Our little secret

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Don’t bother.

So she doesn’t want to talk to you, big deal.

Why do you have to bother?

 

I tried to tell myself that but I can’t deny how much I was hurt from earlier.

C’mon, so you saved her, she invited you to her place, doesn’t mean that you’re friends, right?

I just thought she is different.

Jesus, Krystal, stop being so hurt about it.

Forget it.

If she doesn’t want to know you, you are not at loss.

 

As the school ended, I walked to the gate with my friends

“Soojung, you’re not coming?” I noticed a bit of disappointment in Luna’s voice

I smiled but shook my head “Sorry guys, I am just not in the mood for movies”

“You sure?” Sulli repeated

"Yeah"

Sulli looked deep into my eyes “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m just tired, I guess. I’m going to go to bed early and I bet tomorrow I’ll be as good as new” I forced a big smile while actually my heart is still aching from that stupid ert.

I waved my friends goodbye and watch them went through the park while I chose to walk on the side street, walking slowly while taking deep breath, arranging my thought, getting that stupid out of my mind.

“Krys!”

I turned my head as I heard someone called my name and I saw that ert blond on her bike, she took off her helmet and screamed again “Krys, stop, please”

 

Pfft, talk to my hand, I ain’t gonna stop for you.

I walked faster.

She drove her bike nearer “Krys, please, stop. Let’s talk”

I hate myself because each time she called me “Krys”, my heart raced, but I was determined to have nothing with this stupid anymore.

 

“Krys… wait”

I went right to a small playground for children to avoid her.

“Please wait…” she begged.

 

I don’t care or more like I tried not to care and just went faster. I knew she couldn't get her bike here.

I frowned as I felt someone grabbed my hand and I tried to break free.

“Let go!” I said sternly to her

“Can we talk, please?” she pleaded and still not letting go of my hand.

“Sorry, do we even know each other?” I said sarcastically

She let go of my hand “I am sorry, but I have my reason. Don’t be mad”

“Don’t flatter yourself, I am NOT mad, why should I be mad at someone I don’t even know. I am not wasting my energy” I screamed from the top of my lungs.

“I am sorry…” she repeated again “Can we talk somewhere else?”

“Why? Ashamed to be seen at the same place as me?” my voice got even higher

“No… nothing like that.” Amber bit her lip “Don’t take this the wrong way. Please, can we go somewhere else? To my place?”

“No” I answered shortly “And you don’t need to explain, you don’t need to worry that I might say hi to you in public again because I won’t”

“Krys… you misunderstood”

 

Okay, I almost melt as I saw her eyes, she looked like as if she was really hurt but I took a deep breath and determined myself that I don’t need this. I don’t need someone who’ll mess with my head like her.

“Goodbye, Amber” I said and started to walk away.

She ran after me and stood in front of me, took my hand in hers.

And there goes my stupid heart again, racing like doing a 100m sprint at her touch.

 

“Would you at least listen to my explanation? At least give me the chance to explain?” I could feel that she was nervous.

I could at least do that right? I talked to myself

“I’m listening” I’m trying to keep my voice calm.

“I am sorry for what happened, I heard you called and yes I didn’t answer deliberately”

Before I made a comment, she continued “It is not you, Krys. It is me. Because people judge and put other people in shelves without even knowing the person, without knowing the reason or the other side of the story” She took a deep breath before she continued “I know what people think about me, a girl who refused to wear girls’ stuffs. How they talk about me looking for fights and beat people up. I mean who would talk to a delinquent like me? I just… I just don’t want them to judge you.”

“Didn’t it ever come in your head that maybe being ignored by you hurts more than being judged by people that I don’t even know and don’t even care?” I looked at her.

I could tell that she was surprised at my answer

"Did you?” I repeated myself

She shook her head, her voice turned sad “It’s not easy going against the stream. People break, they will reach their limit and leave.”

She stared at the ground, I could barely hear her “I don’t want you to break, Krys. I don’t want you to leave”

 

And I melted at her words. Who are you really, Amber? You can be tough, you can be tender, you can be adorable and vulnerable at the same time, which one is the real you?

“Stupid” I said

“Huh?” She stared at me and blinked, didn’t expect that coming from my mouth

“I said you are stupid!”

“What? Why?” she whined

“Just because”

“Does this mean that I am forgiven?”

“Go figure that out yourself” I rolled my eyes

She smiled and said “Thank you”

“What for?”

“For listening”

 

Uh why is she so adorable?

“Krys…” she called my name.

And why the hell it sounds so good when she says my name like that?

“Want to come to my place? We can watch a movie”

I hesitated, I mean I am still a little bit hurt with what happened.

“I’m sure Jackjack and Gongju are going to be happy to see you again”

 

Oh, sure, use the innocent puppies.

“I’ll cook for you” she said again, trying to persuade me.

I stared at her and said “I want meat”

“Meat it is” she showed her perfect white teeth.

 

Why am I like this? I disliked her and the next minute I couldn’t help to like her. I said that I didn’t want to have anything to do with her and now I’m following her steps to her bike.

Amber reached for something on the other side of her bike and I was surprised to see a pink helmet.

“I thought this will be more suitable. You know, your hair…” she said awkwardly.

 

This girl…

Did she pick a helmet that won’t ruin my hairstyle? I couldn’t help but to feel happy that she noticed small things a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter