Out of my control

Someone saved my pathetic life [ hiatus until a random day X ]

For a while the entire room was quiet, everyone just stared at either me, or at the door. Then Hangeng got off his seat and walked to the cake.

- Who wants more?

The light question broke the tension in the room and everyone rushed to the cake to get another piece, everyone except me and Kyuhyun. He put his hand on my cheek and smiled sadly.

- I don't think you should do this, it's not good for either one of you, or me.

- I'm sorry, Kyuhyun, it's just that I, well I think I-

- Don't say it! Please don't say it... This is complicated enough without it...

Kuyhyun looked serious, so I shut my mouth. Then I knew what I was going to say.

- I'm sorry... Kyuhyun.

- It's okay, sweetie. Just don't come so near to my face again, I don't know what I will do if you do that...

Did he mean that he wanted to kiss me?

I didn't get a confirmation, because the people came back with new pieces of cake on their plates. After a while I heard te door open, and assumed that it was Minho and Kangin coming back, but I didn't dare to look. Instead I took a look at my phone to see the time. It was 2pm.

This is going to be a looong day...

Sungmin noticed me looking at my phone, and grabbed it from my hand.

- Yah! You're phone is cool~ But the wallpaper is so not cute, it's not me!

He jumped off his chair and kneeled between me and Kyuhyun. He pulled our faces closer to his, and took a picture of all the three of us. Then the phone suddenly disappeared.

- Yah, where did my phone go? I want it back!

Sungmin looked innocent, so did everyone else in the table I was sitting in and the table behind us. I waited for someone to give me my phone back, but gave up quickly. I knew I was going to get it back some time. I threw my tiny handbag in the corner, since now it was completely useless to me. Then our mc's started to talk again.

- So this is the time, present time! We always have a custom that the birthday boy, and this time also one birthday girl, open one present during the party, and the rest on their own time. So now, you go choose the presents you want to open, and we will get some more cake while waiting-

- Yah, Shindong! No more cake for you, you already ate a ton! Everyone yelled.

I laughed as I walked to the gift pile, I felt a pair of hands shoving me towards the tables. It was Taemin and I smiled at him.

- Are you that eager to open a present? I asked and he grinned at me.

- I love presents! Is there something wrong with that?~ And the part that comes after this gift thing is the best one!

So he knew what was coming after this, I guess their parties always went the same way... I didn't dare to ask him, since if it was anything as twisted as the cake episode, I didn't want to know. I stood in front off my gift table, staring at the gifts. I didn't know which one to choose, I didn't even care about getting presents, I liked to give them more than get them.

In the end I just grabbed the biggest gift there was, it was so big that my arms just barely reached around it. I brought it to my single table, and sat down. My vision was completely blocked by the big package, so I just quickly ripped it open. I had been wondering what could be inside, since it was soft, and when I revealed the gift I felt my smile reach my ears. It was so cute, a huge white stuffed animal, a bunny with a pink ribbon on it's neck. Somehow I naturally knew who it was from. I turned to look at Sungmin, who was grinning like a fool.

- Do you like it?~

- It's so cute! Thank you, bunny-oppa!~

- I knew all bunnies like the same stuff! I wanted to buy it for myself, but Kyuhyun said no, since I have so much stuffed animals, so I bought it for you instead! I couldn't just leave it at the store, it was too cute...

I got an idea when I was looking at the bunny.

- Hey, anyone got a waterproof pen or something? I asked, and instantly umma raised his hand.

- I always have one, it's in my emergency bag, I'll go get it!~

Something good about having a clothing-freak umma, he must use it if something is losing color...

I took the bunny in my arms and stood next Taemin's table while waiting for Key to come back. I looked at the present he was rolling in his hands and my eyes widened.

Are these guys filthy rich or something?

How could someone buy him that...

Well, I got a laptop and a new phone, so...

Taemin had gotten a light brown leather jacket, it was probably worth all the clothes I was wearing at the moment.

- Hey, that looks really nice! I bet it looks good on you! I exclaimed.

Taemin looked up from the jacket and his smile was so happy that I felt the happines reach to me as well.

- I have been talking about this jacket since the day I heard it was on the market... Here, try it on!

He took the bunny from me and helped me put on his new jacket. It was just a bit too big for me, since he was really skinny. I felt really attractive in that jacket, and maybe I looked hot as well, since I heard a low whistle from someone. When I turned to see who it was, I didn't find out. Key was just returning with the pen I had asked for.

