My heart, her feeling and his love

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I guess sometimes what you need is a slap on the face to wake up from whatever dream you were having.

Having Lee in person here and seeing him with Amber is like a slap from reality that I need to move on.

 

The news that we have a handsome exchange student from Taiwan spread like fire. It didn't even take 24h to get the girls swoon over the new guy.

Amber is being oblivious about his existence, like always she didn't say a thing and disappear on first break. Probably to the roof. Lee on the contrary stayed in the class and walked to the cafeteria with the boys (and of course giggling girls behind them). I can't deny he has his charm, he got along with our classmates with no time, he politely answered curious questions.

My friends and I sat in the overcrowded cafeteria, everyone wanted to take a look of the new student. Our tables weren't so far away, I could hear how he was bombarded with questions. Some of those questions made me rolled my eyes, but he just smiled politely and answered the questions. Until a question made my heart beat faster. A girl came to him, leaned over and said "I heard a rumor"

Lee looked up and smiled to the stranger "Rumor?"

"Yes" she was very pretty with amazing body, it was obvious from her body language that she likes him "This ridiculous rumor. That you and that Amber are together. That must be a joke, right? I mean you and Amber? Come on" she said in a mocking tone.

Lee showed another bright smile, he didn't seem to be annoyed or mad "That's true." he said calmly "Amber is my girlfriend"

 

As it was unbelievable for most, for me it was all I need to hear. At that moment, I closed every door I ever opened to Amber, even that it hurt so much at that moment but I was relieved at the same time.

Closure.

That was exactly what I needed.

 

I think I was doing not bad after. Sure, there was still this pain when I saw her walking next to Lee, or when Lee stayed to watch her play basketball. Yes, Amber did make a few 'friends', I mean I doubt that they hang out or something but she joined the street basketball team. She got along better with the boys than the girls, or maybe the boys are less complicated. They see that Amber is excellent at basketball, they even won a few games. They don't care that Amber never hang out with them afterwards or that she never talked much. They respect her for her skills and it was enough for them to get her in the school team.

 

Luna begged all of us to watch the friendly game after school, which I reluctant to agree but decided to come. I need to face the truth anyway. The faster I get over her, the faster I can move on. We went together to watch the game and I have to say Amber is really good at her game. Our school lead by 10 points on the break. I turned my head and tried not to see as Lee placed a towel on Amber's head, receiving a loud "Awwwwww" from the crowd. 

 

Yes, they even have their shippers at school. 

 

The teams are getting ready for the second round as I heard someone called my name.

"Soojung!"

I looked around, trying to find the source as I saw Chanyeong oppa.

"Oppa!" I waved at him, he approached me with a big smile on his face.

"Hey" he said and sat himself next to me.

"What are you doing here, Oppa? No class at college today?"

"Yeah, I only had early class today. I heard our school is very good nowadays at basketball, I need to see this" 

I smiled at him. I could hear Luna and Bomi giggled behind me, but I didn't' really care. Chanyeong Oppa is a very nice guy but he's not for me.

"How are you, Soojung?"

"I'm fine, Oppa. And you? Having fun at college?"

"I think I'm doing ok for the first two months" he answered with a smile.

 

The referee blew the whistle for the second round.

"Oh, it started. I better go to my friends. You take care, Soojung" He patted my head

"I will. You too, Oppa" I smiled at him.

 

At that moment there was loud commotion at the field and I turned my head to find the referee tried to break both teams who were yelling and screaming at each other. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter