schedule until afternoon because Hongki oppa has high fever. I felt tears dwelled at the brim of my eyes, my lips quivered. I tried to keep my composure – I have to be strong.

                “Oh…it’s okay, I guess. Uhm, I’ll go down first. Just leave your clothes there; I’ll take them down later.” I quickly walked out of the room before my tears could betray me. And as soon as the door clicked behind me, I let myself fell on the hard, cold floor with tears streamed down from my eyes.

 

 


 

 

Hello there!! :D  Good news to those who wants their fight to stop: I've already planned the ending of this story, means no more fight :D (Okay lame ChocoCun -.-)

I was so inspired today. I wrote 3 chapters in a row - and if i'm not updating this story now, I'm most probably already half way with the fourth chapter :D :D 

This story is coming to its end in next few chapters, thank you to those who reads! It means a lot to me :)

 

On the other hand, I made a new fanfic featuring EXO LAY :D 

Mademoiselle Athena, Mon Amour

 

Hope you guys will like it! :D

 

Till then, ChocoBun.