Like looking into a mirror, almost

Someone saved my pathetic life [ hiatus until a random day X ]

One thing I have been lucky with in my life is that I don't get a hangover, like in headache form. But bad thing about it that instead I get a stomach pang. I usually spend all day vomiting after I have been drinking. And that is exactly what I did first thing in the morning. Luckily I got to the bathroom before it caught me. I threw up and washed my teeth even though I knew I was going to be doing that many times. I heard my phone ring and ran out the bathroom to answer it. Perhaps I was a little bit lost in my mind, because I answered in finnish.

- Haloo? Kuka siellä? (Hello? Who's there?)

- Mwuh? Erika, what are you saying?

I understood my mistake and switched into korean after a little stutter.

- Ah, Minho-oppa. Please, not so loud, I just woke up.

- Oh, okay. How are you? I miss you, yeobeo~

- I miss you too. I missed you so much yesterday that I did something I should have never done.

- Ah, what is that? he asked and sounded a bit worried.

- Oh, shibal. Wait a moment-

I ran into the bathroom to throw up again. Then I lifted the phone back on my ear.

- Oh, are you sick? I shouldn't have left you there alone... Are you okay? He was sounding really apprehensive.

- Ah, this sickness is self-caused. Wine isn't my friend. I shivered when I thought about wine.

A short silence took over when he figured things out. Then he gasped.

- Yah, you've been drinking? Yeobeo, why did you do that?

I heard laughter from his side, and became aware of him not being alone. Probably Key  or Taemin with him, or maybe both.

- You go girl, I'm gonna come party with you soon~

My mouth opened in surprise. I would know that voice in my dreams. It wasn't Taemin, it wasn't Key. It was Jonghyun.

- Wah, is Jonghyun-oppa there with you?

- Bwah, you recognized him from that? Well yes, Onew and Jonghyun are also here, they are coming home after we finish here. We come back tomorrow morning and then the next day is the party. You haven't forgotten that, right?

I heard Jonghyun laugh in the background when he heard that I had known who was yelling. It made me smirk.

- Duh, of course I haven't forgotten the party! Oh, that reminds me, why wasn't I allowed to mention the party to Taemin the other day?

- Oh, no big reason, it's just that Taemin always goes ape when he knows that there is a party coming, and we had this schedule, so I didn't want him to mess this up. One time we were going to have a birthday party to him, and we told him that week before his birthday. I don't think he slept at all that week. He was acting really crazy.

I laughed when I heard the reason, I was really thinking of something much more serious. I heard Minho start to laugh as well, maybe my laughter is contagious. He didn't ask me if had done anything else but drink on my birthday and I was glad. I don't think I could have explained yesterday for him even if I wanted to. After laughing for a long while I sighed.

- I miss you, yeobeo... I whispered, but he heard me.

- I miss you too. We'll be back soon. Take care and please don't drink any more~

I felt like vomiting again when he mentioned drinking.

- I will never drink again. Please come back soon~

I made a kissing sound to the phone and heard one from there as well, then we ended the call.

I felt a bit better after I brushed my teeth again, but I wasn't still feeling good enough to eat anything. I paced through the dorm, looking for something to do. I decided to open that computer that Kyuhyun had given me, and install all the softwares that were necessary. I felt like playing Starcraft, but I didn't want to play it alone, and I was sure I couldn't call Kyuhyun again. The night before hadn't really gone that well, and I was scared of what I could do if I was alone with him again.

I went back in to the bedroom while I waited for the computer to upload all the data and decided to put some clothes on. I didn't feel like putting on any dresses or tunics, so I grabbed a T-shirt from Minho's shelf and pulled it on. It was too big, so I knot it on my waist, so it looked fashionable. Then I pulled on my own black skinny jeans and those basic black high heels.Then I went to put on some make up and brush my hair.

My hair is just so useless, I don't know what to do with it. If I try to straighten it, two seconds and it's curly again. It's not even like curly curly, it's jsut a bit wavy. I just let it hang loose and tried to concentrate on my make up. I chose a bright red lip gloss and some black eyeshadow. Then I slipped on the pair of black sunglasses I had noticed on Minho's desk, and stole a hat from his closet as well, one of those straw hats that were probably in fashion. At least I don't think he'd have one if it wasn't fashionable.

I had disguised myself so well that I wasn't scared of going out. I grabbed the keys and the rest of the money Minho had left me and shove them in my pocket. Also I remembered to take my phone with me, since I'd never know if someone called me. First time in a long while that there even was someone to call to me.

I went to see a movie, which is a bit sad thing to do alone, but I was bored. I chose the only romantic comedy that was benig showed and bought myself a big cup of soda. When the movie ended, I decided to go eat something, since I hadn't eaten anything yet, and my stomach was all empty because of all the throwing up earlier. When I walked past an alley, I heard people shouting there, so I stopped to look.

- Yah , get your hands off me! I haven't done anything! Someone yelled and punched someone else in the face.

I tiptoed closer and saw four girls, one being cornered against the wall. She was the one who had been punching someone. I saw her nose was bleeding, the blood shone red when the light hit it.

- I haven't touched your precious Minho, so get the **** outta my face!

Minho? Was she talking about my Minho. Now I had to go even closer and as I approached them the three girls, who all looked a lot more wounded than the aggresive girl noticed me and ran away. They were really scared. The girl who was now left alone leaned against the wall, panting heavily as I got to her. Her face was turned the other way, and I was hesitating to get close to her. He had looked really violent.

- Excuse me, are you okay? I asked as I watched her wipe her bleeding nose to her sleeve.

My mouth fell open and I had to take off my sunglasses when I saw her face. It was almost like looking into a mirror. Her face was excatly like mine, except that her eyes were brown while mine were rainbow colored. I stared at her and she looked back at me and froze as well.

- Yeah yeah, I'm fine- WHAT? Who are you?

 I got shocked again. I hadn't noticed it before, but even her voice was exactly like mine. Her nose started to drip again, and again she wiped the blood on her sleeve, like she didn't care.

- I think I could ask you the same question... Why do you look like me?

She gazed me from my toes to my hair, looking for the similarities. She saw the same as me. Our faces and figures were exactly alike, her brown eyes were the only things that separated her from my reflection. Even her hair was almost similar to mine, just a bit longer and darker compared to my over-shoulder lenght, light brown hair.

She shook her head and came closer to me, her eyes almost maching my eye level, she was a bit shorter because I was wearing heels.

- What on earth is going on? We both said in unison and it freaked me out, because even our tones were excatly alike.

Without another word we took each other's hands and walked out of the alley and she followed me to the dorm. It was like a quiet undesrtanding, we both wanted to know the reason of this similarity. I took her inside the dorm, without even thinking tat she might do something bad, like murder me. I didn't think that someone who looked like me could be evil, even though I had seen her beating another girl in the alleyway.

I lead her in the living room and gestured her to wait there. She sat on the sofa and I ran into the bathroom to find her something for her bleeding nose. I ran back to her and handed her some paper and a cold pack to prevent any bruising. She took them and smiled at me, but her smile quickly faded when she looked into my eyes again. I sat there next to her, and she started to talk.

- I quess you are the one who I can thank of all those shawols trying to murder me.

I smiled sadly and nodded.

- Yes, probably. I am so sorry. I never thought that there was someone else to take the blows meant for me. Really, I'm sorry.

- It's okay. I usually get out of it without any marks on me that I have been fighting. Usually it's the other girls who look beaten. But who exactly are you?

- I'm sorry, I haven't even told my name. I am Erika, I came here from Finland.

- Oh, Finland? I have lived there. I don't really remember it, because I was just two when we moved here with my mom, but she'd dead now so I'm alone. Ah, right you don't know my name either, I'm Sofia.

My eyes widened again when she told me she'd lived in Finland. How can it be that two people who look alike are both from the same country? Things were really getting weird.

- Umm, how do you look like me? Well, at least I think you look like me, you are just prettier.

She shrugged and shook her head.

- That is just as big question for me as it is for you. Could we ask someone?

- Hah, who would be a person you could ask "Hey, I just found this girl tat looks exactly like me, what is the deal with that?"

We both laughed since my tone sounded ridiculous. While we were laughing, both the same undescribable laughter, my phone rang. It was my mother. Then I realized that she was the one we could ask, she could knoww something if there was anything to know.

(This whole conversation is supposed to be in finnish, but I figured that it will be easier for you if I just english it up right away.)

- Hello, mom! How is it that you're calling me? It's really expensive!

- I know that, but it was your birthday yesterday and I just wanted to say happy birthday. I tried to call you yesterday but you didn't answer.

Ah, that was probably the call I was too tired to answer. I hadn't even checked who it was.

- Well thank you. My birthday really was a day to remember, I had so much fun.

- I am glad you did. Would you mind telling me what you did? Have you got any friends there?

Sofia was glaring at me the entire time, not really understanding what we were talking, but looking slightly like she understood some of the words. I felt bad to speak finnish, so she couldn't understand, but I felt comfortable speaking finnish to my mother.

- Umm, I have friends, many friends. Guy... friends.

- Ah, are you saying that you have a boyfriend? That is so sweet! Did you spend the day with him?

- Umm, I... I spent the day with one of my friends, we played Starcraft together... You might have heard his name before, it's Cho Kyuhyun.

Mom turned silent for a moment, but then she talked, with a slightly guestioning tone. Sofia's head springed up when she heard Kyuhyun's name.

- Ah, isn't that one of those singers you like really much? From that band with many many members? Did you really meet him? Are you kidding me now?

I shook my head and smiled. I was happy that she remembered hearing the name.

- Yes he is, and no, I am not kidding. Actually all my friends here are from the music industry...

- Oh, your boyfriend too? You are one lucky girl!

- I know... But anyway now that we are talking I have a question for you... Why is there a girl who looks just like me sitting in front of me now, speaking fluent korean and saying that she has lived in finland when she was little?

Again the line fell silent, I couldn't hear a thing from my mother. Then I heard a loud sigh, and when she answered her voice sounded a bit panicky.

- What is that girl's name?

- Sofia.

- Right, right... She is your twin sister.