Fears and Flashbacks + Contest :)

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here is the new chapter. Please do let me know what you think. Also please read till the end, for a special contest information.

Jan Di closes the door behind her as she completed what she needed to do. She looks at Jae Rim as he makes eye contact with her. “She is resting, I am sure she will wake up soon.” Jan Di smiled trying to cheer him up but no use, Jae Rim was too worried to even smile.

“We should leave her alone and let her rest.” With that Jan Di slowly pulled Jae Rim with her outside.

Night had fallen and there was still no response from Ga Eul. Jae Rim continued to worry as he rubbed his hands together repeatedly. Ji Hoo and Jan Di are the first ones to sit on each of his side near the table they sat by earlier. Having nothing else to keep him busy, and with Eun Jae gone off to sleep, Yi Jung walked to the same table and took the seat in front of Jae Rim. Jun Pyo and Woo Bin sat on each side of Yi Jung. Silence had made the moment awkward.

“So how come you are here?” Ji Hoo asked with his soft voice, Jae Rim continued to look at his hands as he replied, “I followed Ga Eul and Yi Jung as they left my clinic. I just didn't trust him taking Ga Eul anywhere. So when I saw Yi Jung take Ga Eul to New Caledonia, I instantly bought a ticket too and took the next plane here.”

“Stalker much…” Yi Jung smirked as he folded his arms in front of his chest. Jae Rim looked up and shot Yi Jung death glares. “Well I am glad I did follow you, otherwise I would have lost Ga Eul forever and I would have never forgiven you for that!”

“But how come Ga Eul fainted, I mean she is a really strong girl…” Jan Di`s voice trailed off as she ended her sentence. This made Jae Rim look back down upon his hands, as he recalled Ga Eul`s past.

“Yes, but when the incident is related to trauma from the past, this kind of reaction is expected…”

“What kind of trauma? What happened?” Ji Hoo questioned.

Jae Rim inhaled deeply and then exhaled as he opened his mouth to speak, “ Ga Eul was only 10 years of age, when her parents died in a car accident. She blames herself even today, that it was her fault, that her parents died in that accident. She says if only she never hid behind that building, maybe she could have done something, rather than just watch...” This seemed to catch Ji Hoo`s attention as he narrowed his brows to what he heard. Jae Rim continued.

“Truth is...”

[Flashback] [The bolded dialogues are when someone speaks to Jae Rim as he is telling the story.]

Ga Eul`s father was an FBI agent, and one night when Ga Eul and her parents were out on a nice long drive, one of the mafia leader's car came crashing towards their car from the front and then it disappeared. Her parents were injured deep enough for blood to start flowing out their bodies from various places, Ga Eul received few scratches. Then quickly her father with all his strength unbuckled his belt and pulled Ga Eul into his lap. He kicked his door open, and told Ga Eul to run away. She refused, and tried to pull her father out as well as her mother, but then her father continued to push her out of the car, “Ga Eul you are daddy's brave girl, right? Now go hide behind that building and umma and appa will be there soon. Okay? Now go!”

Ga Eul did as her father said and hid behind a tall building. She instantly looks back and witnesses the same car crashing into her parent`s car again, and she watched the car roll over and over. The car stopped rolling, and it remained flipped over. The wheels still spinning in air, the cars roof crashed to the ground. Few men emerged from the car and went over to the car they had just hit, they bend down and look inside, satisfied they smile and head back into their car and drive off. Soon as the car was out of sight, Ga Eul ran to her parents.

“Appa! Umma! Wake up!” No response was given to the young girl. Tears left her eyes and her crying screams were so loud as if she was yelling into a megaphone. A weak hand reached for Ga Eul`s cheek, causing Ga Eul to instantly looks up.

“Appa!”

“Ga Eul...my brave girl. I. am.sorry…” Her father tried his best to say his last few words he could.

“No appa, it is not your fault, come on now, we have to go.” Ga Eul tried to pull her father with her, but her small fragile body was to weak to pull out the body crushed into the car.

With the tiniest amount of strength left,her father moves his hand away from Ga Eul`s cheek and places it on his neck and pulls something off, enclosing it in his hand. He reaches out that same hand to Ga Eul, “Ga Eul...” His hand collapses on the shattered pieces of glass next to him and no more movement was made.

“Appa... Appa! Appa!” All she received was silence and the dead body of her father and mother. That night no wolves howled; the crickets were no match to compete with the sobering cries of the young girl.

After that incident G

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter