Torn

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The lightning lit the sky and it came series of thunders. Amber kept me tight in her arms. The rain soaked both of us.

“Krys….” Amber “It’s…”

“How much more do you want to hurt me, Amber?” I said bitterly before she could finish her sentence, trying hard not to break down. I could feel her body tensed up and her arms around me loosened. I broke free from her arms, turned around to face her “What do you want from me, Amber? Didn’t you just say to me you have a boyfriend? Or did you lie?”

Amber didn’t say a word, she stared at the wet ground and shook her head.

“Have you ever thought about my feeling, Amber? The words you were about to say…How they might hurt me?” my hands were shaking from the pain in my heart.

“I never meant…” the thunder swallowed her words. We stood in front of each other, looking at each other eyes, trying to read each other’s minds.

 

Shouldn’t it be like in the movie?

Falling in love, confessing your love and live happily ever after?

Being in love shouldn’t hurt like this.

 

“Krys…” Amber called my name

I just shook my head. I don’t want to hear anything anymore. I need time, I need to clear my head. I saw the two puppies shivering under a tree. I took a deep breath and walked towards them. I took them in my arms, trying my best to keep them warm.

Amber went to grab the picnic blanket and the basket, walked silently behind me. We exchanged no words on our way back to her place. Amber opened the door for me, she put the basket on the floor, went to her room and came back with two towels. I took one and dried Jackjack while Amber dried Gongju to keep them from getting sick.

 

I tried to sort things out while I was drying Jackjack.

I knew what she was about to say, but if she really does, why is she still with her boyfriend?

Why is she even with him in the first place if she knows that she has no feelings for him?

Did she lie to me?

Or maybe someone force her?

 

Too many questions but right now, I need space to think straight. I smiled as Jackjack my face as I finis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter