Chapter 23: Thunder (천둥)

The End...Not?

Taera's POV

                “What do you mean?”

                “The construction work has to be postponed for a moment. We have some problem with our suppliers. However, the wiring work is already 60% done,” said the contractor.

                “What am I supposed to do with the electricity if the building is incomplete? Mr. Shin, the problem your company have with the supplier isn’t related to us. Take supplies from other companies if you have to! As a client, I want the building to be done on time. And you yourself know how much of money it costs you each day the project overdue,” I spoke over the phone. I was at the working site and gotten myself a shock to see the workers lazing around. When asked, they said that they got orders to put the construction work to a pause.

                “I…I will try my best.” I heard he said before I hung up the call. My shoulders slumped, disheartened. Why aren’t things going as planned?

 

***

 

                “Yeoboseyo?” answered Jaejin from the side of the line.

                “Jaejin. It’s me.”

                “Of course it’s you. It’s obviously your number. Would Chaewon noona call using your number? Tsk.”

                “Gosh, you talk too much.

                “Mweo? Fine, be that way. I’m hanging up!” he threatened.

                “Wait a minute! What time will your activities end today?”

                “Before dinner? Or maybe slightly passed dinner time. Why?”

                “Just asking. Thanks,” I said before hanging up.

               

                Dinner.

***

 

                I took another glance at the clock hung against the wall – it has been hours passed dinner time. I stared at the dishes and two bowls of cold rice in front of me. I was contemplating whether to wait him for dinner or just keep them in the fridge because there’s no way he hasn’t eaten dinner at this time. I decided to wait for another 30 minutes and if he doesn’t show up by then, I’ll go with the latter.

                He arrived 20 minutes later. Drunk.

               

***

 

                “Do you hate me that much now?” I murmured lowly as I tucked Jonghoon neatly under the covers. He squirmed, trashing the covers away. I put it back on top of him, only to get the cover tossed away again. This happened for a few times until I gave up and proceeded to clean the mess he made at the living room. The dinner plan has ruined and now I have to clean after his puke.

                I wonder what made him drank. He knows very well how much I hate alcohol – the reek of it, the aftermath of drinking and the taste itself. It has been awhile since he last drank. And most of the time, he’ll sleep over at the members’ house as to not make me feel uncomfortable with the pong of alcohol. But this?

                I stopped wiping the floor after the second round as I felt my hands trembled. Hypoglycaemic. My last meal was yesterday’s lunch – 2 pieces of homemade sandwich packed by Miss Yoon. I insisted to clean the wooden floor until not even the slightest smell of alcohol left but changed my mind as I felt faint. I put away the cleaning tools I used and grabbed a bar of chocolate and a glass of apple juice from the fridge. I put the chocolate in my pocket and hold the glass with both of my hand – not trusting the strength left in me.

                I began to consume the chocolate as fast as I could as my fingers massaging my temple. Too many things happened in the past 3 months. ‘Should I trade the academy to a bigger company?’ I thought as I chugged down the juice. I’ve been having that thought since the first day the academy passed down to me. But I didn’t do so because I know just how hard appa worked for the academy. Appa gave his all for this academy.

                I climbed the stairs carefully, clinging to the railing as if it was my dear life. I turned the doorknob slowly to not to wake Jonghoon up. A picture of Jonghoon sleeping soundly triggered a smile on my face. ‘If only our life now as peaceful as before,’ I thought. The smile on my face slowly faded as I quickly returned to the reality of our relationship now. I shrugged the thought off and went to wash up.

 


 

Yet another filler chapter :/ I've to stop doing this -.- 

By the way, readers, as I've told you guys, this story is coming to an end. So I was wondering; should I or should I not make a drabble collection of JongRa couple? As for the content of the story, I will open for you guys to ask questions of what do you want to know about them since they have been friend for 6 years before they got married - such as; how do they meet (this question is invalid since it has already been explained in this fic) or how did Taera get to be so close with Jaejin or even moments of Taera with other members :)

Feel free to vote for this poll!

 

 

*Editted Feb 5th 2013.

You don't necessarily have to ask question for the drabble collection. Of course I have my own ideas. It's just that, it's OPEN for you to ask IF YOU WANT :D