Two puppies and one very confused girl

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ah, what to think of this?

I confusedly looked at the bruised and battered girl on the corner who dried the puppies carefully with a towel.

Those eyes, the way she looked at the puppies she saved.

Is this the girl who people said running around beating on other people?

 

Because right now I only see tenderness in her eyes.

Because looking at her right now is scaring the hell out of me.

Because right now I see a prince charming, a prince charming I always dreamed about only in different shapes, different gender.

 

"I have to go" I said hurrily without even waiting for her answer, grab my bag and run to the door.

"What? Wait...." I could hear her voice but I already slammed the door and run to the lift.

As I rode home in the cab, I tried to sort my mind but it wasn't as easy as I thought it will be. I even regreted that I just run away like that, what if she fainted and no one was there to help her?

Why am I so selfish?

But one can take as much as one can swallow, right? It was just too much for me, I said to myself in self defence.

Why are you so bothered anyway? She saved some puppies, she did something good, why are you making a big deal out of it? This battle in my head started again.

 

I am not! 

In fact, I don't even care, I was just..surprised.

That stubborn me answered.

 

I took a bath, talked to Sulli on the phone, trying to forbid myself to even think about Amber and the puppies.

But before I fell asleep, I did think about her again and wished deeply in my head "Please be alright, stupid. Just be alright"

 

---

"Soojung!"

I turned around and waited for Luna to catch up

"Morning" she said

"Morning" I smiled at her and listened to her rant about her toasts for breakfast until we reached the class.

My eyes immediately looked at Amber's empty chair, which is normal because she always comes later.

But she didn't show up that day. I kept on looking at the door, secretly hoping that she showed up but she didn't.

Ahhh you stupid, are you that sick?  I mean you normally showed up at school with black eyes, are you at the hospital?

Is someone at your side and taking care of you?

You are stupid, Soojung, Of course she's not alone, I mean she must have parents, right?

Just forget about her.

She'll be fine.

 

But she didn't show up the next day and the day after. And I have to fight the urge to take a cab to her place and check on her.

Why is this happening to me?

Why do I even care what that ert is doing?

Get out of my head, you stupid 

 

And I bang my head on the desk just as the school bell rang and everyone got up to go home.

"Hey, Soojung" Sulli came up from the back as I was still trying desperately not to get on the taxi to check up on that ert blond.

"Ssssulll, save me" I screamed in dramatic way and leaped to her.

 

"Yah, Soojung!" Sulli squinted her eyes "Are you day dreaming again? What is it this time? Your prince charming didn't save you from the dragon? Or did he dye his hair blue? Wake up and get back to real world" 

 

"Let me stay with you today and don't let me our of your sight because I'm thinking of doing something very stupid right now"

"Like what? Date a girl?" she chuckled "Come on" she said and dragged me along.

 

Thanks to Sulli I was able to resist myself to see that stupid. We went to the movie, went shopping and as I got home I was too tired to think about Amber. I was lazily skecthing an octopus alien on my notes the next day as I waited for the bell to ring. I took a glimpse at her empty chair again.

Sigh.

Why isn't she coming to school?

How are you anyway?

 

I sat myself straight as Mrs. Park entered the class. I bent to get my book from my bag as I saw a pair of Nike shoes.

Those shoes...

I lifted myself up and saw Amber walking towards her desk, took a book out and sat herself

 

She's here.

My heart leaped of joy.

Her face looked bad, with bruises everywhere but I couldn't be more happy to see that she's alright.

 

"Yah, Soojung!" Sulli whispered to me

"Huh?" I looked at her

"Are you day dreaming about your price charming again?"

"No" I shook my head "Why?"

"You have this big smile on your face"

"I do?" 

"Yeah, it's creepier than normal" Sulli said

"Oh shut up" I said to her and I hid my face with my hands.

 

I was just happy because she's not dead. It would be kinda of my f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter