One sided love

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What?

Did she say? Amber has… a boyfriend?

 

“Waaaaaitttt” Luna made an X with her arms “Did you just say that Amber is straight?”

“Yes” Eunji nodded

“Are we even talking about the same Amber?” Luna said in disbelieve

“Yes, people mistaken her a lot because she acts and dresses like a boy but yeah, she’s not gay"

“Do you even have proof on this? Amber having a boyfriend? I am sorry, but the idea of that is even weirder than Soojung drooling over real men”

 

I can’t breathe, I don’t want to listen anymore. Stop.

 

Hyeri laughed “Well, if you want pictures, we don’t have any, but we do see them together on big parties, Amber and her boyfriend always attend Liu’s company parties together. We just never talk to them.”

“Why not?”

“Let’s put it like this, in our world, the riches, no offense to you guys, there are the rich, the richer and there are the Lius. You just don’t start talking to them” Eunji tried to explain to us and then continued “This guy, Amber’s boyfriend, is her childhood friend. He’s Taiwanese, his surname is Lee, I forgot his first name. Their family are good friends and they fell in love along the way. You know that typical story where friends become lovers.”

“Wow…” Luna shook her head “I don’t doubt you guys, but this is so hard to believe.”

 

“Soojung?”

I could hear Sulli’s voice but it felt like a dream, it’s near but it’s also far away

“Soojung?! Are you okay? You look so pale” I felt someone shook me

“Soojung!”

I felt numb, I heard them but I couldn’t react.

“Soojung!” I heard them calling my name again

“I’m f—fine” my lips trembled

“No you are not!” Luna said “You’re so pale, did you skip breakfast again?”

“Umm…” I didn’t a chance to answer, I felt so dizzy.

“We better her to the school nurse” Bomi said

“Soojung, can you walk?”

I nodded and I let them support me to go to see the school nurse. I managed to keep conscious until we got there.

 

“Amber has a boyfriend”

 

It repeated in my head and my whole body started to shiver uncontrollably.

Pain overtook the numb feeling I had.

I clenched my chest, it felt like my heart is going to explode.

It hurts.

So much.

 

“Miss Jung, we better get you to a hospital” the school nurse said, she took my temperature and my blood pressure. “Your blood pressure is too low”

“She has anemia. She fainted a few times the last years” Sulli said in worried voice

“No hospital, please. I just want to go home. I just need some rest” I tried to get up but fell back down.

“Are your parents at home?” The nurse said

“At work” I said “Please, just let me rest here. I’ll feel better after I get some rest”

“You sure?”

I nodded.

“Okay” the nurse said “Why don’t you girls go back to class? She’s fine here”

“We’ll come by on the next break, okay?” Luna said

I nodded.

 

“Have you eaten breakfast?” the nurse asked me

“Yes”

“Is there anything you need?”

“No… I just… I’m just tired”

“Okay, get some rest. I’m going to the principal’s office and I’m going to try to reach your parents, okay?”

 

After she left and closed the door, I stared at the ceiling.

The words repeated again in my head and that suffocating feeling came again.

I can’t breathe.

I stared at the ceiling.

It hurts, every inch of my body hurts so much.

It hurts so bad that I’m afraid if I move I might tear myself apart.

I fight that burning feeling in my eyes.

 

Don’t cry, my brain said.

Why are you crying anyway?

You have no reason to cry.

She never tells you she likes you more than a friend.

If you are about to cry, cry for being a fool.

 

Stop!

Please stop!

I pressed the pillow on my head.

I don’t want to be a able to think anymore, leave me alone.

------

 

“Feeling better?” My mom my hair

“Yes” I smile to her

My mom picked me up at school after the nurse called her, she brought me to the doctor and they said it was nothing serious, I was just too tired. He told me to eat well and to rest at home for a few days. My Dad bought me hot chocolate, waited for me to finish it and kissed my forehead.

“Sleep well”

“Thank you, Daddy”

“Don’t turn on your laptop” Mom said to me

“I won’t”

“You need to rest”

“I know, Mom”

“Good. Sleep well, Soojungie”

“Goodnight, Mom. Goodnight Dad”

“Goodnight, Soojung” my parents said in unison before they turned off the lamp and closed the door.

 

At that moment, my cell beeped and I saw a message from Sulli “Feeling better?”

“Yes, just tired. The doc said nothing serious. I’m going to try to get some sleep now. The doc said I should rest for a few days at home”

“Okay, I won't bother you any longer. Good night Soojung. Get well soon”

“Thanks, Ssul. Goodnight”

 

Not long after my cell beeped again, I looked at it, thinking that it was Sulli again or Luna.

I froze as I saw “Stoopid” on the screen.

She wrote “Krys, are you okay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter