NI: Winter Wonderland

Babbles of Prince B and Mr. Park

** Note: This /IS/ canon, meaning this does take place in the NI!verse and within its timeline post-NI1 **


“Yeol, I don’t understand why--out of all the places in the world--you decided we should go to a ski resort for our vacation.”

 Chanyeol tossed the thick gloves he had in his hands over the complaining brunet. “Because we need a change of scenery. We live in a beach house, so it wouldn’t make sense to take a vacation in some place like Hawaii.”

“Well, it doesn’t even have to be Hawaii,” Baekhyun argued. “Maybe, like..Tahiti or the Caribbeans. Why couldn't we go on a Disney cruise? Or--”

“Because it’s all the same. Have you even ever seen snow before?” Chanyeol asked, rolling his eyes.

“Yes, actually. My father took the family to Greenland once, mainly to show my mom that she was being a cold , but that’s private family matter.” Stuffing the gloves inside the tight side pocket of the suitcase, Baekhyun looked to his left and smiled at Nugget who was trying to pull out one of Chanyeol’s socks. “You like his socks, huh?”

“Baekhyun, stop letting the dog make holes in my socks.”

“I’m not.” 

Bopping Nugget on the nose, Baekhyun gave the dog a stern look. “Stop it.” Then, he winked. “I mean it.”

Groaning, Chanyeol shook his head. “Just finishing packing. You better be done by the time I finish my skype call to the office. We need to get a move on or we’ll miss our flight.”

“Whatever you say, boo.”

Stopping in his tracks, Chanyeol turned around, staring at his fiance who was humming ‘My Girl’. For a moment, he thought about saying something, but then soon gave up on the idea as soon as he heard Nugget toot and Baekhyun stop to shush him.

-

-

If there was one thing Baekhyun wasn’t used to, it was the freezing cold. As fun as it was walking through the snow from their lodge shuttle bus to the front entrance of the main building, he soon realized that the jeans he was wearing underestimated the amount of snow that would melt and seep through.

Nugget practically dug his own tunnel through the snow just to keep up and Chanyeol found himself amused by it all as he helped the driver carry their suitcases in.

“Baek, since you’re not carrying anything, go check us in.”

Stomping his feet on the rug, Baekhyun got rid of as much snow as possible. After Nugget finished shaking his stubs and body, he stood next to Baekhyun’s feet, ready to follow wherever his dad went.

“Fine,” Baekhyun said. As he began to walk to the reception area, his eyes spotted a few handsome looking men in the lobby, speaking to one another. Instinctively, the brunet straightened his posture and walked with more… suave.

“Good afternoon, sir. Do you have a reservation?”

“Yes. It’s under Park Chanyeol, my fiance.”

“Alright, let me just sign you in. May I have a card for the room insurance and a photo I.D?”

“Sure.”

After a quick moment, Baekhyun’s belongings were returned to him along with the cards to the their shared suite. “Thank you!”

“Enjoy your stay!”

Nugget trotted alongside Baekhyun as his father walked back towards tall man.

“Got the keys now let’s go up so I can change!”

“Uh huh.”

“What?” Baekhyun asked, taking one of the rolling luggage cases from Chanyeol so the man didn’t have to carry all of their belongings. “Why’d you roll your eyes.”

“I saw the way you walked, hon.”

“I’m flattered--”

“But I also saw who you were looking at.” After he pressed the elevator button to go up to the suite, Chanyeol cocked his head. “Barely even day 1 and you’re already trying to make me jealous?”

“To be fair, is better when you’re angry.” The elevator doors opened and Nugget was the first to enter. “And from what I hear, our suite has a California king.”

“We’re here on vacation and that’s the first thing on your mind?”

Baekhyun shrugged as he followed the dog. “Condoms were the first things that I packed.”

Scoffing, Chanyeol stepped inside and pressed their floor number. Once he doors closed, he turned his eyes down on Baekhyun. “We don’t even use condoms.”


a/n: 3am write. gnite lol