Rules and Reservations: Part I

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘No wonder, not everyone gets married everyday. It is so tiring.’ Yi Jung thought to himself, as he greeted the last guest and waited for them to finally leave. Closing the door, Yi Jung sighs deeply, Mrs. So approaches her son with a big smile on her face.

“Thank you son. I am so happy you did this.” Yi Jung ignores his mother`s words and loosens his black tie, and begins to head for the stairs. Before he takes his first step, he pauses and without turning around, he replies to his mother.

“I didn't do this to my own desire, you wanted another you. This is your choice. So if this girls tries to kill herself too like you did, don’t come complain to me.”

“Yi Jung!” Mrs. So was very upset with Yi Jung`s words, but Yi Jung did not seem to care and continued.

“It is bound to happen, and till then, me and that girl shall only be presented as husband and wife, to the outside world. I will never accept her as my wife. I have already made this condition with grandpa and he agreed. That is why this marriage happened. That girl and I will never be what the world thinks we are-“

“Her name is Ga Eul and you two kissed. Didn't that mean anything to you?” Mrs. So cut Yi Jung and began to speak of words with an angry tone. Yi Jung with his back still faced to his mother, smirked to himself.  

“Whatever her name is, it doesn’t matter to me. I will save you the suspense. We did not kiss, I just made it look that way.” As Yi Jung finished his sentence Mrs. So covered with her hand, in shock.

“Also, I would never touch a girl like that. You know me; she is definitely not my type. I had doubts that were you even my mother, when you chose her for me. I mean if you were going to force me to marry, at least a hot y girl would have worked. But her, it would be a miracle, if I could last one month with her.”

“Yi Jung, enough!” Unfortunately, Mrs. So wasn't the only one who heard the whole conversation. Hearing what he just said, made her almost burst into tears, but she managed to hold them in and quietly walked into her new room.

Yi Jung continues to carry a smile on his face and begins to walk up the stairs.  As he takes his steps, heading up to his room, words leave his mouth again. “There are conditions I will be discussing with her as well, if she agrees, then that is good. If she doesn't then I don't think there is any problem with filing for divorce.”

“Divorce! Yi-“ Mrs. So was going to debate about what her son just said, but Yi Jung had walked into his room already and closed the door.

‘Not, even one month huh? We will see about that.’ Mrs. So smiles to herself as a plan emerges in her head.

Yi Jung closes the door behind and fully unknots his tie and throws it on the gray couch to the side of him. He sits himself down as well on that couch and closes his eyes. Sighing deeply Yi Jung leans back on the couch`s headrest. Hearing a door close, Yi Jung instantly opens his eyes and tilts his head up to see what had made the sound. Seeing Ga Eul coming out of the bathroom, Yi Jung ignores her presence and tilts his head back on the headrest of the couch.

Ga Eul doesn't bother saying anything to him as well. Already dressed in her pink simple two-piece pajama, she heads over to the dresser and finding a brush combs her hair. Yi Jung was too tired to say anything to her. Inhaling deeply she takes a card that was placed on the dresser and takes it in her hands. Slo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter