Turning points

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I automatically craning my neck as I saw Amber with the puppies in her arms, which Amber noticed.

“Are you expecting something?” She raised her eyebrows, looking behind her.

I blushed “Eh, nothing, it’s just that…” I cleared my throat before I continued “I kinda expecting 101 puppies”

Amber sat herself next to me. The brown puppy whined.

“I didn’t expect you to be a cartoon fans” Amber said, gave the whiny brown puppy to me “Hold her please” she said “Why would you expect so many puppies?”

“Eh…. That” I felt stupid but didn’t find it necessary to lie, besides I’m curious anyway “I mean, you have those bruises from saving them and you… ummm… comes now and then with bruises, so…” I didn’t finish my sentence, assuming she already understood my point.

“Oh…” she blinked a few times “This is the first time I have bruises from doing something good”

I didn’t know what to think of her words, does that mean she does like to fight? That her bruises normally come from fights? I didn’t want to ask further, if she wanted to tell me more, she would. I decided to rest the case for now.

 

I noticed how empty the place is, There was no picture, no accessories. The furniture was fine and expensive but the place feels cold.

“Your parents is working?” I tried to keep my tone as normal as possible, I didn’t want her to think that I’m noisy.

“Dad works a lot, abroad mostly.” She answered while playing with the black puppy, apparently she named him Jack Jack.

“Your mom works a lot too, I guess?” I scratched the white brown puppy in my hands, which lazily yawned, enjoying the scratches.

“Mom left” she answered shortly, not making eye contact.

“Abroad too?”

Amber stopped playing with Jack Jack, looked at me “No, I meant she left us” she forced a smile

I can feel the pain in her voice “I am sorry” my voice trembled, wasn’t sure what to say.

“Not your fault. Everyone has their limit”

 

Sometimes I feel her words have other and deeper meaning but I felt I wasn’t close enough with her to ask for details.

“So you mostly alone at home?”

“Yes” she nodded “You have siblings?”

I shook my head “Only child”

“Do you feel lonely sometimes?”

“Not really, my mom and dad are always there for me. I have friends that are like sisters to me”

“You’re lucky” she got up “You want something to drink?”

I nodded “Yes, please”

“What would you like?”

I wasn’t sure so I came to her and looked what she had in the fridge. Oh my God, she has everything in there, I chose green tea.

“Let’s go to my room” she suggested “I need to feed them” she pointed to the puppies, they waggling their tails following our steps.

 

Her room was really big, it was more like a small 2-room-apartment. She has a living room on her own where she kept her game console, TV, guitar and weights. Her bedroom is more like a boy room, it was in black and white. A bed and a shelf.

Just like the living room, there are no pictures, not even hers. But there are quite a lot of trophies. Taekwondo black belt, Karate, Rubic cube… now that’s cute.

 

“You do a lot of martial arts” I said

“As I was younger, yes”

“How come those bullies managed to hurt you if you can do martial arts?” I slurped my green tea

“Ah, one of them threw Jack Jack to the air, I had to catch him. One of them hit me on the back of my head and I was too dizzy and too worried that the puppies might get hurt if I fight my way”

“You do realize that you might be dead if anyone didn’t show up?”

“You came and I didn’t die”

I rolled my eyes “Hypothetically….”

Amber blinked while slurping her coke. Hhhhhh that stupid look again. How can she be charming at one point and be the biggest stupid at the other moment?

 

“Hey, wanna watch a movie?” I heard Amber said

I wanted to say no and just go home but she one of a movie I always wanted to see and still haven’t have the time to.

“Omg, can we watch this?” I screamed and leaped next to her.

“Sure” Amber said “Sit down”

 

Amber went out and came back with a bowl of popcorn in her hands.

It was like in a movie, her room is sound proof with an amazing home theater system. I didn’t even have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter