23

Before The Dawn

 

The boys eagerly waited for their dinner. Soon the long dining table was filled with food of all sorts. 
 
"Dig in boys! cheers!" Mr. Kim raised his glass and so did the others.
 
"eww. The taste." Sungjong whispered to Sungyeol, who was also having a hard time finishing the wine.
 
Mr. Kim laughed heartily. "Looks like our Sungjongie hasn't acquired a taste for wine yet!" his attention shifted to Woohyun was enjoying his steak. "How's the wife?" 
 
Woohyun decided to play along and replied. "Oh she's doing very well." 
 
"How many are the kids alrea-"
 
Myungsoo suddenly slammed his fork on the table. "Excuse me for a minute."
 
All eyes were on him until he disappeared into the living room.
 
"What's with him?" Dongwoo said with a mouthful of mashed potatoes.
 
===
 
Myungsoo splashed some cold water on his face to keep calm.
 
He knew it was fake. How could Myunghee fall for Woohyun? He was suddenly filled with hate towards him.
 
A knock came to the door. "Myungsoo, you okay?" Sunggyu asked his dongsaeng.
 
Myungsoo quickly flushed the toilet on purpose. "I'm okay hyung!"
 
"Do you need some medicine?"
 
"No thanks. Just enjoy the dinner!" 
 
 
 
Sunggyu came back to the dining area and sat back down. "No need to worry about L. I think it's just a stomach problem."  he chuckled. 
 
"Thanks for telling us." Hoya pushed the plate of mashed potatoes drowning in gravy away from him.
 
"Well, I don't want to get tempted and eat ice cream. I've been watching my weight." Mr. Kim stood up. "You enjoy the ice cream. I've asked the chef to make some for all of you. Some wine ice cream for Sungjong too!" Mr. Kim laughed for the last time before he left.
 
"I wish Myungsoo was as funny as his dad." Dongwoo said.
 
"Yah. Don't be like that. Imagine a prankster L. Sungyeol is enough." Woohyun told him. His phone suddenly vibrated in his pocket.
 
 Come home already. You have a visitor.
 
"Was that Myunghee?" Sungyeol asked him. He tried peeking but Woohyun shoved his phone back inside his pocket. 
 
"No. It was my mother. She's asking me to go back already. I was planning to go to Myunghee's after this."  he was visibly irritated.
 
"Hyung, you know how your mother is. You should go home while she's still in a good mood." Sungjong advised  his hyung.
 
"Well." Woohyun thought for a couple of seconds. "Okay. Just tell Myungsoo that it's an emergency and I have to go." ^^
 
 
 
===
 
Mrs. Nam poured more tea for Krystal. They were in the spacious living room waiting for Woohyun. "He'll be here in a couple of minutes." she said to break the silence.  Krystal bowed and sipped some tea. 
 
"Is it really okay for me to stay here? I can pay rent."
 
"No need Krystal! You're like a daughter to me. Woohyun would also be thrilled I'm sure."
 
Woohyun walked in the living room. "Umma where's the vi-"
 
Krystal suddenly shot up from her seat and bowed. "Good Evening!"
 
It took him a few seconds to realize who the person was. Krystal Jung. 
 
Mrs. Nam walked up to him and gave him a hug. "Krystal just came to Korea. She'll be staying with us for a few days."
 
Krystal bowed again. "I hope it's okay with you Oppa."
 
"Of course it's okay!" Mrs. Nam said before Woohyun could reply. "Oh and I'll be at my bedroom if you need me." she told both of them before she left.
 
Woohyun akwardly sat next to her. "How are you?"
 
'Oh I'm okay!" she replied. "Do you want some tea?"
 
"No thanks. Umm. I hope you can meet Myunghee."
 
"Myunghee?" 
 
"She's my girlfriend."
 
"You consider her your girlfriend?" Krystal replied a bit surprised. Of course she knew that he was engaged but it never crossed her mind that Woohyun would actually fall for the girl. 
 
"Yes." Woohyun said flatly. 
 
Krystal pursed her lips. The name sounded really familiar.
 
 
 
===
 
Myungsoo was playing Doodle Jump on his iPhone while he waited for the others to finish eating their tubs of ice cream. He got bored and  pressed the notes app. He started typing:
 
My name is Kim Myungsoo.
 
I'm used to getting all the things I want.
 
Ever since I was a child, I'd get anything with a snap of a finger. But now, the thing I like the most is out of reach.
 
You.
 
You're so close to me, yet so far away. It may sound cliche but it's true. 
 
Love is really complicated don't you think?
 
I always try my best to avoid these feelings but I always fail. 
 
I hope you tell me that you would never be able to love someone like me. 
 
Tell me how much you hate me. 
 
Tell me that I'm not the right one for you so that it would be easier for me to let you go. 
 
 
 
 
 
Because I love you too much.
 
 
 
Myungsoo read his work again and chuckled softly. 
 
"It may sound lame but it's what I feel." he reminded himself.