Chapter 26: Let It Go!

The End...Not?

 

Taera’s POV

 

                I was shocked to see Jonghoon’s car parked in front of our house when I came back from work. Well, this is the first since our fight for him to be at home at this time. I mean, he wanted to avoid me badly that he claimed that he has work when he doesn’t and now what? It’s not that I don’t want him to; it’s just that I don’t feel like having another argument with him now. I’m so tired from the work at the office. Unconsciously, I let out a sigh as I walked to the door. I put my shoes at its place and hung my outer coat. ‘What smell is this?’ I thought as I made my way to the living room.

                “Oh, you’re back? Go and get change, I’ve prepared dinner,” said Jonghoon with a soft smile as he came out from the kitchen with an apron hung on his body. Was he talking to me? I stood there like a fool for a good five minutes before I heard his voice again, coming out from the kitchen carrying a dish in his hand.

                “Taera? Are you there?” He snapped his fingers in front of me with a quizzical look on his face. I quickly brought myself to life and nodded slightly a few times.

                “Good. Now go and get change. Ppalli. Or do you want me to do that for you too?” My eyes widened.

                “No, no, it’s okay. I’ll do it myself.” I felt myself stuttered and my cheeks felt hot as I climbed the stairs.

                I walked up the stairs with a question in my mind; did he hit his head against a door earlier today?

 

***

 

                “Eat more,” said Jonghoon as he piled up my bowl of rice with more dishes. I looked up from the table to him – what has gotten into him today? He was still not talking to me last time I saw him which was last night. So what made him all nice to me now? I continued to stare at him as he kept on putting more dishes in my bowl until the rice can no longer be seen. He flashed me a smile before he resumed eating his meal.

                It was obvious it wasn’t Jonghoon’s cooking – it’s Umma’s. However, I continued eating, my mind never stop wondering why on Earth would umma packed us some food. She knows very well that I usually cook at home, after coming back from work. I have been cooking for the boys ever since they debuted, every day without fail. Well, except when appa eats at home for dinner.

                “Umma made these,” said Jonghoon, as if it wasn’t obvious enough. It’s not that I have never eaten her cooking before – of course I know how it tastes. And that wasn’t what I wanted to know – it’s the reason why she did so that I’m curious about. However, I kept mum throughout the dinner, unable to express that bugging feeling towards Jonghoon.

 

***

 

                I woke up from my sleep as I felt something s around my waist. I rubbed the sleepiness off my eyes and gotten myself a shock to find myself not in my children’s room. I peeked under the covers and saw that ‘something’ that s around my waist was somebody’s arm. I quickly shrugged that person’s arm off me and jumped off the bed. I ran to switch the lights on and gotten myself a shock for the second time to find myself in my room.

                “Taera, why?” said Jonghoon groggily as he sat up from his lying position earlier. My eyes widened at his lack of clothing – he was only wearing a pair of shorts. I felt my hands clammed with sweat despite the freezing weather outside.

                “I…w..why…how am I here?” I felt myself stuttered as I looked away from him, my cheeks blushed. I heard him chuckled and the sound of the covers being removed before I felt a pair of hand on top of my shoulders. My shoulders tensed unknowingly.

                “I brought you here. Now go to sleep.” He pushed me lightly on the shoulder, guiding my way to the bed and laid me there. I lied there dumbfounded, not knowing how to react.

                “What happened?” I murmured lowly. I sat up back again, fixing my gaze to the wall in front of me.

                “Come again?” slurred Jonghoon as he settled down next to me, on his side of the bed.

                “What has happened? Why are you suddenly being nice to me, talking to me? What have you done?”

                “Now? Taera, come on! Let’s just sleep. I’m tired,” he said trying to pull me into lying position again. I stoned myself, not letting myself getting pulled by him.

                “I’m not sleeping until you tell me what is this all about!” I uttered sternly, facing him. His gaze softened as he pulled my arm to get me sitting nearer to him. I retracted my arms, breaking his grip as I gave him a threatening glare.

                “Okay, fine! What do you want to know?” he said at last, sitting up straight; his gaze bore into my eyes. His hands lingered at min, the back of my hands occasionally using his thumb. I took this time to scrutinize his face – his face has gotten a whole lot thinner. I don’t know whether it was because of work stress or because of our relationship. I was suddenly reminded of something and walked to the wardrobe; taking a wifebeater from its content and throw it to Jonghoon. He gladly wore it as he knew that I don’t like seeing him shirtless. There was a moment of silence between us when we got back to our initial position.

                “Taera, I’m waiting,” he triggered. I took a deep breath.               

                “What has happened earlier today? You are suddenly so nice to me..”

                “You don’t like it?”

                “No! I mean yes…I mean no; it’s not that I don’t like it. Of course I do,” I muttered as I watched our fingers interlaced with each other’s’. Jonghoon let go of one of my hand and brought it to lift my chin up so that I’m facing him.

                “Then?” he raised his eyebrows as he ruffled my hair. I pouted unknowingly at his action.

                “It’s just that, you were still not talking to me last night. Something must have happened for you to change drastically like this. Did anything happen to the kids?” I suddenly blurted out as I remembered he has gone to visit the kids at umma’s earlier.

                “No, no, the kids are doing just fine.” There was a pause there. I watched as he heaved a deep breath.

                “I am sorry.”

 


 

And I shall leave it there XD XD

I'll update again after I came back from my hometown. Around 3rd March? :D

Till we meet again.

 

Love, ChocoBun <3

 

P/S: Comment please? Comments really give me motivation to write :)