New friends

Someone saved my pathetic life [ hiatus until a random day X ]

The one who was sweeping the floor, the younger one turned to us when he heard the door open.

- Welcome! Ah, annyong Sooj~ But hey, why is there two of you?

The older one just finished cutting the customer's hair and she left shortly after our arrival. I just stood there behind Soo's back, trying to hide. I was still very shy, even though I had been getting more brave lately. The guys came closer to us and Soo wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to the guys, introducing us to each other.

- Erika-ah, say hello to Shen Junjie and Lee Sunbae, they are my roommates. Guys, this is Erika, my sister.

I bowed my head slightly and smiled at them.

- Nice to meet you!

They both laughed at my formality and Soo poked me with her elbow.

- Yah, don't be too formal to them, they will get used to it and get all cocky!

The younger one shaked hands with me, it was natural for him.

- You can call me Bae, or Sunnie is good as well. I don't really use my whole name.

I smiled at his exclamation and nodded to him, I felt Soo and Junjie staring at us closely.

- Bae it is, it sounds nicer. You can call me whatever you want, I feel really awkward of my western name.

- Then I'll call you Aemi, since you are lovable and beautiful~

Was he flirting with me?

I wasn't sure, since I wasn't really used to it. Junjie hit him on the top of his head and grinned.

- Yah, you meet a new girl and straight away you start flirting? Have some manners, you idiotic dongsaeng!

Soo and I started to laugh and I had to press my stomach with my hands because it was hurting because of the laughter. After scolding Bae he turned to me, changing the angry face he had been showing to Bae with a sweet smile that showed his dimples. He looked really cute and the smile melted my heart. I felt Soo grab my hand and noticed that I had been trying to get even closer to Junjie. I blushed. What am I thinking, am I trying to hit on every single guy I meet even though I have a boyfriend? Thank the sky that now I had someone to control me.

- Very nice to meet you Erika, I can use your name right? Why haven't we met you before? Soo-ah never mentioned she had a sister...

- Ah, I just came here from Finland a few days ago.

I didn't want to tell them the whole story, so I figured that Soo could tell them as much as she wanted. Soojin was getting bored because of the lack of notification that she was getting, so she started to talk with a really loud voice all of a sudden.

- Sis,  would you like to get something to eat? I am sooo hungry! You guys can come with us, you are not having any customers now, are you?

Junjie smiled, nodded and took his apron off. Bae was already excited about eating out together, he jumped up and down like a little kid. I became really curious about this childishly acting boy.

- Hey, Sunbae-sshi... How old are you?

- Yah, don't use honorifics to him! He's just a kid! Soo exclaimed and hit the back of my head softly.

- I'm almost 16, why do you ask? He left Soojin's claim unnoted and pouted his lips to me, which were already naturally a bit pouty and it made him look even younger than before.

I shrugged and looked into his brown eyes, trying to forget that they were really attractive and big, like Minho's.

- Ah, just wondering... You just look so young, like a little child.

Junjie started to laugh hardly, and slipped on a lock of hair on the floor, which made him fall down, he was still laughing when he was laying on the floor. I let out a little giggle when I saw the pout on Bae's face turn into a smirk of satisfaction when he saw the other fall down. I had a feeling that these guys would be super fun and a nice change of all the celebrities I have been hanging out with recently. Normal friends, something I never had back home, and a sister who I already dearly loved.

We left the hairdresser after Jun got off the floor and went to a grill even further down the street. I didn't think I would find my way back to the dorm from there if I had to do it alone. Luckily Soo had agreed to walk me some way back.

It was funny that when we got inside the place Junjie turned to look at us and was going to say something. Then his gaze flipped from me to Soo and back, apparently he was trying to figure out which on was which. I started to laugh, which made Jun's gaze attach to me.

- Hey, you should sit on the different sides of the table, since I can't tell the difference between you two!

I took a glance of Soo, and she looked like she was going to burst. She bit her lip to prevent laughing outloud. The look on her face, it made my giggle turn into a massive laughing seasure, I almost fell on the floor because I thought it was so funny. I notice Bae staring at me from behind Junjie, his eyes were widened and a smile trembled on his lips. Suddenly he started to laugh as well, making me laugh even louder. The people in the hamburger bar were staring at us, and I tried to stop laughing but I couldn't.

Suddenly I felt a hand cover my mouth, making it impossible for me to laugh anymore. I had been breathing through my mouth, so when it was obstructed, I started to gasp against the hand. I opened my eyes which I had closed because of the intense laughing, and noticed that it was Jun's hand.  He looked really embarrased when I finally stopped laughing.

- Note to myself, never take this girl out again, that's not going to be good.

He took off his hand and I pouted my lips. (Where is this aegyo coming from? I can't believe it myself!)

- I'm sorry! I won't laugh ever again.

He sighed and shook his head when he sat to the table, on the opposite side of Bae, who had already sat down. How long had I been laughing?

- You are just as obsinate as Sooj... I heard him mutter while he sat down.

- Yah, what did you say about me? Soo hissed at him and worked her way next to him, giving a sour glare.

I felt like laughing again, but I didn't dare to. I didn't want them to get mad at me. Bae looked at me and patted the free spot next to him.

- Aemi~ Come sit here, next to me!

Someone must have kicked him on the leg, because he suddenly grinned and a single tear fell from his eye. I think it wasn't a mild kick. I sat down and tried to reveal the kicker, but  the people across the table both looked so innocent that I wasn't sure which one it had been, maybe even both. We ordered some food, and while we were waiting I think Soo decided to let the guys know that I was taken, but instead of saying it clearly, she tried to conceal it, so that I would have to explain it myself.

- So Erika-ah, what time is Minho getting back tomorrow?

I blushed, since I had been glancing into Bae's Minho-like eyes.

- What who? Oh right... Umm, I don't know, he didn't tell me. Should I call him?

Both guys looked like they had been hit on their head with a frying pan. Especially the look on Bae's face looked hilarious and I had to swallow my giggle.

- Who is Minho? Is he your boyfriend or something? Sunbae asked and I nodded.

- Yes, I am Choi Minho's girlfriend. I answered to him and smiled, so happy that I could say a sentence like that and truly mean it.

Bae was about to say something, but Junjie made it first.

- Bwah, are you meaning Choi Minho from SHINee? You are they girl the press is looking for?

The mention of the press made me grin. I hadn't really had the best first contact with them, so I didn't really like them to be mentioned. I got a bit worried that he was going to expose me, so I shut my mouth and tried to make myself as tiny as possible, pressing against the chair and bending my back downwards. Soo slapped Junjies's shoulder.

- Yah, no so loud you stupid guy! She is our friend now, so you need to treat her that way. Do you want to expose her?

Jun lifted his hand on his mouth and looked scared. He gazed to the tables nearest to us, but they people there didn't either hear him, or they just didn't care.  Then he looked back at me.

- I'm sorry, I didn't mean- I interrupted him.

- Ah, it's okay. He is my boyfriend, so I don't think it is the end of the world if someone hears.

I took a glance at Soo, trying to tell her that I was mad of the way she had revealed a thing like that. Then I noticed that it had become a bit too quiet. I flipped my eyes to Bae, and he was sitting there quietly, staring at the table, twirling his fingers on the glass.

- Hey what's wrong? I asked and his eyes springed to me.

- Yah, it's nothing! You were too old for me anyway...

I poked his cheek with my index finger.

- Yah, I am not old! Did you fall for me already? I am so cute~

I puffed my cheeks and did a Vsign with my fingers, making the others laugh. Then I remembered something. I took my phone from my pocket and handed it over to Soojin.

- Soo-ah, you should save your number in my phone, so I can call you! You guys could also save your numbers if you want to.

Soo started to toy with the phone, and Bae glanced at the back of my phone, tracing the word SHINee with his eyes. Then he turned to me.

- Are you really Minho's girlfriend? I mean, you could just be one of those eager fangirls...

When I was going to answer him, Soo jumped off his chair and came next to me, we posed together for her picture. I did the v-sign from before and she did a cat pose. We must have looked hilarious. I took the phone from Soo and thanked her. Then I turned back to Bae, who looked like he was going to die at that spot. Perhaps we looked a bit too funny.

- Here, I'll prove you!

I opened the file where all the pictures from my birthday morning were and started to show them to Bae. Junjie's head hovered over the phone and suddenly we were all packed tightly against each other, trying to see the pictures, Soojin's head on my shoulder. Already the first picture proved them what I had been telling, it was a picture of Minho kissing me. There were many pictures were I sat on his lap, but suddenly it turned as if I was Kyuhyun's girlfriend, since there were also many pictures of me and him. I blushed and closed the file quickly. I didn't want them to see that.

We all sat back down just as the waitress handedd our food to us. For a while we ate quietly, but then I decided I wanted to know more about the guys and how they had met Soojin. I first took Junjie as my victim, since I was really curious about him, he was chinese after all.

- Umm, Junjie, how did you end up here? I mean, I understand that you are chinese... How did you end up here and living with Soo-ah?

Junjie smiled and lowered the soda he was just going to take a sip from.

- I lived in Beijing until I turned sixteen, then I moved here to become an actor, four years ago. Well, that dream quickly faded and I was left here with no job, no dreams, nothing. A few years ago I started to hang out at a basketball rink near here, since I didn't have anything to do. After a while I was asked to play basketball. I had never played it before, but with a help of this little tweet here I learned the game quickly and got better than many of the players there. Two years ago I moved in with this little brat and Bae moved in not long after me. A few months ago I became a hairdresser and, well, that's about it. Now I am here.

While talking Jun had wrapped his arm around Soo and now they both smiled, looking into each other's eyes. Soojin hugged Junjie and pecked a small kiss on his chin.

- I saved you, didn't I? You were going to give up and return to Beijing, weren't you?

Junjie nodded and released himself from Soojin's grip. I waited if he was going to say anything else, but since he started to eat again, I realized that he was done talking. I turned to Sunbae.

- Well what about you? You are so young, why aren't you living with your parents?

My question mabe Bae grin and his hands clenched into fists. Then he sighed and captured my eyes with his.

- My parents... They did love Sooj but not me. Sooj moved in to live with us when I was eleven, just a little kid. She became my sister, and soon she was more important to my parents than their own son. When Sooj moved away, I felt like I wanted to move with her, I tried to stay home but I couldn't. My mother always complained that it should have been me who moved away, not Sooj. So I asked Sooj if I could move in with her, and she agreed. I haven't talked to my parents since.

His eyes looked so sad that I felt tears fill my eyes. I hugged him tightly, trying to make him feel happier. Long while passed, and neither of us let go. Then I heard a significant cough.

- Your food is getting cold.

Soo kicked my leg gently when she said that, so I let go of Bae. His eyes looked a bit red, he had cried silently against my hair, and when I noticed it I felt like hugging him again. His life had been so hard, I felt close to him, because my childhood hadn't really been one of those happy ones either.

- I'm sorry to hear that... Has Soo been taking good care of you? If I can count you were only 13 when you moved away from your home.

Bae nodded and took a bit from his hamburger. He quickly swallowed and flashed a smile at me.

- Sooj has been a really good noona! And now I have two, so lucky!

He is so strong even though he was hurt...

How does he feel when he is living with a girl who has made his parents nearly hate him?

After we had eaten, and Junjie had paid we retreated to their place. I took over the big couch, and Soojin jumped next to me, curling into my lap. Bae squeezed to my other side, and Junjie sat on the floor in front of me. I wrapped my other arm around Soo and another around Bae. I wanted to keep him close to me, now that I knew how hard it had been for him.

We sat there for a long while, night already started to fall when I finally noticed that it was time to go home. Time had flew so fast with friends, talking about everything that came into mind starting from our personalities (mocking each other was apparently Soojin's, Bae's and Junjie's favorite thing) to my boyfriend. He seemed to be the favorite subject of all of them, and I just sat there quietly, waiting for them to change into something else. I felt awkward when they talked about Minho, they haven't even met him. Then again, everyone really knew almost every idol in Korea.

Just as we said goodbye to the guys, I remembered that there was something really important I had almost forgotten.

- Yah, I almost forgot! The guys are throwing me and Taemin-oppa a birthday party the day after tomorrow! I hope you guys can come too, I would like to have you there~

When I asked them, both of their faces lit like a young kid's on Christmas morning. Bae gave me one extra hug right after he had let go of me in the first place. Then he started to jump up and down, excited.

- YAYY, party with noona! Are-we-really-going-to-meet-all-the-guys-from-SHINee-and-Super-Junior?~~ 

He didn't pause after each word, he just sang it out like it was one really long one. Junjie looked excited as well, but he acted more mature.

- We would love to be there. I can't wait to see you again.

We waved them goodbye and Soo walked me all the way back to the dorm. The way felt shorter than last time, since now we were already closer to each other, so the conversation flew all the way, there were not a single silent moment. I hugged Soo and watched as she walked away. I had promised to see her again tomorrow, and I was going to keep that promise even if it meant leaving without Minho. We had agreed to keep her existence a secret until the party. I didn't know how was I supposed to get out of the house without Minho, but I was going to try.

I went to bed straight after getting inside, it was already really late and my day had really felt long. I didn't change into my pajamas, instead I slept with Minho's T-shirt on, since it smelled like him. I really missed him, the day had been full of action but now that I was alone I felt my heart hurt when he wasn't there next to me. I took a glance of my phone to see the time, it was late, but still not too late to call him. I dialed the number and heard an answer right away.

- Ah, yeobeo! Hello~ He sounded happy.

- Yeobeo! Why aren't you here? I miss you!

- I know I know, I feel it too. It feels like half of my heart was left behind, with you. Soon I will come and get it back!

I smiled at his cheesy line, but at that moment it really felt like the pain in my heart eased.

- What time will you get here? Early in the morning? I tried to not sound too excited, since I didn't want to get my hopes up.

I heard a sigh from Minho.

- Hmm, I don't know yet. No one has told me what time we are leaving. I'll call you before we get in the car, okay?

I pouted my lips and squeezed the phone tighter into my hand.

- I don't know how I can sleep without you here... I whispered, but apparently he heard me.

- What if I sing you, would that help you fall asleep? I'll enf the call when you are already sleeping, okay?

- Nae, maybe that'll help.

I curled under the sheets when his voice started to flow through the phone.

the morning sunlight is like you
it might be a little childish, but i like it
if I'm by your side when you wake me up
I have nothing more to wish for
I want to see you
 
don't think that we can't love because we're young
before it's too late
before I grow older, can you hold onto me?
 
I love you only, as much as the sky
you truly are the reason I live
I really, really, I want to hug you like crazy
we're still going too fast, right?
 
whenever our eyes meet
I wonder if the smile that grows on my face
might reach a corner of your heart
I whisper into the beautiful ear
inside of your uncertain heart
my feelings of love for you
 
I'll be taking you girl,
I know without you
without you, I miss you
I'll long for you forever
my feelings of desire and hope
my love that grows deep again
I can no longer hide them
you are me, girl
 
my heart will catch you and not let you go
can you feel it as well?
before, oh, it's too late
before i grow older, can you hold onto me?
 
I know that your heart
cannot come by my side yet
can I just call you my one?
 
let's all together one, two, three, let's begin
you are my one, my everything
I really, really, I want to love you like crazy
I can do that now, right?
 
I really, really, i want to love you like crazy
I can do that now, right?
 
I can do that now, right?
 
Just as the last notes of One flowed through my ears, I felt my eyes close heavily.
 
- Good night, my darling... I whispered and fell asleep, still squeezing the phone in my hand.