TL: New Light

Babbles of Prince B and Mr. Park

TL: Mpreg 7


The morning was awkward, but Baekhyun didn’t stick around for long. He knew Chanyeol wanted him to stay home, maybe rest from yesterday’s event, but he couldn’t do that. Chanyeol left for his own work in sour, depressed mood. It wasn’t uncommon for him to arrive that way, but it was different that particular morning.

“What would you do if Luhan got pregnant?”

Sehun almost choked on his coffee. “What?”

“Luhan. What would you do if he told you he was pregnant?”

For a second, Sehun said nothing. Then, he asked, “Is there...something I should know about? Did he tell you anything?”

“It’s hypothetical.”

“Chanyeol, if you’re saying Luhan is--”

“He’s not!” Chanyeol groaned. Why he even bothered trying to talk to someone, he didn’t know. “I’m asking you what you would do if he was!”

Sehun gave him a cautious look. “I’d be happy.”

“Right?”

“Right…?”

“And how do you think Luhan would react?”

“Don’t you have work?” Sehun muttered.

“Answer the question.”

“He’d be happy, I guess? A little inconvenient at this point, but he wouldn’t be mad… I don’t think.”

“Right!?”

Giving the giant a look, Sehun cocked his head.
“Are you okay?”

“No! I’m not. Goddamn it…” Chanyeol clenched his jaw before closing the door to his subordinate's office. He was no help. As always.
-
-
Baekhyun planned on ignoring every single one of Chanyeol's calls and texts but the giant never made any call or text. He decided it wasn't worth being upset about. Not like he wanted to be bothered when the shop was so busy.

Smiling, Baekhyun went about cashing one girl up on the register who gave him a letter after the transaction. Her head was bowed down, eyes nervously looking up at him. "I wanted to give this to you."

"Oh? What is it?" He already knew what it was. A love letter. A confession. It was very sweet to him despite his relationship status. "Can I read it right now?"

Blushing at his teasing, the girl shook her head. "No. That's embarrassing."

Baekhyun laughed, reaching out to pet the girl on the head. "Alright. Then, have a good day at school. Don't be late."

After she left, Baekhyun took the letter and put it on the counter.

-

-

Chanyeol found Baekhyun in their bedroom that evening after leaving work early. He was sleeping, curled up on the bed with the covers off to the side. Muttering a curse, he moved, quickly covering the brunet with the cover he neglected to use in the first place.

Baekhyun stirred and Chanyeol paused for a second when he saw the vixen's eyes fluttering. Without a word, his brown eyes opened, looking up and meeting Chanyeol's hazily for a few moments before Baekhyun grabbed the cover, holding onto it tightly and rolling over to turn his back towards his offended boyfriend.

It took a lot not to say anything. Chanyeol had to remind himself that Baekhyun was pregnant. Prenatal health was important and the first few weeks of pregnancy were critical.

Pursing his lips, he left the bedroom without commenting or saying anything under his breath. It wasn't worth it.

-

-

Baekhyun didn't eat dinner, pissing Chanyeol off when he saw that the brunet hadn't touched the tray he left outside their bedroom door. Even more pissed when he tried to open the bedroom door and found the door locked.

He knocked on the door once, trying to remain as calm and level headed as possible. "Baek? Baekhyun."

"What?"

At least he answered. Chanyeol put his hand on the handle. "Open the door."

"I'm changing."

"When have we ever locked doors when changing?" There was no answer. "Baekhyun."

Suddenly, the door swung open. Baekhyun stood on the other side dressed to go out casually. "I'm...going to go somewhere."

"And where is 'somewhere' exactly?" Chanyeol asked, putting a hand to the wall. "You haven't eaten."

"I know, but I just... Yeol, I'll be back. I won't be out long." Baekhyun mumbled, leaving the room and stepping over the tray that Chanyeol had put out. "I'll see you in two hours or however long."

"Baekhyun, tell me where you're going out at...ten? Ten at night!" Chanyeol followed after. "What's so important at this time? Is it the shop? The shop can ing wait for you to eat!"

Grabbing his wallet from the kitchen counter, Baekhyun turned back to face his angry boyfriend. "I'm going out to get something. It's nothing personal against you. It'll be quick."

"Two hours is not ing quick," Chanyeol growled halfway before stopping when Baekhyun stood on his toes and kissed him along the curve of his lips. Holding the brunet by the waist, he kept him from moving away. "Tell me where you're going--and it better not be some back alley abortion clinic."

The expression Baekhyun gave him was confusing. It almost made Chanyeol scared that what he was was exactly what Baekhyun was going to do. But then, Baekhyun put his hand on Chanyeol's chest.

"I'm going to go find something else to eat, because... you can't cook for ." Sighing, Baekhyun dropped his hand. "And I'm tired so I don't feel like cooking."

Chanyeol would take not being able to cook over any type of abortion any day. Relieved, he looked around for his cell phone. "If it's that, then why go out? We can order in... Plus it's safer than going out and... Hold on."

"Chanyeol--"

"What do you want? We can eat here. Together, I mean."

"You don't have to do that, Yeol," Baekhyun insisted. "I was going to go take a cab to--"

"But you can stay here. We can watch tv. Sit on the couch..." Pausing, Chanyeol gave him a look. "Unless you don't want to eat with me?"

"That's not what I meant. I just-- You're busy. With work and everything, so--"

"You are, too!" Chanyeol argued.

"Didn't you leave work early for some reason? You have things to do to catch up." Baekhyun ran a hand through his hair. "I'll be fine. You haven't even dressed out of your suit yet. Go take a shower. Sorry for hogging the bedroom until now."

"I want to eat dinner with you. Late dinner. Besides, I can shower and relax while we wait for the delivery. "

With his shoulders relaxed, Baekhyun sighed.

"Do you know what to order for me? Soup. I don't care what kind..." He rubbed his eyes and walked into the living room, lying down on the sofa. "Hot. Something spicy..."

"Okay..." Chanyeol glanced at him. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

They weren't talking about their last fight. And Chanyeol felt like he had a victory over the brunet for once. But something was wrong. It was like an obvious crack no matter how they avoided the situation.

Excusing himself, Chanyeol made the call to a restaurant they often ordered from when going out or cooking weren't options. Afterwards, he joined Baekhyun, sitting on the floor next to the sofa.

Neither spoke for a while until Chanyeol turned his head and looked at Baekhyun's tired face. "Remember high school?"

"Mhm..." Baekhyun hummed slowly. "Why?"

"I'm just thinking about it... You used to like Sehun. Hard to believe you'd like him over me."

"You're so full of it."

Laughing, Chanyeol reached over and touched the brunet's face, moving aside his hair. "You were so small... And dumb. That was my locker, but you still thought it was Sehun's. Very cute of you, vixen."

"Shut up. I really thought it was his."

"And if it was, then what?"

"Maybe I'd be dating him." Baekhyun scoffed, closing his eyes to Chanyeol's touch. "Why’re you bringing up these embarrassing things?"

"Because I'm thinking about how far we've come. Now we're here. In our condo. Waiting for food. Expecting a baby." Chanyeol stopped for a second. "A baby that's ours. Yours and mine. You don't have to worry about the future because the past has already proven that no matter what, we've always been able to overcome everything."

"Yeol..."

"We can deal with my mom later. If something happens and we break up, then we can handle that, too."

Baekhyun opened his eyes. "Chanyeol, please."

"I love you so much, and I'm sorry if I'm pushy because of the baby news, but I'm just trying to convince you to worry less." Chanyeol got up, sitting on the edge of the sofa. "You're mine to take care of. What the hell do you think I work for? I would stay here and you all day but I have to work or else we won't have any place to ."

"That's really romantic of you," Baekhyun said, quietly scoffing.

"Seriously, Byun Baekhyun. Don't worry so much about the baby and raising it. We'll cross it when it get there." Chanyeol leaned over and kissed him just above his brow. "If we can and make a baby, we can be great parents, too. We might even add a sibling--WHEN we're more ready. And married. I wanna get married before we make another one."

For a while, all  Baekhyun did was stare at him. It made Chanyeol wonder what was running through his vixen's head. There was a second when he thought Baekhyun would turn around and ignore him again, but that feeling disappeared when Baekhyun touched him on the forehead, pushing him away teasingly.

"In times like this, sometimes you look different to me."

Different? How? Frowning, Chanyeol cocked his head, pushing against the finger. "I'm not less handsome to you, am I? You can't say I'm not good looking. I'm Park Chanyeol, you know."

"And now you look the way you always do." Snorting, Baekhyun put his finger down.

"I don't get it--"

"You don't have to," Baekhyun said. After a moment, he shrugged. "It's just... Sometimes you get this look on your face like you're actually..."

"Actually what?"

"Like you're actually grown up." Immediately after confessing the words, Baekhyun looked away. "Sometimes, you're like your old high school self. Except now you have a job. But other than that, still immature."

"Same goes for you!" Chanyeol defended. "You're still stubborn and you make me ing mad whenever you think you can handle something by yourself like it's a bad thing to ask me for help. I'm not here just to you and move on, Baek. You still haven't learned to lean on me. You don't even use our bank card."

"Ugh. Whatever. For a moment there, you actually seemed like a baby daddy to me. Forget what I said."

"Are you still moody because I'm not in the right mind to fight tonight." Chanyeol reached down, holding Baekhyun by the chin and forcing him to look at him. "Are you going to apologize for hurting my feelings yesterday?"

"When did I hurt--"

"When you said that a baby means you'll always be connected to me somehow," Chanyeol said. "That it's a commitment you're scared of having. I get it if you're scared, but why would you be scared of me?"

"Yeol, I'm sorry..." Baekhyun paused. "I didn't... explain well enough. In the event that we do break up, you know how terrible it'd be to continue having to see you because of a child? All those recurring memories of us and your stupid promises of forever coming back and reminding me that we failed. I don't want to face that."

"You won't have to...because I'm never going to break up with you," Chanyeol said in a quiet voice, pressing his lips against the corner of Baekhyun's open mouth. "I'll keep you with me until we die, and I'll make sure I love you so much, we end up having thirteen kids or something."

"Oh my god, you're really--" Baekhyun stopped talking, occupied by Chanyeol's tongue in his mouth. "Something, Yeol. Really."

Grinning, Chanyeol shifted his body, getting on top of Baekhyun's small frame on the sofa. "You wanna have ?"

"God, you're annoying," Baekhyun muttered, yet continued to let Chanyeol nuzzle his neck. "I think, one of these days, I'll have to buy you a blow up doll. Or a fleshlight."

"Why buy those when I have you? Nothing beats Byun Baekhyun's --so I've heard. World renowned, actually." Chanyeol laughed. "A lot of passengers can back me up. Your is the only thing I wanna see in turbulence on my--"

Shushing him, Baekhyun shook his head. "One more airline joke and I'm leaving you for someone I met in Spain. I still have his number." Seeing the look on Chanyeol's face was worth the lie. "He already asked me to marry him, too. So, one more terrible joke and I'm taking the first flight over to be his wife."

"No."

"Then no more airplane jokes."

"Fine--but no more talk about this Spain guy." For a second, Chanyeol was quiet. "It'd never work out anyways. There's a language barrier."

" doesn't need a language."

Chanyeol's eyes flared. Then, his hands grabbed Baekhyun by his stomach and began tickling the male as a form of revenge.

"Almost four years later and you're still breaking my heart."

"--stop! Yeol, oh my god, no--I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" There were tears on the rim of Baekhyun's eyes. "No more Spain guy. Promise."

Satisfied, Chanyeol stopped. "Good." He dropped back down against, squeezing himself on the sofa by lying on his side and holding Baekhyun with his arm. "He wasn't even real anyways."

"Contrary to that, he actually is real," Baekhyun said carefully. "We flew first class back around my first year with the airline. Yeol, you might be a millionaire, but he was royalty. And he did flirt... I could've been royalty."

"You would've been royally dead if I ever found out," Chanyeol muttered. He hugged tighter. "When are you going to marry me ?"

"When the right time comes."

Chanyeol groaned. "Better be soon."

"Then you should start hoping..."

"Hn." Setting his chin on top of Baekhyun's head, Chanyeol hummed. "Next Saturday. Take work off. Please don't argue with me on this. Just, for once, do this for me."

"Why..." Work was important to him but Chanyeol sounded so serious.

"I want to take you to a doctor. Get a physical. Then we have to talk to a nutritionist, get some advice on your diet because I know you," Chanyeol said. "Either you skip meals or you eat only a little bit. It's not good. But after that, I'll take you on a date. We'll start looking at some baby products and buy baby books. Then we'll go to the park and sit somewhere. Relax, because we never relax and we never spend time outside together anymore. We need a breather. I feel like the fact that we only see each other in here makes us moody. Okay? Does this sound fun? Parenting can be fun, you know."

"You want me to take a day off for that? Fine."

The answer came too simple for Chanyeol to take. "It's that a sure 'fine' or you're saying 'fine' to get me to shut up?"

"I'm saying fine, I'll go spend the day with you."

"Really?"

"Yeah," Baekhyun mumbled.

"You won't ditch me? You always ditch me."

Rolling over, Baekhyun met Chanyeol's eyes and tilted his head up, gently pressing his lips against the giant's. "You should shut up before I change my mind."

"Alright, vixen. Whatever you say."