02

Before The Dawn

You woke up the next morning with a bouquet of roses and carnations on your study table. You didn't bother checking them out because you quickly dressed up. You didn't want to be late for L.

What if he decided that you weren't worth his time? You ran down the stairs and almost knocked off a maid carrying a very expensive vase.

"What is wrong with Myunghee today?" the maid wondered.

You reached the BBQ Restaurant near a mall and found L waiting outside. "Didn't think you'll come." he said with a grin. 

"I did. So, you ready? we'll take a taxi."

"It's ok. I have a car."

"oh sure. ^^ "

The car came to a halt. "let's just park here. " He went out and opened the door for you. "ladies first." ^^

You entered the living room and found Woohyun sitting on the couch tapping away on his phone. His eyes  widen in surprise as soon as he sees you and L together. 

it's working..." you thought. "Woohyun-ssi, this is L. he's my -"

"Myungsoo! What are you doing here?" he gave Myungsoo a playful punch on the shoulder. "Myunghee, I didn't know that you're friends with him."

 "D- do you two know each other?" you stuttered.

"Of course! he's my friend." Woohyun told you. 

That guy. He completely tricked you. You looked at him with disbelief and anger. Friends? Explains why he took the offer so quickly.

He was smiling as if nothing had happened. 

"How did you go here?" he asked Myungsoo.

"umm..my abeoji sent me to say thanks to Mr. Lee, he gave my father some expensive chocolates the other day." he said. 

You told Woohyun  that you were on the way home when Myungsoo asked for directions to the house. Both of you were going to the same place so you just decided to walk together. Thankfully, he bought the story.

It was the first time in your life that you have felt so emabrassed and pathetic. But you were still a bit thankful because Myungsoo didn't tell him a single thing about your 'plan'. 

Which made you wonder.Why didn't he, when he had all the reason to tell Woohyun?

That event was quickly forgotten by Woohyun when he took you out. But it remained in your thoughts until you fell asleep that night.

~♥~