Chapter 1: Girls Don't Know (여자는 몰라)

The End...Not?

 

 

Taera’s POV

                The clock has striked 1 a.m. My eyes were getting sore from staying up for too long. I covered my mouth as another yawn escaped from my lips. ‘He said he’ll be back before 2. I might as well just wait him till he’s back,’ my mind spoke to me as I was considering whether to still wait or just go to bed. I continued to watch the drama on my laptop while waiting. Every few minutes, my hand would go up to my mouth to muffle back my yawns.

                It was slightly after 1.30 a.m. when I heard the door being opened. I quickly got off the couch and walked to the entrance to see him putting his shoes on the rack. He turned to my direction and smiled expectedly to me. I returned his smile back before went to his sides and kissed him on the cheek. His smile grew bigger as I did so. Walking back to the living room, he had his hand around my waist, pulling me closer to him. As we plopped ourselves on the couch, he leaned his head back, eyes closed. However, his hand was still around me.

                “I’m so tired,” he whined, asking for my attention. Understood, I caressed his cheek softly.

                “Do you want to eat or just straightly go to bed?” I asked him softly.  He fluttered his eyes opened before turning his head to my way. Instead of answering me, he pulled me into a tight hug and nestle his face at the crook of my neck (which must have been make his back hurts since I’m short). We stayed like that for a few moments in silence until he suddenly whispered softly to my ear.

                “I missed you. So much,” his voice was muffled up. I his back as a response. He just sighed seeing my reply to his words.

 

Jonghoon’s POV

               

                Aish! This is so frustrating! When will she ever reply my love back? Sure we have kids, but that doesn’t mean she loves me. For her, it’s a responsibility that has to be fulfilled.

                I occasionally broke the hug and walked to our room, grab a towel and fresh clothes and get into the bathroom. I adjusted the temperature before turning on the shower. I began undress before stepping into the shower, thoughts running across my mind.

                Ever since we’re married three years ago, not once had she say any affectionate words to me. She might have kissed and hug me, but not saying anything that shows her feelings towards me. She doesn’t even call me oppa. Which makes me wonder whether does she not love me? If so, then why did she say yes when I proposed her before? Was it just because she’s afraid that it might be awkward for us when she says no? I heaved out a sigh, trying to contemplate her thoughts.

                I turned the shower off and get out of it. I put on a pair of shorts and a black wifebeater before getting out from the bathroom. I was putting the towel into the laundry basket when I suddenly felt a pair of hands on my shoulders. They started to massage me slightly. Without me knowing, a smile formed on my lips. I was just about to turn around and give her a hug when an idea suddenly came up to my mind. How far would she go to wheedle me?

                I shrugged my shoulders, making her hands fell to her sides. I turned around facing her, heading to the bed when she suddenly spoke up.

                “I’ve prepared some food for you,” she said in her sweetest tone– scratch that, for me, she has always been talking sweetly.

                “I’m not hungry,” I said, trying to sound as if I couldn’t care less about her presence there. I got onto the bed and pulling the covers on top of me with my back facing her side. Then I heard the door clicked – she’s out. After a good 5 minutes of wondering what else she would do, the door clicked again, indicating she’s back. I closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep. I could hear the crumpling sound of the bed sheet as she got under the cover with me. It was silence.

                “Jonghoooon-ah,” suddenly she shook my arm a bit. I ‘groggily’ opened my eyes before turning around. I raised an eyebrow, asking what she wanted.

                “Uhm, could…you…uhm…uhm.” Why is she acting weird? And I swear her cheeks were pink.

                “Humm?”

                “I…uhm…it’s cold…and…I can’t sleep,” she said. I hid my smile as I knew what was she attempted to do.

                “And…?” I purposely acted dumb, asking her to continue with her sentence.

                “Can you uhm..hug…me?” she said ever so softly. Her action forced me to smile without me knowing. I put my hands around her and pull her closer. I rested her head on my arm. She squirmed a bit in my arms, trying to find the most comfortable way to lie. Looking just how innocent she was, all the anger in me was washed away.

                “Goodnight, Jagiya,” I said as I pecked her forehead.

 

 

A/N: Annyeong yeoreobun! Chapter 1 is up! How's it? Hope you guys like it! Do comment and subscribe, ne?