NITL: Rain

Babbles of Prince B and Mr. Park

NITL: Rain
Sypnosis: Love transcends through time. And storms.

A/N: In 2015, I wrote NITL: Inverse, which was a short drabble about NI!Baekhyun and TL!Baekhyun switching places. Last night, I wrote a continuation drabble and this is it so sorry for trash but what else do you expect from me lol I usually dont like to write [ setting ] but it was kind of necessary. ENJOY ps: happy 5 years with exo ♥

 



[ The Letter ]

Chanyeol woke up to a new Baekhyun. A different Baekhyun. Ever since that thunderstorm two days ago, the brunet was acting weird--AND he was brunet, not blonde.

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun said, jumping on the bed, which he usually never did. "Ah, well... Look-alike Chanyeol. I have a question."

It was too early in the morning to be woken up in a loud voice. Usually, it wasn't such a big deal but that was with the OTHER Baekhyun. His Baekhyun, not this one... "Go ahead."

"Do you have any robots I can use for scraps? Maybe?"

The giant blinked. "What?"

"Like, robotic parts? I'm hoping to maybe make a weather machine somehow... I haven't done the math yet. I don’t even know if it’s possible--oh, wait! Yeah, it is, actually, but not through a weather machine.”

This Baekhyun liked to talk. A lot. Especially about science and robots and other things that were...odd.

"I don't... have robots.” Clearing his throat as he sat up the bed, Chanyeol looked at him. “I have a toaster if that helps.”

Baekhyun frowned. "Aren't you a CEO?"

"Yeah...?"

"Then why don't you have--"

"Because I'm in Pharmaceuticals. I do medicine, not…”

“s?”

Chanyeol blinked. He was pretty crude, but it was weird having Baekhyun be just as crude and inappropriate. Was that how it felt whenever he made ual remarks? No wonder blond Baekhyun always got so annoyed.

“Sure. Handy jobs. I don’t tinker with things… If you need help finding parts for whatever, just use our credit card--”

The giant stopped. Did he just offer his credit card to a stranger? Technically.

Unlike his Baekhyun, this one had no reservation about taking up the offer. “Okay!” the brunet said, hopping off the bed (literally hopping). “It’s the black card in your wallet, right?”

“The one with gold accents.” Honestly, what was he doing? Just because the man looked like his vixen, it didn’t mean it was him… But Chanyeol couldn’t help it. “Don’t worry about the cost… I guess.”

“If you say so,” the latter sang. “Anyways, I’m going to be using your laptop, okay? I’m going to browse online. I also made you breakfast and bought cheesecake from the store across the street. Oh! And someone called saying that we need more red velvet batter for the bakery but I hung up. I think they got the wrong number.”

Chanyeol grimaced.

-
-

[ Not Intended ]

"So, who are you, exactly, and what do you do?"

"I'm a baker."

Chanyeol stared at the man. Baekhyun would never bake. At least his Baekhyun wouldn't.

"And you?"

"Robotics."

"Wow. You're actually smart?"

The sarcasm was similar but not the same. It wasn’t as...stupid. More mean. Chanyeol wasn’t used to that. "Where's Baekhyun? My Baekhyun."

"Listen, I don't know." The blond man sitting across from him in his home was... genuine. But even Nugget knew. The little guy was hiding behind the couch, growling quietly. "Maybe it had something to do with the storm? But that's impossible."

"Bark!"

Baekhyun glanced at the pup. "You need to socialize that thing."

Chanyeol actually agreed but Nugget's social life wasn't his concern. "Fine... I guess until we figure this out sooner or later.”

“Can you figure this out sooner as opposed to later? I have things to do,” the blond said, frustrated.

Taken aback, Chanyeol raised a brow. “I have things to do, too. Getting my fiance back is one of them. So, if you want to actually help, maybe you can start by getting me some coffee.”

Baekhyun stared back at him. “Why can’t you get your coffee yourself?”

“Do you want to go back to wherever you came from or not?” Chanyeol retorted. “If I’m going to be doing all the heavy lifting to get your home, then the least you can do is help me stay up.”

“It’s only eleven in the morning.”

“My sleep schedule’s not that normal around this time, alright? Now quit arguing with me.” Chanyeol got up from the seating area and turned to begin walking towards his work room. Nugget stood up on his paws as well and began to follow (which was also odd).

Behind him, Baekhyun sighed. “Fine. How do you want your coffee, then?”

“Black.”

“Funny.”

Turning his head back, Chanyeol frowned. “What’s funny to you?”

Shrugging, Baekhyun began walking to the kitchen, only meeting Chanyeol’s eyes once when he glanced over. “You both like your coffee black.”

-

-

[ The Letter ]

Even though brunet Baekhyun gave off a stupid vibe, Chanyeol couldn’t disregard that the only thing the short thing could talk about was fact-based science.

“So, let’s say that the storm did rip the universe a new and switched me and baker me into each other’s world.”

“Uh huh.”

“What if we recreate the storm?”

Chanyeol looked over at the brunet from the papers that he was suppose to be approving, but was instead getting distracted by the man sitting in his office. “And how do you do that?”

“Well, there’s seed clouds. They use it sometimes for agriculture, especially in area where there’s little rain--at least, scarce for the most part.”

“Then do you want me to call someone to buy you seed clouds?”

Baekhyun frowned. “It’s not proven to be effective. Besides, I don’t know how it works all that much. Maybe it does something to the air particles that makes it cooler, because, you know. Cool air holds less water than warm air, so if they somehow cooled the air, maybe they’d be able to induce rain at a specific location--Ah, I don’t know. I didn’t do much reading about it. Maybe just once but, ugh!”

Sensing the brunet’s frustration, Chanyeol changed the subject. “Okay, then let’s not do seed clouds. What else can we do?”

Baekhyun stayed silent for a while before exhaling. “We can make a tropical rain forest and grow some trees… Then, maybe after a few years, we’ll get rain… Why’re you making that face? It’s been proven that the more trees are in an area, the more likely you are to get rain. It’s called the water cycle, you dumb bum. Water evaporates from the trees and gets recycled until it’s returned back to the forest...What?”

“We don’t have a few years to grow trees, Baekhyun.”

“Then do you have any better ideas?”

Silence.

“Then leave the brainstorming to me.”