Chapter 20: Christmas?

Undecided

Winter was already here. The weather had turned colder, every path was filled with snow and we were on winter break. For the past 2 months I had been working on the sweater and was finally able to finish it last week, as for Cherreen she gave up the moment we started, she found it too hard and stuck to the idea of just buying a present. I was really excited about Christmas which was right around the corner, in 2 days to be exact. I arranged a date for Nichkhun and I. The way I conceived it after having a meal on Christmas, I would give him my present, then we would go out to the park where a big decorated Christmas tree was located; the plan was so perfect and I was really excited.

“Are you doing anything this Christmas?” I asked while skipping to sit next to Nichkhun.

“I have class in the morning, but I’ve cleared the rest of the day just for you,” he replied making me smile.

“Want to go somewhere on Christmas?”

“Where?”

“Well, there is this park that lights up a big Christmas tree every year, and I’ve heard that if you make a wish there on Christmas night your wish will come true.”

“Who told you that?”

“My friend, she said it worked for her.”

“I don’t believe in superstitious things like that.”

“It’s worth a try,” I smiled, tugging on his hands. He nodded, and I jumped up thanking him.

“You don’t need to be so excited, it’s just a park.”

“Sure,” I nodded and got up.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“Upstairs, I have something to take care of.”

I walked upstairs and closed the door jumping around. I smiled and ran towards the closet opening up my bag, inside laid 2 tickets. For the past month I hadn’t only been working on the sweater, I was also saving money and I managed to save enough to afford two tickets to an amusement park. It took me a lot of struggle to get the ticket but I was able to get them both for the price of ₩200,000. The park was known for being the place for couples to be on Christmas, and I couldn’t wait to surprise Nichkhun with the tickets. I put the tickets back in the bag and closed the closet. I walked up to the bed, lied down and the tv.

I must have fallen asleep because I was later woken up by a few knocks on the door; I slid out of bed and opened the door to find Cherreen standing outside the door with a huge grin.

“Guess what I am doing on Christmas,” she hugged me pushing me back in the room.

“Hmm lets see, I bet it has something to do with Wooyoung.”

“You are no fun, you shouldn’t be guessing on the first try.”

“It’s not my fault, it was so obvious. Your face revealed everything,” I teased.

“He took a break on Christmas just so he can spend it with me,” she squealed, flailing her arms.

“I hope you guys have fun,” I laughed walking towards the bathroom to wash my face.

“I wonder how he would react to his present,” she yelled across the room.

“Well, you are his girlfriend. I bet he will like anything you give him.”

“Yeah, but I want his feelings to be genuine.”

“Then it’s going to depend on what you bought him.”

“Did you finish the sweater yet?”

“Yes, I have it right there in the closet,” I grabbed a towel wiping my face. I walked out of the bathroom and saw Cherreen going through the closet.

“Top right,” I guided her. I sat down on the bed changing the channel.

“This is really good,” I heard her exclaim, “If I hadn’t known you made it, I would have totally thought you bought it,” she praised. I smiled gleaming at her compliment, I was really proud of the sweater. I challenged myself a couple of times while making it and I was really proud of the outcome. The sweater was white with a red heart embroidered right in on the left side of it, the design of the shirt took a while to grasp but after a few says of working on it, it became easier.

“Thank you.”

“I bet he is going to like it, he is a er for things with sentimental value,” She folded the sweater.

“I hope so, I am nervous about giving it to him.”

“You shouldn’t be, because I am sure he will love it,” she reassured getting up, “I am going to bed now, I am sleepy,” she walked towards the door “Aja Aja fighting,” she said one last time before going out. I got up from the bed and went downstairs. The house was strangely quiet so I decide to make myself some food and watch TV, I looked at the clock and it was 11pm, I had spent most of the day sleeping and now that I was awake everyone else was sleeping. I passed the rest of the night watching TV until 5am and went back to sleep. As I already guessed I wasted most of the next day in bed sleeping. By the time I woke up it was already 5pm, the moment i saw the time I rushed off the bed and took a quick shower. When I was done I joined Cherreen and Nichkhun who were sitting on the living room couch watching TV.

“Good morning or should I say afternoon, sleeping beauty,” Nichkhun greeted. I waved at them and sat in the couch. I had just woken up and I wasn’t exactly in the best mood to talk, I sat next to Nichkhun snuggling up to him.

“You feel like a big soft pillow,” I mumbled.

“I think all that sleep has affected you,” he chuckled. I snuggled closer my lids threatening to fall again. I opened my eyes again and walked to the kitchen to get something to eat.

“Where are auntie and uncle?” I asked.

Nichkhun and Cherreen looked towards my direction, “Oh, you didn’t know? They left for their annual Christmas vacation yesterday.”

“What time did they leave?” I asked grabbing the milk.

“Around 8; since you were sleeping we decided not to wake you up.”

“You should have still done it,” I walked back to the leaving room.

“I am sure they didn’t mind, sleeping beauty.”

“I hope that is not your new nickname for me.”

“Why?”

“It sounds cheesy,” I laughed and sat back next to him. For the next few hours we watched a few movies and at around 12 we all decided to call it a night. I wasn’t specifically sleepy but I wanted to maintain my schedule and wake up early the next day since I had a busy day ahead.

I woke up at around 1pm the next day, finding nobody at home, Nichkhun had already gone to school and Cherreen was probably out accompanying Wooyoung. I decided to go out and buy some ingredients to make a Christmas dinner. The shopping didn’t take long and I was soon back home cooking. I ended making bulgogi accompanied with rice, Kalbi, chapchae, and to add a bit of an American feel to it I made turkey; in the oven laid a cake I was baking. I sighed and walked to the couch turning on the TV, making the Christmas dinner was tiring, it took me nearly 3 hours to finish and I still had the cake left to do. It was almost 5 pm and Nichkhun would be back anytime soon. I took a break and went back to the kitchen decorating the cake and stored it in the fridge. After finishing I walked back to my room and took a shower.

 

“Who is it?” I yelled drying myself as I heard a knock.

“It’s me Cherreen,” voice answered. I got up and opened the door.

“What are you doing here? I thought you were out with Wooyoung.”

“I was actually shopping around for a few things, and came back to get myself ready.”

“Are you guys going anywhere?” I asked wearing my dress.

“He said it’s a surprise and I am excited.”

“Then hurry up and get ready, you don’t want to keep your boyfriend waiting,” I laughed.

“Got it, I am going now. See you later,” She rushed out of my room, “And don’t forget to tell me how your event goes when I come back,” she yelled across the hall. I smiled and walked back to the bathroom to make my hair.

It was 6pm by the time Nichkhun came back from school, and I was waiting for him in glee, I couldn’t stop anticipating my first Christmas with him. The moment he entered the room I ran to him and hugged him.

“Welcome back,” I cheered. He glanced down and put down the bag he was holding.

“Someone seems excited,” he hugged me back.

“Of course it’s our first Christmas together,” I smiled.

“I am going to get a quick shower and come down, and then I am all yours,” he picked up the bag and marched towards his room. I walked to the kitchen and started setting up the table, I took out the bag of fermented kimchi I bought earlier and set it up on the table.

“Something smells delicious,” Nichkhun commented as he came down the stairs. He was wearing some dark dress jeans with a white sweater, a simple and casual look. He walked up to the table and looked in awe “you made all of this?” I nodded in response to his question and ushered him to sit down. I looked at him hopefully as he took his first bite.

“Wah, this is good,” he exclaimed and ate more, I laughed at his reaction and joined him. We spent the next half an hour or so conversing about things that shouldn’t even matter. It felt nice to get to talk to him one on one, and the fact that we were now a couple made me even happier. I gazed up at his face and stood up.

“I’ll be right back,” I excused myself and went up to my room in order to retrieve my present. I looked at the nicely wrapped gift, and went through my bag taking out the 2 tickets. I slowly walked downstairs hiding the presents behind my back. I went back to my seat and sat down.

“Nichkhun, he-” I slowly extended my hand when his phone rang. He looked at me with an apologetic face and stood up to answer his phone. I put the presents back to their previous position and smiled waiting for him to comeback. After a few minutes I decided to go look for him. I walked towards the direction he went.

“Nichkhun?” I called out, there was no response. I turned back around when I heard his voice in the opposite direction. I marched towards the direction when I could hear the distress in his voice.

“Hello? Yoona?  Can you hear me?” His voice sounded frantic. I walked closer and I could hear a few cries from the distance. I guessed that the cries were probably from Yoona and stood still. “Don’t do anything, I’ll be right there Yoona,” Nichkhun turned around.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Yoona called, it sounded like something happened. She sounded very sad, I am going to comfort her.”

“B-but you,” I stuttered.

“I what?” he grabbed his jacket.

“You promised we would spend today together,” I answered. I probably sounded very whiny right now, but he had still promised me he would spend today with me and I even spent the money I saved just so we could have a special date.

“My friend is in need right now,” He walked pass me.

“Doesn’t she have a boyfriend?” my voice trembled; I couldn’t believe he was willing to leave me home, alone for the sake of Yoona.

“Yes, she does. What does that have to do with anything?” He sent me a cold glare.

“Why did she have to call you? She has a boyfriend, why can’t he be the one to comfort her?”

“You know what Victoria? You are being very selfish right now.”

“You can go see her anytime, any day, but please not today. I’m begging you,” I swallowed my pride and jumped in front of the door. “And I’ve already,” I reached behind my back to take out the tickets.

“And you’ve already what? Victoria stop it with the childishness, I need to go right now” he tried to push pass me. I stood my ground, I probably looked pretty pitiful at the moment yet I didn’t mind.

“Move!” He glared at me, his voice going down an octave. I froze, for the sake of Yoona Nichkhun had turned against me. I slowly slid out of the way trembling, I was hurting and my tears were threatening to fall. I put up a strong front and watched him push pass me. As his silhouette disappeared in the darkness, the tears I held back slid down. I walked back inside the house before lying on the ground trembling, i felt... betrayed. After what seemed like forever, I got up from the ground and walked to the table cleaning up the food that was never finished. I heard a few footsteps as I was cleaning and my heart raced. Had he come back? My eyes wondered looking for the familiar figure, instead I was welcomed by Cherreen instead.

“What are you doing here?” I wiped any leftover tears.

“I forgot my present here and I had to come back,” she ran. I looked at her my heart aching.

“Where's Nichkhun?”

“Oh, him? He left for a while but he’ll be back,” I smiled, trying to erase any doubt she might have.

She was about to run out again when I called her back. “Wait, I have something to give you,” I walked towards the tickets. “Here,” I handed them to her.

“What’s this?” she asked curiously.

“My Christmas present. I planned on giving you something else but I thought this would be better.”

“These are expensive,” she exclaimed.

“No biggie,” I patted her back. Since I wasn’t about to use it anyways, it was better to give it to someone who will. Cherreen hugged me as she cheered and ran back out the door, yelling thanks and compliments; I smiled and walked back into the house. I was left all alone again. The darkness of the house comforted me, I had become accustomed to being left alone, first my parents and now Nichkhun it was nothing new. I walked back to my room and laid down crying myself to sleep.


NEW CHAPTER UP (^_^)/ Thank you everyone who voted for the new poster, I am going to be updating the Foreword as soon as this chapter is up. I know it is weird seing a christmas related chapter in the summer (i felt really weird writing this lol) But i had planned on adding this part to the story since the start, and i just couldnt skip it. Since it was one of the basis on the story.

P.s the poster&poll chapter will be deleted soon.

Thank you db5k_aktf , khuntoriafan , putri0209 , vicqian , khunviclurve , yuhan0826 for commenting. 

See you next time 

Victoria+Song+f%2528x%2529+Cute+Excited+