- Wow, girl you look hot! Here is the pen you asked for, but why do you need it?

I turned to look at Sungmin, who was looking at me with his puppy eyes.

- Hey bunny-oppa, is it okay if we do something to this bunny?

Sungmin smiled and shrugged.

- It's yours now, you can do what you want with it. If you murder it, I will kill you, but otherwise it's okay.

I gave the pen to Taemin, who already had the bunny.

- Sign it.

Taemin looked at me like I had lost my mind, but did as he was told. From there it started to go around the noraebang, everyone writing their names on it. I smiled happily and sat on Taemin's lap.

- Taemin-oppa... I'm sorry I didn't get you a present, but I didn' know what I could give you.

Taemin shook his head and wrapped his arm around my waist.

- It's okay. You can just sing me a song later, that could be my gift...

I grinned at the thought. I didn't want to sing in this kind of a place, a noraebang filled with singers.

- What if I just did this, is this enough?

I kissed his cheek strongly, leaving a faint red mark on it. Taemin blushed and raised his finger on his cheek, like if he was thinking about something.

- No, that's not enough. You need to sing, a love song just for me!

- Well okay, if it's really your wish, I will do it.

- It is. You won't get away without doing it~

He kissed my cheek and now it was my turn to blush. I got up from his lap when I noticed Henry coming closer, handing me the stuffed animal.

- We all signed it, and wrote a little greeting. It's all covered in messages now... Looks kind of cool!

I thanked him and took the bunny. It was really all covered with messages, from the tiniest handwriting on the ears to the biggest font on it's stomach. I wasn't really that good at reading hangul, so I just decided that I would ask someone to read them for me later. The only message I read at that moment was the biggest one on the bunny's tummy: 

Happy birthday Erika!

Call me: 08-06112011

Eunhyuk

Only someone as silly as him could do something like that. I smirked and took a look around to spot Eunhyuk. He was on the dancefloor again, this time with Bae. Bae was trying to learn the steps from A-CHA, he was actually doing it quite well. I wondered if he had practiced it before. Soojin was standing close to them, looking like she wanted to participate in the dance as well, but she couldn't because her dress was so snug. Suddenly Sugmin ran to me from the crowd, happily smiling.

- Did you know that the one who's present you opened is supposed to give you a birthday kiss?

I looked at Taemin, and he nodded as confirmation.

- I always get mine from Key, since his present always looks the nicest, so I always pick that. Apparently this year as well...

I smiled and turned back to Sungmin. From somewhere Key came, dragging Zhou Mi with him. Of course he wanted the camera to commemorate these moments.

- This was the thing you were waiting for, a kiss from Key? I wiggled my eyebrows at him and he mehronged back.

- Not, this is still a part of the gift thing... The thing that comes after this!

Key shoved me away and positioned himself next to Taemin so that his best side was showing to the camera.

Of course he was thinking about his pose...

- Yay, I get to kiss my sweet son again! This is just a proof that my gifts appeal you more than anyone elses~

Taemin grinned as Key planted a wet kiss on his cheek and Zhou Mi took a picture of them. I was still standing with the bunny in my grab, just watching them and laughing. After the picture was taken, Taemin instantly smacked Key away playfully. I noticed that Sungmin was now standing right by my side, yanking my arm again, just like he had done when I hugged Kyuhyun before. He took the bunny from me and placed it on the table.

- Do you want your kiss now too? This will be so fun!~

His expression look too cunning for his sweet face, I got a bit anxious. Before I got the chance to answer, his hand were on my back and the other hand's thumb was on my lips. He bent me down and kissed his thumb. I had to support myself from not falling, so I wrapped my arms around his neck. I heard the crowd gasp and saw a flash of the camera. I understood that the others didn't see the thumb, they just saw Sungmin kissing me.

My face was totally red when he finally let go of me, after a moment that had felt like eternity. The camera had been flashing non-stop, and I was sure I would hear from this even if they found out that it wasn't a real kiss. I stood there like an idiot, just staring at the guys around us. Sungmin wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed my cheek gently. That was the true birthday kiss, but no one else but us knew that.

- Happy birthday, Bunny~ he said.

Suddenly we heard a loud thud.

- AARGH, I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!

 

If you are wondering about the phone number, this is how I came up with it.

08 = Eunhyuk's number, 06.11.2011 = the date of their sixth anniversary

Not difficult, right?

And sorry, the party is going to take more than I had assumed.

Please tell me what you think and subscribe!~