A beginning... at the end (Part 1)

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I felt my every muscle in my body froze as I heard 'I'm gay'. The commotion in the hall felt unreal to me. It felt like I was dreaming. Did she just come out in front of everyone? The crowd was talking loudly, I felt Luna shook my body but I was too busy with my own thought. Maybe I was imagining things but I could have sworn that she took a nanosecond glimpse at me before she sat in the back and quietly waiting for the interview to end.

After that it was too awkward for the principal to continue to the event, everyone was talking to each other wondering if what she said was just a joke to irritate the principal or was it a confession? I felt my phone vibrate inside my bag, it said 'Amber' at my display and as I opened it, there was a single word displayed

'Sorry'

I couldn't write back because Luna was being her normal busy body. A few minutes later the Principal ended the event and everyone was busy again with the theme 'is she or is she not?.' I was trying not to be a part of this conversation but it's impossible to do that if you have Park Sunyoung as your best friend.

"I'm sure it was a confession' she said confidently 

"Is this conclusion have the same probability margin as your theory why people glow?" Sulli . 

"Well, this one has to have a 100% margin" Luna grinned before she continued "Because that way, I have a chance with her" 

That made us laugh

Bomi placed her arm around Luna" Seriously, being gay doesn't mean she is going to have interest to anyone without a you know. I don't think Amber has any interest in having a midget as a girlfriend"

" YAH!" Luna pouted "I am one of a kind you know"

" So is the lemur in the zoo" Bomi again and dragged pouting Luna with her. 

I was laughing with them but my mind was with Amber. I wanted to be with her right now, I want her to know that she is not alone. I don't know how Rome and the other guys think. I excused myself pretending that I had a stomach ache. I wrote to Amber to ask her her whereabouts but she didn't answer so I decided to wait at her apartment.

As I walk walking there I turn my head as I heard a motorcycle behind me. I stopped walking knowing it was her. She stopped next to me and took off her helm.

"Hey," she flashed her flawless smile. Her eyes were not smiling though. 

"Hey," I said and placed my hand on her cheek "You okay?"

She shrugged and gave me a weak smile "Sorry about what happened."

"There is nothing to be sorry about" 

"Still..." She sighed "I should've thought better."

"We will be just fine" I took her hands in mine 

A smile form on the corner of her lips "So what you say? Want a ride?"

 

I nodded but at that moment my phone rang and it said 'Umma'. I showed her and she gave me a sign to answer it.

"Umma..." I answered the phone

"Soojungie" Umma's voice sounded worried "Where are you?"

"I'm... ummm I'm..." I was looking for an excuse but before I came up with any my mom continued "Sunyoung called asking if you were feeling better. I didn't know that you guys already dismissed from school. She said you had a stomach ache" 

"Ah... that. I'm fine, Umma. I stopped by the supermarket to get myself some tampons, my period is unexpectedly early this month"

"Ahhh" Umma's voice relaxed as she said that "Should I pick you up? Where are you? Let me make you fennel tea. I know how much you like fennel tea when your stomach is acting up. It must be all the stress from the exam"

"I'll be home very soon, umma. You don't have to pick me up. I love you. See you at home" 

I hang up and looked at Amber, she looked at me gently "It's okay, I'm okay. Let me take you home. Don't want to make your mom wait and get suspicious that you are spending time with an unwanted person"

"Amber!" I slapped her arm

"Just joking, I know you want me even though I'm 'undesirable no 1 in the world" she grinned and handed me my helm

"Pfft, don't overestimate your charm" 

"I don't" she climbed on her bike "I just need it to work on you"

"What is with the extra cheese today?" I scolded her and slapped her back but couldn't help to giggle under my breath

 

As I went home my mom doted on me, I did feel guilty about lying to her but I know it is not the best time to tell her about Amber. When our plan works, when we both finished our studies and have respectable jobs, I think we can convince them better to except us.  I spent hours with Amber that night on the telephone, she told me that Rome and the guys were cool about the thing she said at the interview. Jackson even said he is broken-hearted because he kinda had a crush on her but told her that he will keep it straight into bromance from now on. I was glad as I heard it, I guess there are people who are open-minded, but it will still be me and her against the world. The world... maybe I can face it, my biggest fear is still my parents. What if someday I have to choose between Amber and my parents? What if even though Amber and I did good in our life, they will still not approved of our relationship? Merely because we are both girls?

 

The next morning as I walk walking to school hand in hand with Sulli, a guy blocked our way.

'Krystal Jung" he called my name. I recognize him as on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter