Not even a goodbye

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I blinked a couple times as I heard her words, my heart raced as I looked in her eyes. Those beautiful big brown eyes looking back at me, pleading, waiting for answer.

“I… I….” I lost my words, my eyes wandered to her lips and I unconsciously bit my lower lip.

Amber noticed that, she moved forward, closing the distance between us.

Amber placed her hand on my cheek, it gently with her thumb before she leaned closer and tilt her head.

My knees went weak at the proximity, my head spun and I can’t think straight. I could feel her warm breath on my face, she stopped and waited for a while, waiting for my response. I didn’t move away, I couldn’t move away, I think I just went brain dead at the moment.

 

The blond girl in front of me leaned even more closer to close the gap between our lips, I felt her lips slightly brushed mine as I finally regain the control of my brain. I placed a hand on her chest, pushing her away.

“Don’t make this even more complicated than it is already is, Amber” I said painfully.

Amber stopped, she took a deep breath and moved backwards “Sorry” she murmured.

 

I know you don’t lie about how you feel about me, I see it in your eyes. But why, Amber? Why are with someone else when you feel this way about me? I gritted my teeth and said “I better go”

Amber stood at her spot as I started to walk towards the door. Each step I took felt like a knife cutting my skin. I bit my lip until it bleed. It hurt so much not knowing. It hurt even more knowing that she felt the same about you but she chose to be with someone else.

I can’t…

I need answer.

 

I turned back to her, holding my tears as I said to her “Why, Amber?”

Amber lifted her head to see me.

“If you feel this way about me, if you are not lying to me…”

“I’m not…” Amber cut my sentence

“Then why?! Why are you still with him when you know, if it is not him that you love?”

And then there’s this silence again, she just stared at the floor.

“What is it that you’re hiding? What is it that you can’t tell me?” I came closer to her, trying to get her answer but not a word came from .

I smiled bitterly “I guess I am not good enough for you”

“NO!” she shouted “Anything but that, Krys. You are too precious, someone like me doesn’t deserve you” she avoided my eyes again

“Isn’t it also my decision to decide if you deserve it or not?” I looked at her, trying to read her expression.

“I will only hurt you. I am worthless” Amber gritted her teeth.

She looked so broken, so hurt.

I cupped her cheek “Who broke you like this, Amber? What happened to you? What are you not telling me?”

“Krys…”

 

 

At that moment where I thought she was going to open up, the front door opened. Amber frowned, her body went tense and looked at the front door direction.

“Dad” she said as a tall man approached us.

 

Dad?

So this is Mr. Liu?

No wonder that Amber is so beautiful and handsome, Mr. Liu is a very handsome man. Tall, good build, with strong jawline. Just like Amber’s.

I tidied my clothes, trying to look decent with my dissheveled clothes, soaked from the rain.

 

The man stopped in front of us. I find it odd how Amber reacted. I mean when my Dad got home, I always run to him, gave him a hug or leaped into his arms. Amber on the contrary, she stood there, she even moved in front of me, as if she wanted to shield me from him,

But then again, there are family who are not very close to each other. I think her Dad traveled a lot, maybe that’s why they are not that close.

I had to move a little bit to the right because Amber was blocking me. I bowed to him and politely introduce myself “Hello, my name is Jung Soojung”

There was no answer from him. I smiled awkwardly.

“Who are you?” he said.

I was confused, I wasn’t sure how to answer that.

“She’s a classmate” Amber said and for the second time, she moved in front of me, shielding me from her dad which I found very strange.

“A classmate?” He raised his eyebrow “You have friends?” she said in a mocking tone

 

I frowned at his answer and looked at Amber. She was just staring back at his Dad, I could feel the tension in her body gestures. For me, it doesn’t feel like they are related, it even felt like Amber is on a defense mode, as if they are going to fight any minute.

What is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter