Due Date

Babbles of Prince B and Mr. Park

Due Date

Length : Drabble (2015)


"Chanyeol, don’t go on that business trip," Baekhyun asks Chanyeol softly.

Chanyeol barely looks up from his computer. “I have to Baek. It’s important.”

Baekhyun’s hands curl nervously. “Yeol, I’ll be due soon…”

"Baek, I’ll be back in time for the birth. I promise," Chanyeol says without looking up at his concerned husband.

Baekhyun’s lips tightens. “Chanyeol, please—”

"Baek," Chanyeol snaps finally, "I have to go. I have no choice—I have to get get these sponsors on board for the company! I told you I’ll be back in time to be here for you so stop badgering me!"

"Did you have to yell?" Baekhyun asks trying to mask the hurt.

"I had to or else you wouldn’t have heard me," Chanyeol says in a frustrated voice as he runs a hand through his hair. "Leave me alone right now, Baekhyun. I need to plan and this trip is stressing me."

Clenching his fists, Baekhyun grits his teeth. “You wanna talk about stress?! I’m the pregnant one! Don’t talk to me about stressful when you’re not the one pregnant with a frustrating husband!”

Chanyeol snaps his head back around. “You are pregnant, Baek, so don’t stress yourself out by yelling at me over stupid !”

Baekhyun had enough.

“Oh, I can’t yell at you because I’m pregnant, but you can yell at me, your pregnant husband!?” He bites his lips. “ you, Park Chanyeol. you—you’re a ing brute. I just wanted you to be here for our first child, but if a god damn business meeting’s more important then fine. Go.”

Stoic faced, Chanyeol curled his hands into fists. “Baekhyun, I told you I’ll be there when it happens.”

"Whatever, Park Chanyeol. You do what you want," Baekhyun says before he leaves Chanyeol’s work office.

 


 

Five days after Chanyeol’s departure, Baekhyun goes into early labor. Despite how they left things off, Baekhyun still wanted Chanyeol to be there, but no matter how many times he tried to call his husband all the way across an ocean, the phone was never answered.

When Chanyeol finally had the time of day to check his cell, he saw that a few international calls were made over to him. 10 of the calls came from Baekhyun’s cell, but nearly 20 came from the hospital.

He later found that Baekhyun had gone into labor. When he phoned Kai, who had also called him, he learned that Baekhyun had gone into labor crying out for him.

When Chanyeol finally returns home and rushes to the hospital, Baekhyun has tubes stuck in his arm and he has a very tired look on his face.

"Baek…"

Baekhyun glanced up but looks away from his husband, too tired to try.

"Baek, honey…"

Chanyeol tries to touch Baekhyun’s arm, but Baekhyun pulls away as if he’s been touched by fire.

"Baekhyun…"

"Go away, Chanyeol…"

Chanyeol can’t see Baekhyun, but when he slowly turns Baekhyun’s face towards him, Chanyeol sees that his small brunet was crying.

"Go away. I don’t want you here ."

"Baek—"

"You told me you’d be there. You promised me, Chanyeol." Baekhyun’s voice cracks. "But you weren’t—You weren’t here. I wanted you here, but you weren’t…You promised me you would, Yeol. You said…you said…"