You and I

Babbles of Prince B and Mr. Park

Title: You and I
Length: Drabble
Rated: G
Genre: ANGST I guess
Summary: Baekhyun’s an art student. Chanyeol does football. 
A/N: it’s 3am and I wrote this in my phone because YEAHAHHH


“Why did you leave yesterday?”

Baekhyun jumped, turning around and meeting eyes with peering giant. The quarterback looked unhappy and visibly upset, but Baekhyun only bit his bottom lip down and turned his eyes away. 
“I just... I wasn’t having fun at the party.”

“You could’ve told me that instead of leaving all of a sudden,” Chanyeol argued. He was mad, and it was noticeable, but he wasn’t so much as annoyed about Baekhyun leaving the party as he was about how the silver-haired male was acting. “You just left.”

“I know—“

“And if you weren’t having fun, I would’ve taken you home—or at least, somewhere else.” His hands were curled into a fist, but he kept them by his side.

“I didn’t want to bother you,” Baekhyun muttered, shutting his locker door. “It’s not that big of a deal.”

“You didn’t want to bother me, but you let Jongin drive you... Am I right?” Jealousy was in his voice and he didn’t try to hide it. Baekhyun was already aware.

“He’s my friend.”

“And I’m your boyfriend.” Chanyeol’s jaw locked. “I should be the one to drive you home. I should be the one you rely on.”

“You were drunk, Yeol—“

“I was sober, Baek.”

Baekhyun was silent and it stretched for a few seconds before he finally looked into Chanyeol’s eyes for the first time. “I just... I don’t think that... whatever this is... It’s not working.”

Chanyeol seemed stunned. “What?”

“You and I... We’re not supposed to be together, you know?” Baekhyun knew by the look I’m Chanyeol’s eyes that he was starting to tear athlete apart, but it seemed so inevitable. “That stuff—partying and everything about it— It’s just not me. I don’t like that stuff and I don’t...”

What was he supposed to say? I don’t like your friends? They don’t like me? 

Baekhyun pursed his lips. “I just don’t think we compliment each other...”

“Why?”

“Why?” The answer seemed like such an obvious answer and yet.... “Because you’re... You’re you and I’m just some kid in the art department who likes to dye his hair a lot.”

“What does that have to do with anything?”

“It just does, okay? Look... I’m sorry. I have to g—“

Just as he was leaving, Chanyeol reaches out and grabbed his wrist. “What happened?”

“What?”

“What happened?” Chanyeol repeated. “What happened at the party?”

“Nothing,” Baekhyun said—almost too quickly. “I told you. I wasn’t having fun, and you were busy doing whatever, so I just... I just asked Jongin to come and pick me up. He did. Then I went home and I slept.”

“While I spent a good hour looking for you.” Chanyeol let go. “Do you have any idea how worried I was? I checked every room of that damn house.”

“I’m sorry—“

“I thought something had happened, but it turns out you just left without telling me.” His chest was heaving and Baekhyun could tell Chanyeol was beyond upset and angry, all in one. “And now, the day after, you’re breaking up with me.”

Baekhyun said nothing.

“Something happened that you’re not telling me,” Chanyeol started as he took a step back. “But if this is honestly how you’re going to deal with it... then fine. Whatever it was that happened, I don’t want to know.”

“That’s fine...”

His jaw clenched. “Really? That’s all you have to say?”

“I’m going to be late, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun said, desperately wanting to leave. 

“Wow... Fine. Whatever. I have practice. I’ll see you around,” Chanyeol muttered, giving the male one last look before turning around and leaving.