TL: Anniversary Tension

Babbles of Prince B and Mr. Park

They didn’t speak for the rest of the night and that bothered Chanyeol. A lot. But Baekhyun did talk to someone on the phone. In the bathroom. Without him. That was bothersome, too.

Not that Baekhyun had to share every aspect of his private life with him, but Chanyeol would’ve at least liked to be filled in sometime. Then again, he never filled Baekhyun in on all the people, both men and women, that he talked to in private, so really, he shouldn’t have been complaining.

But he was.

And he was miserable. A little bit.

-

-

It wasn't supposed to be so gloomy on their anniversary morning. For 's sake! Chanyeol rolled over, staring at Baekhyun's clothed back facing him. It irritated him that they were so miserable when they should've been having morning .

Chanyeol gritted his teeth. The vixen's shirt had ridden up and the giant had the urge to reach out and pull it down but he stopped, thinking that he probably shouldn't. Then it came to him. Why? Because it was awkward as sleeping in the same bed with someone he was currently fighting with?

Cursing, Chanyeol knew he was pushing his luck but he moved closer, slipping his hand underneath the shirt, slowly feeling the brunet's soft stomach. He kept it there for a moment until he felt the tense reaction. Realizing Baekhyun was awake, Chanyeol bit his lip as his hands drifted even more south. His fingers played with the band of Baekhyun’s underwear until he decided to take the risk and go past that boundary.

Before his entire hand disappeared down to Baekhyun’s most private parts, the brunet’s hand shot down to grab Chanyeol’s by the wrist, pulling it away from him. Normally, Chanyeol would’ve retreated, but he decided against it.

Overpowering the latter’s hold, Chanyeol wrapped his arm around Baekhyun’s waist and pulled the vixen closer to him until they were back to front. He waited for a minute, listening in case Baekhyun had something to say, but he didn’t. Chanyeol didn’t know how to interpret the silence, but nonetheless, settled against him.

"Good morning." As expected, he didn't receive a response. "I think we both overslept…”

“You don’t think?”

The sarcasm wasn’t ideal, but at least it was something. Grinning, Chanyeol hugged tighter. “Are we still mad at each other?”

The question was said gently as though the giant was afraid to touch the subject, but Baekhyun relieved him of the anxiety and shrugged. “I don’t know.”

“Why were you upset with me?” Chanyeol asked directly, deciding to cut corners.

“What makes you think I’m upset at you?”

What…

Chanyeol’s mind was screaming. There was a mental list of all the grievances and heartbreak the brunet had given him over the weeks, but the giant held off. “Well, for one, you didn’t want to celebrate our anniversary.”

“For reasons.”

“Which you won’t say, so what am I to think except that I’m doing something wrong.”

“You’re not doing anything wrong, Chanyeol. You’re fine…”

It was hard to decipher whether that was good news or bad news. Frowning, Chanyeol asked, “Then what is it?”

“It’s nothing.”

“Why do you always say it’s nothing!?” He didn’t mean to sound so angry. It just came slipping out.

“Because it’s really not, Chanyeol. Now will you just stop?”

“Baekhyun--”

Putting his hands on Chanyeol’s arm, Baekhyun, irritated, attempted to move it away from him. “What exactly are you worried about? Because you’ve been acting weird, getting all moody and nosy all of a sudden and I can’t even…”

If Chanyeol didn’t know any better, he would’ve thought he had hearing issues. Moody? Nosy? With jaws tight, he voluntarily pulled away and sat up, surprising the brunet beside him who turned his head back.

“I’m the one acting weird? Who’s that guy you keep talking to, hm?”

“Chanyeol, what’re you--”

“You’re always talking to him on your phone and you always have to walk out of the room whenever it’s him. You don’t do that when you’re talking to Kyungsoo or Luhan. Just him, and I don’t even know who the this guy is!”

Annoyed, Baekhyun sat up at the same time Chanyeol left the bed, striding over to the brunet’s side. “Chanyeol, for the love of ing god, can we just not fight? It’s eight in the morning!”

“That’s rich. Like we don’t fight all the time anyways?” he said bitterly as he walked up to the table beside Baekhyun and took the latter’s phone, unplugging it from its charger. “Let’s see.”

“Chanyeol!”

Stepping to the side, Chanyeol created a buffer space. “I’m guessing he’s the one you didn't bother writing a contact name for? What the is this?”

Snatching his cellphone back, Baekhyun threw the covers off of him and got up. “You’re unbelievable, Park!” he yelled, making the giant freeze in his place as Baekhyun walked past him. “You make me so ing angry. Why the hell do I even try.”

What!?” Following the brunet out, Chanyeol was fuming. “What the hell do you mean why do you try when I’m the one here being ing played with!”

“I’m not playing with you!” Baekhyun snapped. “You don’t understand, and you’re making me feel like complete right now, Chanyeol.”

“You know what? I’ve been feeling like this for ing weeks!” Chanyeol grabbed him by the wrist just before they reached the kitchen. “Who the hell is he? You can’t even answer that, can you?”

“I can’t because--”

“If you have some ing side boyfriend, then just say it!” It came bitterly and harshly. Chanyeol was aware, but Baekhyun didn’t look affected... “If you don’t then just--”

“You think I’m cheating on you, don’t you?” Chanyeol heard a crack in the vixen's voice and watched as Baekhyun’s eyes softened. “That’s why everything I do seems suspicious to you...It’s because you think I’m…I...”

Cursing underneath his breath, Chanyeol immediately knew the answer to his own accusation, but before he could amend anything, Baekhyun pulled his hand away.

"Baekhyun, I'm..."

"I wasn't planning on going to work today, because I had things planned...Things that I had planned with the help of an old friend, someone in the...never mind. Forget it."

"Baek." Chanyeol's lips tightened as Baekhyun his heel and headed back to the bedroom. "Baek, I'm sorry."

"Get dressed, Chanyeol. You're going to work, too."

"Not until you--"

"I'm not in the mood to fight with you anymore! Now, for the love of god, get--"

Chanyeol stepped inside the bedroom and locked the door shut. "No."

"Chanyeol, stop." Baekhyun narrowed his eyes. "Stop wasting time and get ready."

"We're both wasting time and no, I'm not going to work and neither are you. Either we kill each other in this goddamn room or we end up ing like animals on the bed. It'll end one way or another, but we're not walking out of here without ing talking."

"Chanyeol, I'm not going to--"

"Talk or strip. Your choice."