Chapter 19: Worries...

Undecided

“Nope”

“Too short.”

“Too long.”

“Too colorful, what are you trying to do? Attract every insect in the world?”

“Too dark, are you going to a funeral?”

“How about you pick the outfit,” I demanded exasperated, Cherreen and I have been up in the bedroom for the last hour or two and we had yet to find the perfect outfit. Whenever I tried something Cherreen would comment on it and it wasn’t the best response, I’ve changed my clothes at least 15 times and none of them seem to please her, she always found something negative about the outfit.

“But I want you to be comfortable in what you wear, so I think you should choose.”

“Well that’s not what your actions are saying, just get up and help me. Taecyeon is coming in about 10 minutes and I am still not ready.”

Cherreen jerked her head and stared at me shocked, “What do you mean 10 minutes? Why didn’t you tell me so? How do you expect to look ready in 10 minutes? Oh my god, Victoria you should have warned me, how about your hair? And your makeup? Argghhhh,” she panicked.

“Well if you had not been so judgmental I would have been done an hour ago.”

“Don’t you dare sass me,” she came out of the closet holding a few outfits.

I laughed, “You don’t need to panic, I am not planning on wearing any make up and my hair doesn’t take that long.”

“What do you mean no makeup?”

“We are going to the park for a picnic; I don’t think I need makeup and heels for that.”

“Oh,” she nodded handing me an outfit. The outfit she handed me consisted of grey pants bordered with white, and a simple white t-shirt.

“You’re telling me you’ve been making me try clothes for the last one hour just to end up wearing this?”

“I think it looks good,” she smiled. I walked by her and looked at the mirror, just as she mentioned the outfit did not look half as bad as I imagined it. I looked at her and nodded then proceeded to walk to the bathroom to do my hair. After I was done preparing I went downstairs, finding Nichkhun and Taecyeon sitting in the living room.

“We’ve been waiting, let’s go” Taecyeon instructed. We followed him out to his car.

“Victoria come with me, we’re going separately,” Nichkhun commanded, I turned around following Nichkhun.

“Which park are we going to?” I asked as soon as we reached the car, Nichkhun smiled and turned inserted his seat belt.

“You’ll find out.”

“Why can’t you tell me?”

“No reason,” he smiled “I just love making you curious,” he laughed as he started driving. Throughout the car ride I stayed silent listening to the music and looking at the scenery in awe. We reached the park a few minutes later.

“This place is big,” I exclaimed as I came out of the room. I could hear Nichkhun laugh as he opened up the trunk of the car, taking out a basket and a blanket.

“Let’s go,” he closed the trunk and held my hand. From afar I spotted Taecyeon and Yoona walking towards us. Unlike my plain outfit Yoona was wearing a white dress that flowed off her body through the waist and stopped just above her knees along with come brown wedges. Taecyeon waved at us and pointed to the right, we soon reached them and walked towards the same direction.

“Nice to see you again,” Yoona smiled waving at me. I nodded my head and smiled back, I noticed her eyes lowering to my hand which was enclosed with Nichkhun’s; her smile faltered a little but not enough to be noticed. I decided to ignore the feeling I got, and turned my attention back to Nichkhun. We walked for a few more minutes before reaching a big tree and settled down.

“This place is really beautiful,” I commented, taken by my surrounding.

“Not the only beautiful thing in my view,” Nichkhun spoke. I looked at him and faked a cringe.

“That is too cheesy,” I laughed tapping his shoulder. He moved closer and whispered in my ears.

“That’s not the only cheesy one I have,” he smiled, I looked at him and raised an eyebrows. “You want to hear it?” he asked, I nodded slightly.

“I want to take you in one mouthful like cheese,” he whispered. I tried to keep a straight face but ended laughing harder than I expected.

“Oh my god, ewwwwwww,” I rubbed my arm as if to touch the invisible goosebumps, “who taught you that line? A bunch of prepubescent boys?”

“It’s actually from a very famous song,” he laughed.

“Well the writers of those lyrics should be fired.”

“Well their fans actually love the songs.”

“Are you sure they even understand what they are saying?”

“Positive, they performed it once and girls were screaming their heads off.”

“Ahem,” someone interrupted; we turned around to find Taecyeon and Yoona staring at us, “would you care to share?” Taecyeon asked.

Nichkhun faced him “mind your own beeswax,” he laughed, Taecyeon got up and fake punched him. I looked at the scene laughing. We spent the next few hours of the picnic chatting and joking together. From time to time I would chat with Yoona and that was it.  We left the park about 4 hours later and came back home.

“Did you have fun?” Nichkhun asked the moment we reached the living room.

“It was really fun,” I nodded smiling. I looked at Nichkhun and hesitated, “Um Nichkhun?” I called his name, he turned back and looked at me “never mind,” I turned back and proceeded to go upstairs. Since I saw Yoona’s glance I’ve been getting an uneasy feeling. What if she still liked him unlike what she said at the skating ring? And what if he also has lingering feelings for her? Would he go back to her if she ever asked? What if he doesn’t like me as much as I think? I entered the room and went straight to bed. I had to clear my mind. This couldn’t continue, I was poisoning my own mind with thoughts I shouldn’t have. He was obviously dating me and Yoona was dating his best friend, there was no way he would betray his friend for his own advantage, he already gave her up once for Taecyeon’s stake. I closed my eyes trying to sleep, hoping by the time I get up I would have forgotten every doubt I had.

I was woken up by the alarm later that morning. I went to take a shower when I noticed eye bags under my eyes. I hadn’t slept at all last night, unlike my goal I ended up staying up all night thinking. This was not normal; I should be able to trust Nichkhun enough not to doubt him. I entered the shower turning on the shower head, I stood under the cold water hoping to cleanse my thoughts. After finishing my shower I used a bit of make up to cover my bags, wore my uniform and went downstairs. I found Cherreen sitting on the couch watching tv.

“You are up late today,” she commented “this is unusual of you,” she continued “you usually wake up before me.”

“I stayed up all night thinking about stuff,” I walked towards the kitchen.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” I smiled brushing it off.

“I don’t believe you,” she looked at me with concern written all over her face.

“No, really it’s nothing,” I smiled brighter, hoping it would lower her suspicion. I saw the concern on her decrease but I could still tell she was worried. “Would you accompany me to the store after school today?” I asked changing the subject.

“What are you buying?”

“Wool,” I answered amused by the look of curiosity on her face.

“Wool? Why wool?”

“I am thinking of making Nichkhun a sweater as a present.”

“What’s the occasion?”

“Well Christmas is coming up in 2 months and I want to get started on my present, don’t tell me you have nothing planned for Wooyoung,” I commented walking out of the kitchen as Cherreen followed me.

“I do, but I can’t make a sweater so I am going with something easier, like buying a watch or something.”

 “I can teach you.”

“Sure, I don’t mind as long as I can quit whenever I feel like I can’t do it.”

“That’s not good practice.”

“Hey, at least I am willing to try,” she argued.

“Fair enough,” I drank my cup, and grabbed my bag walking out of the house.

The school day was everything it usually was. The moment we reached school Wooyoung was waiting at the gate, as soon as he saw Cherreen he ran towards us and walked with us to class. Then we proceeded to our dance class and other classes, and as fast as a blink of an eye the school day was over. When we went into the car, I asked the driver to go to the market first.

“What color are you going to buy?” Cherreen asked looking around.

“Ummh I think I am going to buy white,” I answered reaching out for the white wool; I also took a blue one just in case. I paid for the wool and went back to the car.

We arrived home to find Nichkhun sitting in the living room. The moment we entered his face jerked in our direction and he got up.

“Where were you guys?” he asked “you are 20 minutes late.”

“We went out to buy something,” I answered walking upstairs to my room. I sat down the bag of wool I bought and changed out of my uniform. After grabbing my tape measure I walked back down stairs.

“Nichkhun can you stand up for a while?”

“What for?” He dropped the orange he was eating in a plate.

“You’ll see once you get up,” I smiled.

“I have a weird feeling about this,” he commented getting up.

“Spread your arms.”

“Ok.”

“Now stand still,” I walked up to him measuring his arm length.

“What are you doing?” He asked moving his head.

“Just stand still,” I laughed. I finished measuring his arm and went over to the shoulders.

“How long is this going to take?” he asked in a whiny tone.

“Almost done,” I answered moving in front of him to measure his waist. I extended my arms around him until I could grab the end of the tape with my other hand, I slowly moved back sliding the tape measure around his waist. “Hmmm waist 3-,” I got cut off as Nichkhun hugged me. “What are you doing?” I asked trying to wiggle out of his hold.

“I’d like to ask the same question. What are you doing?” He asked.

“I am not telling you,” I responded as I felt him hug me harder.

“Well then, I am not letting go until you answer me.”

“Are you threatening me?”

“No, I am informing you,” I felt him squeeze harder. I struggled against his chest. “You should stop if you don’t want to fall,” he advised. I struggled until my hands were free and tried to tickle him “I am not a ticklish person Victoria,” he chuckled. I stopped with the tickling and poked his sides instead, he started moving a little and I smiled victoriously; he was finally about to let go when I felt myself being grabbed down.

“Owww,” I moved sitting back up.

“I told you we were going to fall if you kept going,” he laughed as I joined him.

“You should have let go.”

“But I wanted to know what you were doing.”

“Then wait just a minute, I need to finish something.”

“What are you doing,” he asked as I reached out for the tape measure.

“I need to take one last measurement,” I grabbed hold of the tape and tried to measure his head.

“What are you measuring my head for?”

“I just need it, now sit still and let me finish,” I commended as I struggled to find a comfortable position “I am going to need to use you lap for a sec,” I sighted getting up from the couch and sat on Nichkhun’s lap.

“What are you doing?”

“Trying to get comfortable,” I shifted positions. “Much better,” I exhaled a breath, after minutes of moving around I finally found a comfortable position, I leaned in and started measuring his head.

“Umm victoria, are you sure about this position?” he asked.

“What’s wrong with it?”

“Well, you are kind of straddling me.”

“And?” I asked looking at him.

“And this is not the most innocent position I can think of.”

“ert,” I playfully slapped him “Not my fault you think dirty,” I moved to record the measurement of his head.

“Now tell me, what do you need all of this for?” he asked holding onto my waist, I looked up at him and smiled.

“You’ll have to find out,” I shuffled his hair about to get up.

“Not yet,” he grabbed me and gave me a quick peck. “Tell me,” I shook my head and he gave me another peck. “Tell me,” he repeated, I shook my head again. “Then what happens next is not my fault,” he gave me a peck, then another, then another.

“Stop,” I giggled.

“Tell me and I will.”

“Not happening,” I shook my head as he continued. “Okay, okay, I’ll tell you,” I surrendered.

“I’m waiting.”

“First you’ll have to let go,” I asked.

“Not going to let the same thing that happened last time happen again.”

“What thing?”

“Remember when you told me you would kiss me then ran away? Yeah~ not letting it happen again.”

“You’re saying you don’t trust me?” I asked him.

“Not that I don’t trust you, I just won’t be tricked again.”

“That really hurts me,” I faked a sad face, I felt his grip loosen and I yanked out of his hold running away to a safe distance. “Since you let me go I’ll tell you,” smiled. “I am taking your measurements because…” I whispered the last part.

“I didn’t hear you.”

“Too bad, I am not repeating myself,” I laughed “Oh, and ert,” I stuck my tongue and ran up the stairs.


New chapter up (^_^). Today is Nichkhun's birthday, so it is the perfect date to upload. I am planning on having a time skip so please don't be confused on the next chapter (although, i will make it pretty obvious). ENJOY!

THANK YOU: khuntoriafan , putri0209 , khunviclurve , vicqian For commenting (^_^) .

GOOD BYE~ FOR NOW

khuncoke1.gif