Chapter 27: You'll Be in My Heart

The End...Not?

 

Third Person’s POV

 

                “I’m sorry.”

                “Sorry? Why?” Taera’s mind was filled with all kind of possibilities of him apologizing and the most prominent of them all was divorce.

                “I’m sorry for not trusting you when you said that you don’t have any kind of relationship with Jaeseop.” Unknowingly, Taera withdrew a deep sigh of relief.

                “Thank God I met him earlier today. It really did clear things up between us. I don’t know what will happen to us if I didn’t meet him today. I can’t, neither do I want to imagine if our misunderstanding lasted. Things might get very ugly.” A smile was plastered on Taera’s face by the time Jonghoon finished talking. Only God knows how happy she was at that time – the time when all the misunderstandings were solved.

                “I’m glad you did.” It was silence between them until Taera was reminded of something..

                “Where did you meet him, by the way?”

                “At your office, of course.”

                “You came to my office?” Taera's eyes widened upon hearing his answer. 'He didn’t possibly go to my office to attack Jaeseop Oppa, right?' I thought. However, the look of puzzlement on his face added to the lady's question.

                “Yeah. You told me to hand your handphone to you, remember?” He explained. But his explanation meant nothing as Taera’s brows came together, knitted in a frown – looking at him in obvious bewilderment.

                “I remember asked Jaejin to take my handphone at home when he called office, saying that he wants to meet me there. But I don’t remember telling you to do so.”

                “But I received a call from Yoon-ssi this mor…” and it sank to them that it was all Jaejin’s doing. Sighs can be heard from both of them as they looked at each other before bursting into laughter.

                “I didn’t know he knows.” Said Jonghoon after his laughter stopped.

                “We shouldn’t have underestimated him.” Both of them nodded in sync, as they played with each others’ fingers. Silence filled the air as they continued to have their little ‘finger battle’. Once in a while chuckles can be heard as they watched their battle in amusement.

                “I’m sorry too,” murmured Taera lowly not long after their fingers stopped. Jonghoon looked up from their tangled fingers to Taera. Her head hung low.

                “I really, really should’ve believed you when you said you’re no longer seeing Bichi-ssi. It’s just that…I still feel insecure. I mean, your relationship with her has been going on for years. And just not long after you guys broke up, you made a decision to marry me. I can never be sure whether you married me out of love or…”

                “Taera, I thought I’ve told you so many times,” said Jonghoon as he brought the lady into his arms, her arms lovingly. Taera nuzzled her head at the crook of Jonghoon’s neck almost immediately – as if it was a reflex act.

                “I know! I know, but I can’t help to feel that way.” A sigh escaped Jonghoon’s lips as he broke the hug and lowered himself so that his eyes me Taera’s. He kept Taera in place by cupping both of Taera’s cheeks, them gently with his thumbs. Jonghoon didn’t know that Taera was still feeling insecure. He thought that issue has been settled long time ago after they married. He has tried his very best to shower Taera with his love, giving her undivided attention even after the twins came to their lives. He thought all that was able to throw away all doubts Taera had of him. But no. He was so wrong. That feeling was still there – chained in her.

                “Look, baby. I love you, okay? Only you, Ahn Taera. All the other girls are just my past. But you, Ahn Taera, are my past, present and future; the only girl I want to spend my life with. The only girl I would want to have a family with. And the only girl who will ever be the reason of my happiness and despair. You are practically my life. I don’t know what will happen to me without you.”

                “You survived, though.”

                “Barely, baby. Barely. All those hurtful words I said to you backfired. It hurts me very much – so much that I thought that this must have been how you felt when I said them to you. But no, it must have pained you even more. People said we can never hurt our loved ones because it’s going to hurt us as much too. It’s true, I guess. I…I’ve put us too suffer. I’m sorry, baby." Jonghoon’s head was low, unable to meet Taera in the eyes anymore.

                “Hey, what does that make me then? I was the one who initiated our fight,” said Taera as she pinched the tip of Jonghoon’s nose to which Jonghoon crinkled his nose at. Taera chortled lightly upon seeing that and gave him another pinch on the cheek instead. Jonghoon frowned as she continued to pinch his nose tip and cheeks a few times. Jonghoon quickly retaliate by tickling Taera’s sides, leaving her laughing hysterically in no time.

                “Jonghoon…ss..sssto…puhahaha!” uttered Taera in between her laughs as Jonghoon tickled harder. Taera tried to push his hands away. But, Jonghoon, instead of letting her go, pulled her into a tight embrace with her back facing him. He held both of her arms to stop her little rebellious act and buried his face at the back of Taera’s head. He took a whiff of her floral-scented hair, arms tightening around Taera’s petite figure. Jonghoon rocked their body side-to-side slowly as he hummed the familiar tune of ‘You’ll Be in My Heart’. They stayed in that position for quite a while, immersed in their feelings and longing for each other.

                “I love you,” Jonghoon whispered as their body started to rock slower and slower. Taera turned to face Jonghoon, a small smile formed on her lips. She planted a peck on Jonghoon’s lips, leaving the lad wide-eyed.

                “I love you more.”

 


 

Hey it's 1st March and I've updated! (I'm not amused -.-)

 

Should I let you guys know that I suffered writing this chapter? Yeah, I think I should.

I did suffer because I don't know how to make this chapter as romantic >.< I'm such a fail. I tried to match with Jonghoon's excessive romantism but I'm NOWHERE near his level. Like totally. Oh, well probably because I'm not that kind of romantic person myself XD XD

However, I really hope you guys satisfied with this supposed-to-be-romantic chapter :O and let us pray for their happiness(?).

 

Love, ChocoBun.

 

P/S: THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE COMMENTS!!! TBH, IT'S THE NUMBER OF COMMENTS THAT MADE ME UPDATE TODAY :D I LUB YOU ALL <3