Chapter 12: A Person Who's Closer to Tears (눈물이 더 가까운 사람)

The End...Not?

 

 

 

 

Taera’s POV

 

                When we were back at home, the house was still in silent; as if nobody’s inside. It was true though, as I saw Jonghoon’s shoes were not on the rack. The kids ran inside the house calling out their papa happily. However, after a few calls not being answered, the kids stopped and turned their gaze to me.

                “Mama, where’s Papa?” asked Joongli to me. I didn’t know how they knew that their Papa was supposed to be at home now. Perhaps Jaejin told her through the phone just now. I walked to them and lowered myself so that we’re of the same height. I patted both of their heads and smiled.

                “Papa called me and said that he has to go somewhere. He’ll be home soon,” I said, making up a lie, just to comfort them. Both of them looked disappointed to the fact that their Papa was not home as they had expected. What more after them persuading me to go home right after the meeting has finished.

                “Oh, okay,” replied Joongli as she sat down on the couch, her shoulders slumped. A few seconds later, Joongki followed her action. Their acts were so cute that I felt like laughing, but I knew better how they felt than to do so. I squatted down in front of them and stared at them for a few minutes before an idea popped up in my head.

                “Uhm, why don’t we cook for Papa? He must be hungry when he came back later, right? So, what say you?” I said. And I knew that my I succeeded in coaxing them as I saw a small smile formed on their faces. Both of them later started to nod their heads vigorously that I scared their heads might fell off. I held the back of their heads, making them stopped nodding in no time. Their gleaming eyes showed just how excited they were.

                “Okay, now let’s get change!” I said, taking both of their little hands in mine to their room.

 

*****

 

                The clock showed that it has already passed 10 p.m, yet, Jonghoon’s still not back. The kids were already asleep as they were too tired of ‘helping’ me in the kitchen. Even I’m feeling as tired as I had hard times to sleep lately. I have already decided to go to bed when I heard the beep sound of the lock’s number being pressed. I stood up from my seat and walked closer to the entrance, right in front of the staircase. Jonghoon smiled upon seeing me there, to which I did not reply.

                “I missed you so much, honey,” he said, throwing his arms around me to embrace me. However, I felt my body stiffened to his touch. And he could sense it too.

                “Where were you?” My voice came out colder than I expected. Hearing that, Jonghoon’s arms around me loosened and eventually fell to his sides. He looked at me straight in the eyes.

                “Are we still at it, Taera?” he asked back, almost unbelieving. Instead of replying, I gave him a stern look as a ‘yes’ to his question. He shrugged off my question and heaved out a deep sigh. He walked a few steps to the stairs before stopped by my voice.

                “Answer me Jonghoon; where were you?” I asked again, demanding. It took him a few seconds before he turned to face me again, looking bored.

                “Nowhere.” My eyes widened in disbelief to hear his answer. Can’t he at least explain himself?

                “Nowhere? Is that all that you can think of? Choi Jonghoon, do you know how happy the kids were to know that you’re coming back home today? They even begged me to go back home early; expecting to see you who was supposed to be waiting for them. Not the other way round! And ‘nowhere’ is the only word you can think of? You amazed me!” Without me realising, my voice grew louder by each words uttered; too loud that the kids were awakened by it. The kids were watching both of us from upstairs. ‘This is going to be ugly,’ I thought.

                “Honey,” I said to the kids, trying to grab and console them as I saw their eyes were getting teary. As I took one step closer to them, both of them ‘ran’ down the stairs slowly with me thinking that they’ll come to me. However it was not as I expected as they ran straight into Jonghoon’s arm and hugged him tight. I was confused; why did they run away from me? I saw Jonghoon was trying to calm them but of no use as both Joongli and Joongki’s continue to sob.

                “Joongli-ah, come to Mama, honey. Come, Joongki honey,” I said, approaching them with the thought of comforting. Again, both of them ran away from me, and hid behind Jonghoon. I held out my hand to reach out for Joongki who’s nearer to me.

                “Mama bad! Mama shout at Papa! Mama bad!” screamed Joongki suddenly, making my hand stopped in the midair. Even though I was shocked to hear the quiet Joongki’s outburst, I was even more shocked to hear what he said to me. My heart shattered to pieces to the fact that my own son's accusation. Yes, he’s just two; still, I couldn’t help but to feel hated. In fact it made me felt pathetic.

                “Honey? Joongki?” I walked nearer to him, trying to touch his face. ‘What he said can’t be true! I must have been imagining things,’ I thought to comfort myself. However, I knew it did happen in reality as I felt my hand was being pushed away by my little boy before he ‘ran’ back into his room, together with his sister. The hurt look in his eyes almost took my life from me. Not my babies, too, God?

                “Taera,” Jonghoon voice was heard. He tried to take me into his arms, comforting me, but I shrugged him off. I was still overwhelmed with what had just happened. And there’s only one solution that I could think of right now.

                “I don’t deserve to be part of this family anymore,” with that, I strutted my way out of the house, leaving my loved ones behind.

 

 

A/N: Lala~ Amazingly I updated today! :D Oh, and that's Joongli and Joongki's pics up there. They're Tiffany SNSD and Jonghoon's baby pics <3 <3 Jonghoon is so cute ever since he was born. I so envy him. Oh and I won't be updating for two weeks since I'll be having tests on the next-next week (6th, 7th and 8th March) and after the tests,  I'll be going to a camp, so yeah, no updates. But luckily there'll be a one week holidays :) :) Might update i guess.

Eh, why am I telling you guys my schedule? Humm :/

Oh, and of course I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter :D

 

Love, ChocoBun.

 

P/S: KRISHA UNNIE!! I'VE UPDATED!! PPALLI UPDATE YOURS!!