TL: Always Second

Babbles of Prince B and Mr. Park

"I almost lost you, Baekhyun!"

God, how lucky it was that Chanyeol shut the door. Baekhyun bit his lips knowing he deserved every bit of Chanyeol's anger.

"And you know what else I could've lost? A child. Before I even had the chance to KNOW I was going to be a father."

"I know you're mad, Yeol, but listen! I was... I just needed time--"

"Time for what?" Chanyeol asked. "Time to plan out a grand surprise for me?"

"No, Chanyeol. I--"

"And what the hell did Kyungsoo mean by 'abortion clinic'?" The giant's voice turned dangerous. "I called him to tell him you were at the hospital and he became frantic about abortion and how he should've tried to stop you! He thought you were going to get rid of it... Why? Did you say something about that to him? Were you honestly thinking about terminating?"

"No, Chanyeol, stop..." Baekhyun inhaled, eyes still tired. "I wasn't... I swear--"

"Like you swore you were sick with the flu? Or how nothingwas wrong?" Fists clenched, Chanyeol pulled a chair and dragged it near the blonde's bed. "If you had gotten an abortion behind my back, Baek, I would’ve… Goddamnit--I would've never forgiven you.”

“I wasn’t seriously thinking about it,” Baekhyun offered weakly. “Chanyeol, you have to understand, I don’t think I’m ready--”

“So just like that, without even talking to me--much less inform me that I was going to be a father-- you were going to make the decision to--”

“I said I wasn’t going to!”

“But it on the table for you!” Running both hands through his hair, Chanyeol leaned forward, looking at the ground. “You are so lucky, Byun Baekhyun. If Luhan hadn’t heard the crash in the goddamn kitchen and called 119, things could’ve been worse. But I don’t know how I feel right now. Pissed off at you for ing lying to me about your pregnancy and for blacking out at your job, but I’m also really ing happy you’re fine and the baby’s fine--, I’m a mess.”

“Park--”

“Do you know how ing scared I was when they called me? They said you hit your ing head and knocked yourself unconscious.”

“I know--”

“How could you know? You out,” Chanyeol interrupted harshly, raising his head.  “And this?” He reached over, placing a hand on Baekhyun’s stomach. “I didn’t know about this until the doctor was telling me, ‘It’s okay, the baby’s fine’ and I must’ve looked like a ing idiot telling him you weren’t pregnant.”

“Sorry,” Baekhyun said, putting his hand on top of the giant’s. For a second, he felt Chanyeol pulling away, but in the end, he kept his hand right where it was.

“Why didn’t you say anything to me about this?”

“I… I don’t know how to be a parent, Yeol,” Baekhyun said quietly. “I only see you at night if we’re both lucky enough to be awake at the same time, and I get up too early in the morning to do anything with you. And what’ll happen when the baby comes along?”

“We make it work. We’ll hire a nanny--do something, Baek. Not just give up before even trying. What the hell!”

“A nanny? Chanyeol, we’re not--”

“I had a nanny and look, I’m fine--”

“You have the ual libido of a rabbit. You’re not fine, Chanyeol.”

“Blame my drive on my hormones, not the nanny.” Chanyeol turned his hand palm up and gently grabbed Baekhyun's fingers. "I'm pissed off as , so don't mistake this hand holding thing as... as me not being mad. I just.... This is too surreal--I'm gonna have to make changes, Baek. Hell, we have to get married."

Immediately pulling his hand back, Baekhyun gasped. The heart monitor spiked. "No!"

"Byun Baekhyun--"

"Don't! I don't want to marry you. Not this way, Chanyeol. Not because I'm pregnant."

"Baekhyun, I want the child to be legitimate."

"And I want to get married because you want me , not because of legal business..." Baekhyun was shaking. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry for not telling you or mentioning the clinic, and I'm sorry for the accident, but just... please, don't make me marry you. Please."

For a second, Chanyeol's anger simmered down. "Don't think of it like that... I would marry you either way, pregnant or not."

"But it's not the same."

"How is it not--"

Bitterly, Baekhyun shrugged. "You didn't even give me a proper proposal... Getting told 'Let's get married' in a hospital, without a ring, in the middle of an argument isn't... It's not what I want..."

Reluctantly, Chanyeol pulled his hand away from Baekhyun's stomach, though his eyes couldn't be torn from it. "Fine. For now, no marriage, but I'll ask you again in the future. That's a given, I swear to god."

"I know--"

"But about this baby. I'll cut my work hours--"

"No." Baekhyun hated it when the giant idiot went that far. "I don't want you to cut work."

"I'm gone from eight in the morning 'til ten at night! Sometimes eleven or twelve! Especially on nights I want to be with you!"

"But you have responsibilities, Chanyeol!"

"Why do you always do this!?" Chanyeol snapped. "Always putting yourself second. Now our baby, too. Work is work, it'll always be there, Baek, but not you. I could lose you at any time. I don't want to put work over you and our family!"

"But your family's company is more important, Chanyeol. It'll always be. Just like how your family will always be more important than ours, okay?"

"No."

"Park--"

"You're wrong," Chanyeol said shakily. "They'll never be more important than you... You're mine and you, our child, and I make up the only family I want. Don't you dare think you're in second place. Got it? Baekhyun. Do you understand?"

It took a moment, but eventually, Baekhyun nodded. "Yes..."

"Good..." They stayed silent until Chanyeol stood up. "I'll let you rest... The doctor said we can go in a few hours, but I want extra care done to make sure you're absolutely FINE. And this time, the doctor will be speaking directly to me--in case you're hiding another child somewhere."