Feared and Forced

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One year had passed joyfully. Ga Eul was the best person to be with, the patient thought to herself. They talked all the time; she was such help that the patient had Ga Eul become her personal nurse. Ga Eul never went to school or studied anything related to nursing, but following the doctor around at all times, she was much experienced. 
                                                            
Ga Eul was like a daughter to the patient, the patient recalled how she loved Ga Eul for her sweetness and her honesty that she showed. The patient could easily talk to Ga Eul about anything and Ga Eul did the same.

'That's it I am going to talk to her today.' As the patient was full of thoughts, a knock is heard on the door. "Come in." The patient smiled and looks in the direction of the figure that stood by the door. A smiling Ga Eul enters with a tray of different medicines and an empty glass next to a water jug.

"Good morning Mrs. So! It's time to take your medicine. Remember the doctor have informed you to take your medicine on time to get them to work. I am not listening to any more of your excuses this time. You are going to be discharged in two days and I want you to get better sooner."

Mrs. So smiled to how caring Ga Eul was of her, "Ga Eul, I need to talk to you."

"No first take your medicine. Come on open your mouth..."

Mrs. So refuses, "please listen to me first and I promise I will take all of my medicines. "
"Promise?" Ga Eul points out her pinky and waits for Mrs. So to seal the promise. Even though Ga Eul was of an age where a pinky promise wouldn't force someone to keep a promise, she used the pinky promise anyway as she felt it always worked.

"Promise!" Mrs. So pinky promised and with that Ga Eul places the tray on the side table.

"What would you like to talk about?" 

"Ga Eul, you already know about my family right? You know what happened and how things are at the moment?" Ga Eul shook her head in confirmation. 

"Do you think of me as your mother?"

"Of course, I think if I had my own mother she wouldn't be able to love me or care about me as much as you have in the past year!" Ga Eul replied with a grin on her face.

"Ga Eul I have a favor to ask of, will you do it?" Mrs. So continued to ask questions.

"Anything you say, how can I say no?"

"I want you...to marry my son..." Mrs. So pauses her words because she knew it was all of a sudden but she knew what she wanted and why.

With shock Ga Eul stood up from the patient bed, "what?" Ga Eul looked at Mrs. So curiously.

"Ga Eul I know if you come into my son's life you can change him. I know you can. You already know of my son's reputation with girls, he is ruining his life. I know you will be able to show him reality and help him reveal his true self. I know it is all too sudden, but I want to at least see the marriage of you two before my times up. I want to see you as my daughter in law."

"Mrs. So..." Ga Eul didn't know how to respond. She didn't want to say no to what she was asked, but what she was asked to do was something she didn't know if she could handle.

"I need time to think about it." Ga Eul switched her gaze from the white tile floor of the room and back to Mrs. So, she replied with the honest answer and Mrs. So nodded to her request.

"Sure take your time, I know you will make the right decision." Mrs. So smiles hoping for the best. She knew that all of a sudden to ask of such a favor was a little too much, but she wanted to get her son`s life right before he becomes his father.

"Now take your medicine." Ga Eul carefully hands Mrs. So a glass of water followed by the medicine she needed to take. Finishing up Ga Eul picks up the tray and is about to head out. Then a voice called out, "Ga Eul please do think it over very carefully.” Ga Eul receiving Mrs. So 's message continues to head out of the room.

Ga Eul hands the tray to one of the nurses to put away. Ga Eul stood near the front desk of the hospital, and all that came to mind was what Mrs. So had asked her of.

A voice pulls her out of her trance, "Ga Eul?"

"Yes doctor?" Ga Eul straightened herself and stood up straight as a doctor stood in front of her.

"The patient in room 302, Mrs. So; how is she doing? Has she been taking her medicine?"

"Yes she has and she has been feeling much more relaxed as well." Ga Eul reported with a smile.

"That is good to hear, I was looking over her reports just now, she actually recovered quickly fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter