It's (not) a date

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I looked at myself in the mirror, turned a little to the left, turned a little to the right, moved closer to the mirror to check if my makeup is alright. I moved away from the mirror again and tidied my skirt.

You know that scene in the movie where a girl tried everything in her closet to look nice for a date and you groaned in your head, rolled your eyes and made a mental note that you would never do that.

I did that too.

That was before this stupid blond asked me to go with her.

 

No, Not a date.

Girls don’t date each other.

We…hang out. Yeah, I mean girls hang out with each other, right?

 

I remembered the other day as I was at her place. I was playing with Jackjack and Gongju as she suddenly sat herself next to me.

“Hey, Krys…”

“What?” I instinctually scooch away from her as our arms touched.

 

It has been a while and my heart always makes this strange irregular movement each time we get too close with each other. I even went to the doctor and he was laughing out loud as I told him the symptoms only happen around one person. He even patted me on my shoulder and said “You are perfectly fine. Have fun”

How was that supposed to be helpful anyway?

Whatever, doctors are weird.

 

Amber looked at me with her bright eyes “Do you already have any plan for the weekend?”

“Why?” I swallowed my saliva.

“Want to go with me to the lantern festival?”

 

I raised my eyebrows at her words “You… me… lantern festival?”

Amber nodded enthusiastically.

I snorted and laughed, but stopped immediately as I saw Amber’s face turned sad

“Don’t take this wrong, Amber. It’s not that I don’t want to go with you, but you don’t even want to talk to me when someone else is around and now you are asking me to go together to a festival where there will be like everyone from the school?”

“No one from Saint Hope ever go there”

“What? Why?”

“Too many people”

“Well, you rich kids don’t go there but my friends always go there”

“Oh, come on, Krys, it will be so many people there, no one will ever notice us. Please?”

“And what if someone do see us?”

“it won’t happen. Please, Krys, please?”

Tell me how to say no to those beautiful big eyes, full of hope and excitement.

“Fine…” I said “You’re the one who wants to keep our friendship a secret anyway. At least of someone sees us that means I can talk to you at the school too”,

“Cool” Amber lifted Jackjack in the air “Give me your address, I’ll pick you up at 7?”

 

I wasn’t really listening and said “Hmmm”. It took me a few seconds before I realized what she said.

“Wait, what did you say?” I think my voice was a little too high

“I’ll pick you up at 7”

“Eh, that’s… maybe not a good idea”

Amber put Jackjack down and looked at me “Why?”

 

I didn’t know how to explain it, I don’t even know why I have to. I mean I go out a lot with Sulli and Luna. My parents don’t really like the idea of me dating, but it is not a date, I mean Amber is schoolmate, A girl. But deep down I know if my parents see Amber, they might be a little worried. My Mom and Dad are open minded, at least I think so. I think they will be fine with a girl who likes to wear guys’ stuffs.

And suddenly I can relate to what Amber said. About how people like to put people in a box, judging them without even trying to get to know them. Even if my parents won’t forbid me to go with her, I can already imagine the 1001 Q&A session afterwards. And for the love of God, I really don’t not in the mood for that.

“Having a second thought what your parents might think about us being friends?” Amber grinned

I didn’t want to lie to her “A bit. Sorry” I felt bad about it. “They are really cool parents. It’s just.. Umm” I lost my words. I don’t know how to explain without hurting her or without making Amber think that my parents are very close minded.

“Don’t think about it. I understand” Amber smiled “Should we meet up somewhere?”

I gave her my address, she grinned and said “I’ll wait on the corner”

 

And here I am, trying every clothes I have and almost break my head from it. Each time I looked myself in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter