2 Separate Worlds

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please do leave comments for what you thought about the chapter. :)

“What brings you here?” Yi Jung continued to question being annoyed with the uninvited guest, especially of who was related to Ga Eul. Yi Jung`s words, cause Jae Rim to face him.

“Right I almost forgot, here you go Ga Eul!” Jae Rim hands Ga Eul the bouquet of red roses.

“What is this for?” Ga Eul questioned as she smelled the roses and smiled.

“You still like red roses right? I knew it. You didn`t change at all Ga Eul…” Jae Rim again begins to gaze over to Ga Eul without saying another word. Ga Eul was caught off guard with the eye contact, she gained from Jae Rim`s shinning eyes. Yi Jung viewing everything became annoyed with their cheap acts, and just continued to eat. As they kept viewing into only each other`s eyes, Yi Jung was about to interrupt again, when a happy lady maybe in her late twenty, hopped her way happily towards Yi Jung.

“Yi Jung sir. How are you today? I am here to get you...” The young woman pauses her words and looks over to Ga Eul as she looks back. “Oh my! Is this her? She is the lucky one right? I can tell by looking at her, she is so beautiful, sir.” Approaching Ga Eul, the young woman reaches out her hand, “Hi my name is Eun Jae. Mr. Yi Jung`s secretary.” Ga Eul smiles back and before she could respond or introduce herself, Eun Jae gives Ga Eul an unexpected hug: it was uncomfortably tight.

“Eun Jae, we must be going, you can always come back and meet her properly. Even though there isn’t much she has to talk about.” Yi Jung stands up, fixing his tie smirks following his words. Ga Eul does not give full attention to Yi Jung`s words, but her smile did disappear, and that was enough for Jae Rim to understand everything.

“Sir, why are you so mean, to your wife?”

“I don`t have time to waste, to explain everything. Lets just go now.” Yi Jung walks up to Eun Jae and waits for her to go along with him. But she refused to do so. Crossing her arms in front of her chest and making a pout.

“No. You have to say sorry to her first!”

“What happened to you all of a sudden? Yah, don`t forget you work for me!”

“So? I am also your friend right, and as a friend I am trying to help you do the right thing, so hurry up and say sorry!” Yi Jung pretends he didn`t hear anything. Ga Eul gets his signal.

“It`s okay, he doesn’t need to say anything, I didn’t mind to what he said...” Ga Eul tried to speak with a bold tone, but her voice trailed off, where the meaning behind her voice escaped everyone in the room except Jae Rim. Knowing her from childhood, he knew something was not right. He had to get Ga Eul to go alone with him so he could ask her, but how?

“You are lucky, to have Ga Eul as your wife, Mr. Yi Jung. Even with your hurtful words, she would still forgive you even if you don`t say sorry. Just because she is nice, it would be better if you stop now and don’t take advantage of her.”

“Oppa...” Ga Eul spoke with shock. She tugs on Jae Rim`s arm, knowing the consequence, and signals him not to say anything. He takes a deep sigh, and calms himself. This seemed to surprise Yi Jung, he thought to himself, how be it that Ga Eul actually had an affect on a guy like Jae Rim?

“I would advise you to know where you stand, or else you know things can go bad. I do not want to have to be fighting against a guy who is nothing more than a leech around a girl`s neck.” Yi Jung faces his back towards Jae Rim and waited for him to act out, which his fist was ready to do, but Ga Eul`s hand on his arm stopped him. Jae Rim didn’t care about anything this guy just said about him, but rather his insulting Ga Eul, that was something he couldn`t take easy. But due to Ga Eul`s plea, he let it pass.

“Ga Eul, lets go, I wanted to come take you to my office, remember, I promised you, you would be the first to see?” Ga Eul couldn`t help but put all her attention towards a little girl`s voice in her head: ‘oppa, promise me, when you come back and become a doctor, you will not forget me. Also you have to show me your new doctor office, before anyone else. Promise?’ ‘Promise.’

The flashback faded away and the grin on Ga Eul`s face never disappeared. She was touched, by the fact that even from such a young age, Jae Rim remembered their promise.

“Lets go.” Without giving her another moment to think, Jae Rim ignoring the other two figures in the hall, grabbed Ga Eul`s arm and pulled her along with him and she happily followed, for a moment she had forgotten the new life she had entered already.  

Yi Jung gritted his teeth, to what he just witnessed, how dare a commoner like her not even bother to ask him if she could go, ‘this is why I hate having any women in my life, all they know what to do is betray!’

Eun Jae`s voice, snaps Yi Jung out of his thoughts, “Sir are you okay?”

“Yeah of course, just thought about something I have to do in the office, shall we get going?” With his charming smile and Eun Jae`s shinning face, they walk out of the mansion and into Yi Jung`s favorite orange sports car.

Walking into his office, Yi Jung sits himself on his black leather chair and takes a deep sigh.

‘How long would I have to keep this up? There is no way I am going to take her with me to New Caledonia. She would only make my vacation horrible. I have to make up and excuse not to go and then later just sneak out. Yeah I think I will do that. But how?’ Thoughts, jumbled through his mind, then a knock on the glass door of his office was made, and he doesn’t make any movement.

“Come in.” He ordered.

“Sir, I have cleared your schedule for next month and now you are free to go on vacation.” Eun Jae happily reported, but the upset face of her boss only made her worry.

“Sir, aren’t you excited to go?”

“O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter