Father and daughter

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you very much" Amber took Jackjack in her arms and bowed deeply to the nurse. I bowed too. Gongju was so excited to see Jackjack again, it was hard holding her in my arms.

The nurse smiled and bowed back "You are very welcome. Please take a good care of him"

"I will" Amber answered.

We took a cab back to her apartment, the moment we let Jackjack and Gongju down, they were rolling happily and each other's faces. Amber just shook her head and grinned seeing how the dogs happily chased each other.

"Hungry?" she looked at me

I nodded.

I watched her went behind the kitchen counter, opening the fridge and took out the ingredients. I silently watched her preparing our dinner, it might be my mind tricking me but I seriously think that she is perfect. Her eyebrows, her eyes, her lips, her smile, her strong jaw, her long fingers, everything about her is just perfect. Amber felt being watched, she lifted her head and ask "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I said grinning

"Are you impress with my skill?" She grinned dorkily

"Maybe..." I said to her and pretended to be busy looking at my fingernails

Amber just laughed and continued making dinner. As she concentrated on cutting the ingredients again, I stared at her again. Amber lifted her head again noticing that I was staring again and I just showed her my teeth. She shook her head and muttered "I have such an odd girlfriend"

'Girlfriend'

My heart fluttered hearing it.

 

I can't stop staring at her and suddenly I burs "You're so beautiful"

Amber's ears got red and her face went red too "W-What?" she said

"I said you are beautiful" I repeated

"Did you hit your head?" Amber rub her ears "Or is the helmet too small and you didn't get enough blood flow in your brain on your way here?"

"My head is just fine" I answered "People can be beautiful in their own way. And you are beautiful to me"

Amber rubbed her ears again "It's weird hearing it. Nobody ever said that before"

"Because they are a fool," I said and popped a grape into my mouth

"Are you flirting with me, Jung Soo Jung?" Amber grinned

"I only did it so you'll make me delicious dinner" I got up to grab the cutlery but before I went to the table, I stood upon my feet and bit her ears before I whispered "You are mine anyway"

Amber giggled at my action. At dinner, I asked her about her dad but she just shrugged her shoulders. He came home when he felt like it and they never get in touch by phone or message. After dinner Amber took me home on her bike, as always I stopped at the corner so no one can see me getting off her bike.

"See you tomorrow at school," she said

I nodded and landed a kiss on her cheek before I walked home. Amber waited until I went inside my home.

 

My mom and dad were already busy with their laptops. I kissed them both on the cheek and excused myself in my room. They didn't suspect that I was spending so much time with Amber. They always think that I spent time with Sulli or Luna.

"How's school?" Dad asked

"Good," I said

"How are Jinri and Sunyoung?" Mom said from the other end of the room

"They are fine" I shouted from the bottom of the stairs

"Are they still dating their boyfriends?" Mom asked again

"Yes"

"Jinri too?" Mom said

"Yes"

"I know it's not my place to judge but I don't think they match" she continued while her eyes still glued to her laptop

"How do you know they not match? Have you seen him?" I said to her

"Well, no. But her parents told me that he is way older than her. I heard he's around 30 already"

"Mom," I said to her in a warning tone

"I know, I know," she said hurriedly "It's not my place to comment on their relationship"

"Now that is how perfect parenting sounds like" I joked and was about to make my way upstairs as suddenly mom shouted, "When are you finally going to date someone, Soojungie?"

 

My dad choked on his coffee while I tripped on the step and almost fell down if I hadn't held on tightly on the rail.

"Soojung isn't interested in such thing, right Soojungie?" Dad looked at me with big eyes

"I was just saying, you know," Mom said to him "Her best friends are already dating, I'm sure she already considered about dating too"

"Maybe I already am" I answered, curious how they would react

My mom and dad stood up and ran to me at a speed that I didn't think possible how people their age.

"WHAT?" they both said in unison "WHO? HOW? WHEN?"

I grinned seeing how panicked he looked and answered "I'm dating my prince charming on his white horse and he's going to kill a dragon for me"

"Ahhhh" they both looked relieved "Understood"

"I love you guys" I smiled and slowly went upstairs

 

As I went upstairs I heard Mom told Dad "Is it healthy for a girl her age to still have an imagination like that?"

Dad answered "It's better like that then having a real boyfriend for now. She's still too young. You heard how kids these days are. I heard a daughter from my friend at the office got pregnant. She's 16 for God sake"

"Oh my God" my Mom shrieked "16?"

"Yeah," Dad said

 

I wondered once more how would they react if I told her about Amber. I mean with Amber they don't have to worry about getting pregnant part, but the part her being a girl isn't really something that most parents would accept. Besides, Amber and I  don't really do anything more than kissing until now. Not that I don't want more...

Kyaaaakkk Krystal Jung  What are you thinking?

I went taking a bath, getting my books ready for tomorrow, I texted Amber goodnight before I finally went to bed.

 

 

The next few weeks were quiet except for the street basketball team finally won the final and they were busy with the photo shoot and interviews. Amber reluctantly agreed to team photo shoot but politely refused to do radio and magazine interviews. Apparently, street basketball is booming on high school kids and everyone wants to make their own teams. The principal even proposed for the school to make a national street basketball competition, held at the school.

Amber helped with backstage things like invitations, posters, print-outs and even a web page for the competition but she was never keen to be a spokesperson even though the principal thinks it would be 'lovely' if she would join because it would be good for the promotion seeing a girl on the team. I don't mind watching her working because she looks even ier when she has this serious look on her face. That afternoon Amber concentrated on fixing a glitch on the website while I just hanging around and played with Jackjack and Gongju. Sulli sent me a text asking me where I am and I just answered 'with a friend'. Her answer was  

I just shook my head as I saw it and continued playing with the puppies again.

 

"What are you doing?" I was startled as Amber placed her arms around my waist and kissed my cheek.

"Playing" I answered shortly

"Sorry" she planted another kiss on my cheek while tightening her back hug "The principal wants it done by tomorrow"

"It's okay," I said "I have Jackjack and Gongju with me"

Amber made a sad face and I couldn't help but laugh. I turned my head around and locked my lips on hers. I only intended for it to be a short kiss but Amber chased after my lips and placed her hand on the back of my head to prevent me from breaking the kiss. I didn't mind. I even didn't mind as Amber somehow lifted me and carried me to her bed. I didn't even think for a second for us to stop making out as Amber put me on her bed and climbed on top of me. My breath got ragged but it's not from having her weight on me but from her lips on my neck and her hand on my waist. For the first time in my life, I felt like my clothes were in the way, I wanted to feel skin on mine. I want her to take off my clothes and I want to take off her clothes. Amber's kisses got more demanding and I gulped as her hand slid inside my shirt, touching my bare side. My head got light from her touch and it felt amazing. I didn't want it to end but suddenly Amber abruptly pulled her hand out of my shirt and got up.

"Sorry," she said

I was actually disappointed, not because she started but because she stopped. I forced a smile on my face and sat on her bed.

"I'm gonna get us some cold drinks," she said and walked away.

'Stupid' I said in my head. I don't want cold drinks, it's you I wanted.

 

Frustrated, I got up and looked at her CD collection. I found something I liked, I put on her beats headphones and the volume loud to distract me from what had just happened before. I was dancing with my eyes clothes to the song as I realized that Amber still hadn't come back so I decided to continue with the second track. I frowned as I saw Jackjack and Gongju busily barking at Amber's door. I took off the headphone but didn't hear anything. What I didn't know at that moment is that Amber's room is soundproof. You can't hear anything from outside the room and vice versa, you can't hear sounds in Amber's room from outside.

The way Jackjack and Gongju barked at the door made me curious and went to them.

"What's wrong?" I lifted them but they resisted. They went back barking at the door. My heart sunk. I didn't hear anything but I know that something is wrong. I lifted Jackjack and Gongju even that resisted and placed them in their cages to prevent them barging outside the door. If this is what I think this is, I don't want them to get hurt like last time.

 

Please don't, please let me be wrong. I repeated the words in my heads as I opened the door but it was just like I dreaded. I screamed as I saw threw his fist at Amber, throwing her to the ground. I ran to her but not before he landed his kick on her side as she curled up her body.

"Stop" I screamed and knelt beside her, my tears were already flowing "Stop hurting her"

"Go" Amber whispered while holding her side, her left cheek was already swollen from the punch and her lower lip was broken "Hide"

"You again" Mr. Liu looked at me. Just like last time I could smell the alcohol on his breath

"Don't hurt her anymore" I stood in front of Amber and stretched my arms. I was shaking like mad. He looks even taller and bigger than he really is in the distance. "She's your daughter for God's sake"

Mr.Liu just laughed "Young miss, that is exactly the point, she's MY daughter so I can do anything with her. I'm teaching her a lesson, so get out of my way"

"Stop hurting her," I said in a trembling voice but that only made him madder. I could only close my eyes and braced myself for the pain as I saw him swinging his huge hand at me but before I felt the pain, I heard Amber grunted and the next thing I heard was a loud thudding sound. I saw both of them off the ground, Mr.Liu stumbled on the kitchen counter while Amber slowly got up, gritting her teeth while still holding on her side.

"Don't you dare touch her" Amber hissed at her father

Mr. Liu was drunk, that's why Amber was able to ground him by charging on to him. He actually didn't expect Amber to fight against him. Amber walked back to me, she pushed me gently, telling me to go behind the pillar.

 

"Hold this" she whispered and placed something in my hand. I realized it was her cellphone, the camera was on recording.

Amber stood in front of me as Mr. Liu slowly got up and walked towards us

"You dare to hit me?!" he shouted

Amber spit the blood in "I don't care what you do to me, but I won't let you hurt the ones that I love"

Mr. Liu let out a laugh "You want to play hero in front of your girlfriend, kid? I could kill you both without even blinking." He sneered "Not bad though, I didn't think you do have the guts to face me"

"You want to know why I never even try to fight you back?" Am

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter