Immobilized, frozen and disturbed

Someone saved my pathetic life [ hiatus until a random day X ]

I am staring down at the waves below, the black water under the bridge. The waves crashed to the rocks that peeped from the water, just a bit above the waterline. I had been standing there for almost 5 hours now, waiting to see the rocks so I would know where would be the perfect spot to aim to.

The street was silent, because it was raining and it was already three in the morning. The bridge wasn't the most popular one, so only a few cars had passed since I had stood there. The drivers couldn't see me because of the lousy weather.

I had chosen this place amongst all places in the world, because my father had always said to me that it was impossible for me to get here. After that my only purpose in life was to make this happen so that my father would have to bite the bitterness of my success. Now I am here, in Seoul and my father had to accept that he was wrong. HA, in his face.

Maybe jumping off a bridge isn't the best way to end your life if you have a fear of heights. I should've thought this through a few times. The fear of the long drop was overcoming the craving of dying. I just stood there on the rail of the bridge, waiting to the fear to subside, but it was taking so long. Then I heard steps coming closer.

- Hey girl, what are you doing there? You'll fall down!

A bitter smile abducted my lips. I didn't raise my gaze from the perfect spot I had just found, even though the voice sounded a bit familiar.

It's impossible that he's someone I know, I don't know anyone from here.

- Well have you thought that that is maybe what I am supposed to do? I answered, not really caring if he still was there or not.

At that very moment I was happy that I had learned Korean, even though my father had always been dissing me about it.

- What on earth is that supposed to mean? You aren't going to jump down are you? He's voice sounded to tremble a bit.

- That is exactly what I mean. I don't have anything to live for. Tears started to fall from my eyes, but it didn't matter since it was raining anyway.

An unpleasant silence filled the air. Then I felt a tiny tug on my sleeve.

- You can't do that. I love you.

I swiftly turned around to stare at him in shock, not really seeing him accurately since I raised my eyes from the water for the first time in five hours and my eyesight was a bit hazy. While I was standing on the trail his eyes were at the same height as mine.

- What are you babbling about you moron? I don't even know you!

- Well that was enough to get you off the trail, wasn't it? He smiled at me and I noticed that I was actually standing on the walk.

I just stared at the road below me, not knowing what to say.

- I'm sorry... I finally said.

- You weren't really going to jump, were you? He asked now with concerne in his voice, his hands were on my shoulders.

Why would he care, it's none of his business!

But I think he's right.

- No I wasn't. I'm scared of heights. I should figure out something else...

He wrapped his arms around me. He felt warm against my frozen, cold body.

- I'm not going to let you kill yourself, okay, noona?

- I doubt that you are younger than me, but whatever. I don't really care about anything.

- You could start caring about me... The whisper was so silent that I doubt it wasn't really meant for me, but still it made me feel a bit better.

- Hey noona, I should take you home now, you're cold as ice. Where do you live?

I shook my head against his chest.

- I don't live here. If you're planning to take me home it would take almost nine hours, by plane.

- Okay, I'll just take you to our dorms then. It's not far away.

He started to walk and pulled my arm but I couldn't follow him. I sighed.

- I'm sorry but I can't move my legs. I just have to stay here.

The man snorted.

- That is not a reason to just stay here and freeze to death.

Suddenly I felt that I was no longer touching the ground. He had taken me to his arms, carrying me to the direction, I suppose, where his dorms are.

If he's some sort of a creep, I don't care...

If he saved me just to kill me himself, I don't care...

But I am glad I got to meet him before I died

The only one who ever "cared" for me.

- I'm happy that the dorm is so empty now, so you can rest there as much as you need. I mean, Taemin and Key are coming back in a few days but Onew and Jonghyun aren't coming back before the next week. I'll make you a bed in Key's room, I don't think he'd mind...

My eyesight was sharpening bit by bit as I listened only half-heartedly to his babbling, and I started to notice that he wasn't a complete stranger to me after all. I mean, I never had the chance to meet him personally, but al the varieties and music videos had imprinted his picture on my brains. I gasped for air when I stared at his serious jawline and those beautiful eyes that had sometimes filled my dreams.

He was looking forward but when he heard my gasp his eyes suddenly turned to me.

- Are you okay? he asked and studied my face with his eyes.

- You're SHINee's Minho!

He smiled at my exclamation.

- Yes, not so nice to meet you during these circumstances. And you are?

- So I am not your noona after all! I'm younger than you.

That was the only thing that popped into my head at that moment, even though he had asked for my name. He looked at me as if he thought I was completely mental.

- Okay, but I doubt that your name is "younger than you". Could you please tell me your name?

I mentally facepalmed myself and blushed even though my face was completely frozen.

- I'm sorry. My name is Erika. Nice to meet you, Minho-oppa.

I watched as the raindrops dripped from the tip of his nose.

- I think it's nice too, that I met you. You would probably be at the bottom of that river over there if I hadn't showed up.

I wasn't listening to him at all, I just hummed the song Lucifer without even noticing it. It was my favorite song from SHINee, it's even my ringtone.

I sang the words "naleul saneun iyula, malhago, malhago" unaware of singing them outloud, but aware of how well they fitted this situation.

He started to laugh, and I couldn't understand what he was laughing about. I poked his cheek with my index finger.

- What's so funny? I asked and pouted my lips.

- I didn't understand that you might recognize me... I'm just surprised, that's all.

- You are like this big star all over the world, and you walk around without understanding that people might recognize you? Are you a bit dumb or something, oppa? It was my turn to laugh, but the laughter was taken over by a loud attack of coughing.

His jawline tightened again, he's face was looking very serious.

- I need to get you inside, fast. He snarled through his compressed teeth. He started to run.

- I'm sorry.

He squeezed me tighter against his chest.

- I am trying to save your life, and you say thet you are SORRY?

My eyes widened and I lowered my look away from his mesmerizing face. He looked even more handsome live than in the pictures.

- Oh, right. I'm sorry. I lowered my look, away from his face.

- Look at me. he demanded and I of course obeyed. He shook his head to me.

- You need to stop saying that you're sorry about everything.

I lowered my gaze again and squeezed my hands against my chest.

- Oh, you're right. I'm so-

- Yah, didn't we just talk about that?

- Ah, right.

The rest of the way we both were quiet. I got my courage back and continued to stare at his face, trying to save every little detail in my head for the rest of my life. I tried to figure out how long it was going to be, and for the first time in a long while, I didn't know.