Chapter 6: Lie

The End...Not?

 

Taera’s POV

                It was long after midnight when Jonghoon came back from his practice. My intention of asking the truth behind Bichi-ssi’s words was stopped upon seeing his tired face after a day of working. Ignoring the news that Bichi-ssi brought earlier this afternoon, I still greeted him as usual, trying not to show any indifferences in my actions. After putting his clothes in the laundry basket to be wash tomorrow, I climbed upstairs to our room and saw him coming out from the bathroom with a fresh new wife beater and a pair of shorts. I switched the main lights off and left the bedside lamps on before got under the covers. Jonghoon followed my action not so long after. It was silence after that; I thought he has gone asleep.

                “Is something bothering you?” his sudden voice startled me. However, I don’t think he saw the change of my expression as I noticed his eyes were closed when I turned to look at him. My mind was debating whether or not to spill the question that has been in my mind for this whole day.

                “Nah, nothing is,” I finally decided not to disturb him with some unnecessary things in the middle of the night. I turned my body facing him, watching his beautiful features that have been loved by all of his fans.

                “I do aware that I am THAT handsome. You don’t have to stare at me that long, you know? It might burn your eyes,” he smiled exactly after uttering those words, making me felt like punching him. He fluttered his eyes open and turned his body to face me so that we are facing each other.

                “What are you? Medusa?” I scoffed at him. He chuckled lightly before placing a hand on one of my cheeks and it. He stared at me lovingly while doing so.

                “Taera, I know you. Just spill the bean already, will you?” he said to me softly, not stopping what he was doing before. I took a deep breath to calm myself. There was no way I could get away from this. I gaze at his eyes for a while before uttered the words out.

                “Are you still in contact with Bichi-ssi?” I asked in a rather low voice, hoping that he won’t catch it. But unfortunately, he did. His hand stopped from my cheek, his pupil moved from my eyes to some other object that I couldn’t see. He his lips before answering me.

                “Of course not. On what reason should I be doing so? I don’t even think it’s necessary for me to meet her in future since we’re over years ago.”

 

 

*****

 

                I picked the twins from the nursery at my workplace, ATR Music Academy, which was owned by my father. A; Ahn, our family name, T; the first syllable from my dad’s name, Tae Kyung, and R; the last syllable from my mom’s name, Na Ra. All together it formed, Ahn Tae Ra; my name. I greeted the keeper at the nursery and asked for the twins. She called them, who were playing with the other employees children. Both of them ran towards me, who’s waiting for them at the nursery entrance. I lowered my body to hug them and pecked each one of them on the cheeks.

                “Do you have fun today?” I asked them. Joongli and Joongki both nodded in enthusiasm. I took both of their hands in mine and guide them to the car. Once I’m done putting on their seatbelts, I drove off from the car park.

                “How about some cappuccino bun for tea?” I asked them, but received no response from them. I took that as a no.

                “How about some cake then?” I said as I peeked through the mirror. Their eyes gleamed in excitement upon hearing the word cake. Kids and sweets just can’t be separated, I guess.

                “Let’s go buy some cake, then!” I exclaimed as I pulled off at the roadside, in front of a bakery that we often go to. I opened the door for the kids and helped them to get out from the car, before walking together to the bakery to grab us some cake.

                However just a few steps from the bakery, my leg stopped walking as my eyes caught  a figure that I know too well with a lady sitting opposite him, talking and laughing cheerfully.

 

[Flashback]

                “What is it that you want to tell me?” My words came out harsher than I thought it would be. But, who cares about that at these times?

                “I came to tell you that Jonghoon and I are back together again,” she said calmly, staring straight to my eyes.

 

[End of Flashback]

 

[Flashback]

                “Are you still in contact with Bichi-ssi?” I asked.

                “Of course not. On what reason should I be doing so? I don’t even think it’s necessary for me to meet her in future since we’re over years ago.”

 

[End of Flashback]

 

                The tug on my coat’s sleeve brought me out from my trance.  I looked down to see both of my twins looking expectantly for me to continue our steps to the bakery which was just a few feet away. Drawing a small smile on my face, I squatted down to be at their height level.

                “Let’s go to the other one. This one has no cake,” I said to them, even though it’s obvious there are cakes inside. Being some obedient child they are, they just go with my flow and walked back to the car.

 

*****

 

                The kids are already asleep as it was almost midnight while I was waiting for Jonghoon to come home. Nothing was right for me to do to kill time while waiting for him. I was way too anxious that my mind just can’t stop questioning. Was Bichi-ssi right? Was she not lying? And if she didn’t, why did Jonghoon lie to me? I mean, he could’ve just told me the truth, right?

                “What are you thinking about?” Jonghoon’s voice broke all the thoughts in my mind. I looked at him a little bit wide-eyed. He took his seat on the couch next to me.

                “I thought you said you’re ‘work-free’ today? No shootings, no practices, no performances,” I said quoting back his words this morning.

                “Something came up. I’m sorry to keep you awake today, too.” I just shook my head a little bit as a reply. The situation afterwards was silence until I decided you break it.

                “Jonghoon, can I ask you something?”

                “You already are, jagiya,” he said as he leant a front a bit and touch the tip of my nose with his index finger. He was smiling all the time doing so.

                “Are you still in contact with Bichi-ssi?” I asked sternly. His smile got wider as he heard the question.

                “Aigoo. Haven’t I already answered this question last night? Or were you actually sleep talking when you asked me, huh?” he said, attempting a joke.

                “I’m serious, Jonghoon. Just answer me.” I could tell that he was taken aback by the tone that I used. I’ve always acted like a mom around the FT Island members, but he was an exception.

                “No, I don’t. Why?” he asked me back in confusion.

                “How come I just saw both of you at the café this afternoon, then?” I answered back, started to get to the point.

 

to be continued...

 

A/N: Kill me for not updating, readers :/ I'm getting lazier and lazier each day~ Sigh. By the way, hope you guys like this chapter even though it . I'm getting worse each day. Sigh again.

And I'm sorry if this chapter confuses you. Do tell me if it does, I'll try to fix it later :)

Love, ChocoBun.