Part of myself, my soul

Someone saved my pathetic life [ hiatus until a random day X ]

I dropped the phone from my hand, it fell on the sofa next to me. I stared at Sofia, and she stared back at me, slightly tilting her head.

- What is it? What happened? She asked and I trembled a bit when I lifted the phone back to my ear.

- What the **** mom? MY SISTER? How is that even possible?!

She started to explain, but I cut her talking right from the start.

- Mom, wait a moment, I'll need to put you on speaker, and after that you need to speak in english.

Then I thought about something.

- Ah, Sofia. You can understand english, right?

She nodded and I put the speaker on and gave my mother permission to start explaining, right from the earliest beginning. Mom's english was a bit rusty since I guess that she hadn't been speaking it for a while, but you could notice from her speech where I had gotten my good language skills. Mom sounded all panicky, but still understandable.

- Hello Sofia. I haven't seen you in a long while... Eighteen years were filled yesterday, if I am correct of your identity, your birthday was yesterday as well, am I correct?

Sofia's face turned pale, and she nodded. Then she realized that my mom, ah, OUR mother couldn't see it.

- Yes, it was. So you know who I am?

- Yes, I know exactly who you are. You are my other daughter. You two are twins. I am sorry to tell you like this, but I never assumed that this would be necessary.

I felt my eyes fill with tears. It felt so good nd yet so bad to know that I had a sister, a twin sister. Good it felt, because I finally realized I wasn't alone in this world, but bad because all of the loneliness and sorrow in the past was now made useless. All those lonely years, I could've had a sister by my side, loving me for who I was.

- But what, why, umm... Why is Sofia here? Why wasn't she raised with me?

When I asked this I saw a glint in Sofia's eyes, she was probably thinking about the same issue. She talked before mom got a chance to speak again.

- I knew that I was adopted... When my father died, mom wanted to move back to Korea with me. This was their home, they were korean. It was father's wish to stay in Finland, and when he died, mom wanted to get away. That is why I am here now. But why was I with them in the first place? Didn't you... love me?

- Ah Sofia, or is it really what they call you there? Do you have a korean name? Mom asked.

- Actually I do, my name is Soojin. It means treasure, since I my parents always said that I was a treasure to them.

I sobbed, so that I had to really exert to hear what mom said.

- Soojin-ah, it wasn't because we didn't love you. We were young, my fiancé and me. We weren't really ready for having children. But when we found out that I was pregnant, we really wanted to keep the baby. Then we found out it was twins, and we couldn't afford raising two children, we were both unemployed at the moment. So we had to give the other one, you, for adoption. I'm truly sorry, but I'm sure your parents loved you just as much we would have loved you, and that you have had a good life, isn't that right?

At the end of my mother's statement, I was already crying so hard that I didn't see anything, and my sobbing made it hard for me to hear what they were talking. I think I cried for over 15 minutes, since Sofia had taken the phone and ended the call. She just sat there next to me, her hand resting on my thigh. I let out a small cry and wrapped my arms around her neck, digging my face into her hair.

-Soo-sofia...

I sobbed when I felt her hands wrap around me, comforting me. I don't think she was crying, but I doubt it was an easy moment for her either.

- It's okay unnie... I am here now. S-sisters keep together, right?

I heard how it was difficult for her to fit the word "sister" in . Well I couldn't blame her. What would you think if you were alone for 18 years and then found ouy you have a sister? At least I had had my little brother, but apparently she had been all alone.

- I am your unnie? I thought that the pathetic one would be the younger...

- No, she said that you were born first.

That made me want to laugh, but I was crying, so it sounded like a dog's whimper.

- I don't want you to call me unnie, it makes me feel old! Could you call me sis? It feels more like me.

She laughed a bit and her laughter made my heart aflutter. I felt so happy.

- If that is what you want, sis.

I hugged her for a while even when my tears had already dried out, I was too afraid to let go. I thought that she might disappear if I let her go. For the first time in my life I felt like everything was in their right places. I had a loing boyfriend and now I had a sister too. My heart was filled with love to these people who had their rightful places in it.

Slowly I let go of her, and then we just sat there, smiling at each other. For a while she was silent, but then she started to talk, tell about her life and friends, her hobbies and love-life... Everything she wanted to tell to her newly found sister. I was happy that she accepted me so quickly, and tried to press every single detail she told me into my head, so that I would know everything about her.

She told me some basic stuff, like that her favorite color is red, that she likes playing basketball and that she is working in a restaurant not far away from here. When I asked her about the restaurant, I found out that it was exactly the same place where we had visited the other day, but apparently she wasn't working then, since I would have remembered if I would have seen her. Then she told me about her ex-boyfriends, there were many of those, and I was a bit jealous, but then again she was single at the moment and I had Minho, so no problem there.

I listened carefully at her chat for over an hour, asking specifying guestions when I needed to. She seemed so excited to tell me all this that I was really happy to make her happy. When she was done she wanted me to tell her about myself. I tried to think what I could tell her without her getting sad or angry with me, like Kyuhyun had done when I told him about my suicide attempt, but then I realized that she was my sister so I told her every possible thing I could. I told her about my lonely childhood and my father, who never supported me. She cried a bit when I finally told her what I nearly did when I came to Seoul.

- I am glad you didn't do... that. I mean, I would've never met you. I am here for you now, and forever. I will never leave you, you will never be lonely again. Even though we just met, I already feel really bonded to you. We are so similar, but at the same time so different.

- Yes, you are braver and more beautiful than me...

- Psh, what are you talking about, sis? We look just alike! And I think that your eyes are really beautiful, since they are so colorful, I have never seen eyes like that before. And me, brave?  am what the world has made me, and this world here, living alone, has teached me to be tough. Sometimes I fell like a bit too tough.

- Ah, right... You told that your parents are dead now... When did that happen? I needed to know.

- Well, father passed away when I was only three years old, so I can't really remember him. And mom died after I turned 14, I lived with her friend until I turned sixteen and since then I have been living alone. I didn't want to go to an orphanage.

- I'm really sorry...

She didn't say anything more about that subject, so I started to tell her about Minho, Kyuhyun and all the other guys I have met. She sounded to be a fanatic fan of Super Junior so I felt proud when I could tell her about meeting Leeteuk and Kyuhyun. I told her about the upcoming birthday party and we both got really excited.

- Ah, you have to come there too! I want you to be here, since it's my party, it is yours as well! Twins share everything, right?~

My singing voice sounded haunting, but she still answered to me, singing as well. Oh so similar to me...

- I would love to~ But are you sure I am welcome?

- Of course you are, you are my sister! Ah, we can prank them! They don't know you exist, and we could keep it a secret until then!~

We both giggled and clapped our hands together like little children. Then Soo's face turned serious.

- Are you sure they would want me there? I mean, they ARE celebrities and I am just a sous-chef at a restaurant...

I took her hands in mine and squeezed them tightly.

- Soo-ah, I know that they would love to meet you. Everyone I have met have been really nice and welcoming. They will like you too. I won't sleep well if you say you won't come.

Soo sighed and smiled, her smile was so beautiful that I got a bit jealous.

- I guess I could come and get myself a celebrity boyfriend as well...

She grinned and mehronged me, and I knew she was kidding me. Then again, I couldn't see a reason why someone wouldn't fall for her. She was pretty, I felt she was prettier than me, and she was really cheery and funny. She was really talkative and simply, a wonderful person. I was proud that I could call someone like her my sister.

- Yeah, you could hit on, hmm... Ah, you said you like Eunhyuk! You could try him~

She blushed and hit my arm and I laughed at her. I knew that I had made a good point, actually she might even do it. She had told me that Eunhyuk is her favorite out of Super Junior, that he was so funny and blah blah blah- that basic fantalk.

She got up from the sofa and examined her sleeves. They were covered in dry blood since she had been wiping her nose on them.

- I need to go to my place now, would you like to come with me? You said that your precious Minho and the other's aren't coming back today. Would you like to spend the night at my place?

I shook my head but smiled as I got up from the couch.

- I think I need to spend the night here, I don't know what time they are coming back and I want to be here then. But I would love to see your place, maybe you could walk me back here when it's late?

She nodded and smirked at me. Probably she knew what it felt to miss someone, so she didn't argue with my decision. We walked out of the dorms and to her apartment. It wasn't that far, just a bit longer than the restaurant, she lived close to it so she didn't have a long way to work. We got to her apartment and I gasped when she opened the door. It was almost as big as the guys' dorm, there were at least 3 bedrooms and a huge living room. I couldn't believe she could afford a place like that with the money she got from being a sous-chef.

- Wow, this place is huge? How on earth can you afford it?

Soo shrugged and walked in casually, with her shoes on.

- I got a huge heritage from my adoption parents, and I work. I don't live here alone, I have two roommates. They are at work at this time, I think. You need to meet them, sis! They are super fun!

- Oh, that sounds nice, I would love to! When will they get home?

I followed her in her bedroom, and again I got stunned since the room was really big, bigger than Minho's. But her stuff was all over it, so I guess it could just look like it's bigger because there was o much stuff there, and it was messy. Instantly I wanted to start cleaning, but I controlled myself. I sat on the chair that was in front of a work desk, she started to go through the pile of clothes on her bed. I figured she must have had a cloth-crisis in the morning, with so many pieces on her bed.

She chose a yellow-white striped long-sleeved shirt and changed it on casually, not minding that I was in the same room. Probably an inheritance of her finnish roots, finnish people are not too shy to show skin. And we were sisters, so I guess she didn't mind.When she was done, she threw the bloodied shirt in the laundry basket and turned to me.

- We could go see them now, they both work at the hairdresser you saw just now. We could go there, I don't think they would mind... They never do anything anyway.

I nodded and we left the apartment fast, I didn't even get to see the other rooms, just her bedroom and the living room. We ran to the hairdresser, since it wasn't a long way I tried to win her, but I was wearing heels and she was a basketball player, so she won. She held the door open for me and we walked in, Soo right behind me. There were three people inside, one sitting in a chair, getting a haircut, one cutting her hair and the third one was sweeping the floor fom all the hair.

When Soo had talked about roommates, I had assumed they were girls and same age as us. I was partly correct. They were probably the same age as us, the other maybe a bit older and the other a bit younger than us. But they were not girls, they were guys.