Relevations

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah, yah, let me see too!" Luna tried to make her way to the front but there are too many students blocking her way. She jumped up and down to take a glimpse of the announcement board. We did first trials before the CSAT Simulation, to see how well we already prepared ourselves. Everyone is eager to see how well they did.

Sulli scanned the board and nodded in satisfaction as she found her name "Better than I expected" she said. Bomi, Eunji and Hyeri all sighed after seeing their result.

"Jesus, guys, help me, will you?" Luna whined and kept on jumping up and down but she didn't get to see the result

"Should I get you a ladder?" Hyeri earned a pout from Luna as she suggested it.

Sulli looked for Luna's name and found it on her a few row below her "You are doing fine, Miss Park. But Soojung, you did very well. Top 50. Wow, I never expected this side of you"

I grinned. Ssul, if you only knew how hard it is to spend time with Amber and studying instead of watching movies or going for a walk or making love. Amber and I, we decided to step up to another plan. Actually I was the one who came up with the brilliant idea. I figured if we want to try to be independent, we should score high on our CSAT to be able to choose any university we want in the future. Amber is more flexible, she said she would enter any university as long as we can be together. I on the other hand, wasn't so keen to move far away from home but after I considered it, it might not be a bad idea. Amber and I could rent an apartment together and try to settle on our own. After a few days, I kinda regreted my decision. It was no big deal for Amber to learn all the stuffs for the CSAT, it was almost like she has photographics memory. I needed to read at least three times to be able to memorize at least 50% from the content. Moreover, I was always bad at math. I felt like crying as I was doing the math assigment. I could see how Amber smiled as she saw me sighing as I tried to solve the problem. After a while she sat next to me and explain the way to solve the problem. She had to repeat it twice until I finally understand. She guided me through the test and at the end I didn't find them scary anymore. Amber had a way to explain things in simple ways so even I who hated math so much could easily understand. I couldn't believe how easy it was for her to do the whole test. It seemed she didn't even have to use her brain for it.

Normally I ranked on the bottom third of the school. Sulli was always the best one from all of us. I was proud of myself that I reached the top 50. I scanned the board again for Amber's name, starting from my name upwards. Before I could find it, Sulli said "Oh wow, look at that. Amber is on 2nd place"

"WHAT?" Luna screamed next to me

My jaw dropped as I really saw her name on the 2nd place just below Seo Juhyun.

"You don't think she cheated, do you?" Luna whispered

I gave her a death glare. How dare she said that about my girlfriend. Luna didn't notice my death glare and kept on mumbling how it was possible for Amber to get 2nd place.

"Amber is actually pretty smart" Hyeri said "She was always top of the class as she were little. Things changed since her mom died, though."

"Yeah" Eunji added "She won some math and science competition too"

"Seriously?" Luna looked at them with big eyes "Wow, I think I'm deeply in love now. She's like a perfect speciment to marry"

I giggled at her words. If you only knew Luna, if you only knew...

 

"Hey, watch it!" Hyeri cursed as some boys bumped into us as they looked at the board. They checked the board and left again without even apologizing. "Pfft, they might be good looking but they have no manners what so ever" Hyeri rolled her eyes

"Didn't one of them try to hit on Krystal?" Luna tried to reminesence

"One of them did?" I didn't even remember

"Yeah" Sulli answered "You rejected him"

"Oh, I did?" I grinned "I did well then"

"Yes, you did, sister" Luna patted my head.

 

Luna turned her head as she heard a familiar voice behind her and her jaw dropped as she saw Amber, Rome and the basketball team approached them.

"I think I failed" Rome sighed

I saw Amber patted his shoulder and they moved closer to us

"Amber..." Luna whispered to me and couldn't help to hide her excitement

I just smiled to her.

They stood behind us and everyone politely nodded to us before they eyes scanned the board while everyone's eyes were on them.

"OMG! I did well then I thought" Rome screamed

"Where are you?" Amber asked

"5th!" He shouted again

Everyone turned their heads to the board. I didn't see his name and neither did Amber because she said "I didn't see your name"

"Not there!" Rome said and turned Amber's head to the right "There!"

We all followed the head movement and our mouth dropped opened as we realized he was the 5th from the bottom.

"You are 5th from the bottom" Amber looked at his friend, couldn't understand why he was so happy

Rome grinned and slapped Amber's shoulder "I know right! I couldn't believe that I am not on the bottom three"

He slapped Amber so hard that she lost her balance and bumped into Luna. The midget squealed, she was about to fall but Amber reacted fast and caught her before she fell.

"I'm sorry" Amber said to Luna as she let go of Luna's waist "Are you okay?"

"O-Okay" Luna said with reddened face, silently hoping that Amber wouldn't let go of her embrace that fast.

Amber nodded slightly to her.

"I'm so sorry" Rome went to Luna and apologized "It was my fault"

"It IS your fault" one of the boys slapped Rome in the head, followed by the others.

"Yah! Yah!" Rome protested but the boys kept on playfully hitting him in the head.

We all looked at the commotion with grins on our faces. As everyone was busy watching the boys, my heart leaped as I felt someone took my hand in hers and brushed it with her thumbs. I know it was Amber, but I still couldn't believe that she would dare to initiate skinship in public. She didn't said anything, the touch only lasted seconds but it made me so happy.

 

"Amber, lets go" Rome called her and she nodded.

I watched her went with the boys, my heart was still beating so hard from her touch. I guess it was her way of saying that she was proud of me that I did well on the test.

"Omg" Luna squealed as they left "Amber touched me. She saved me, Isn't it romantic? Just like in the movies"

Sulli rolled her eyes and everyone else giggled "You sounded like dreamy Soojung from the past"

"What?" I protested

"Yes, you and your prince in shining armor on a white horse who is going to rescue you from the dragon" Sulli added "Although you don't daydream much anymore lately"

"Well, because I grew up and realized there is no fairytale in real life" I answered confidently

"Or" Hyeri in "Because you already found your prince in shining armor in real life but kept it a secret from us"

Everyone stared at me at Hyeri's words.

I felt intimidated with so many eyes on me and walked backwards.

"Did you?" Luna squinted her eyes

I shook my head weakly

"Hmmm, it does look suspicious with the way you reacts right now" Luna eyed me from head to toe and walked towards me until her face almost touched mine.

"Yah!" I pushed her away "I have no prince whatsoever"

"You sure?" she said again while squinting her eyes

"Yes" I looked her straight in the eyes and said "I have no prince charming in my life"

Luna was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter